PDA

View Full Version : My Christmas Market Trip

Killearn Kitties
12-08-2004, 10:46 AM
I won't be around on PT this weekend, because I am going to a German Christmas Market!! A proper one, in Germany, not here!! We are going to Munich in fact, and I am going to get to meet Barbara! :D ... and Filou! :D ... and Tigris! :D I can't wait. I'm all excited!

I promise I will remember my camera and take pictures for you all.

davidpizzica
12-08-2004, 11:19 AM
Karen, just keep saying over and over to yourself, "I WILL bring my camera!", "I WILL bring my camera!" "I WILL. . .

Lillycat
12-08-2004, 11:21 AM
ohhhhh that is soooo great......wish i were going.....hi barbara (since i cant).......take lots of pictures.....cant wait.....have a great time!!!

Lillycat
12-08-2004, 11:22 AM
p.s.......oh, by the way......what can be expected to be at a german christmas market?

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-08-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Lillycat
p.s.......oh, by the way......what can be expected to be at a german christmas market?

If it is anything like the one I visited in Köln (Cologne), it is BREATHTAKING!! Hundreds of stalls with Christmas things, carols in the air, laughing happy people, it is amazing!!
Have a great time in Münich!! Aw, you're gone meet Barbara and her cats: LUCKY YOU!!!!

Randi
12-08-2004, 11:31 AM
I'm SO envious!!

Have a lot of fun and give Tigris and Filou scritchies from us - John had the honour of having Tigris in his lap, hope you get to hold them at least. They're even more handsome than on pictures ..... but we certainly look forward to some!! ;)

Barbara and Siegmar are the pefect hosts, so I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time! :D

Now, don't forget to post reports in between the fun! ;)

Barbara
12-08-2004, 11:48 AM
Munich Christmas Market (http://www.muenchen-tourist.de/englisch/christkindlmarkt/muenchen-christkindlmaerkte_e_m.htm)

This link is about the main Christmas market. The problem is there are so many.

I have decided that we try to catch the "Schwabinger" market ( a little more artsy), Tollwood ( a little more hippie) plus Chinesischer Turm (in a park near a "Chinese" pagoda from the last century) plus the main market:D :D :D

A pity we have to do it all in one day!

I am looking forward so much.

RICHARD
12-08-2004, 12:11 PM
Could you get a picture for me???
------------------------------------------------

Sacked Snow White gets new job

The Snow White sacked from a German Christmas market for posing naked has been given a job at a rival market.

Snow White, alias German singer Samira, was fired despite being the most popular fairytale character at the annual Christmas market in Dresden for five years.

The 22-year-old was banished from fairyland after she was photographed floating naked under rose petals in a bath for the cover of her new single.

The story made front page news in Germany after the seven dwarves, who were still appearing at the market, threatened to down tools in protest.

But now Snow White's manager, Gerd Richter, has confirmed she has been given another job at a bigger Christmas market just down the road.

Bernd Kaden, who runs the Christmas market in nearby Meissen, said: "We could not believe they didn't want her. We are happy to take her on."

:)

AmberLee
12-08-2004, 12:22 PM
Have a marvelous time (well, we know you will!) and remember we want details and pictures!!! I'm so excited for you!!!

Lillycat
12-08-2004, 01:19 PM
thanks barbara for the information......sounds absolutely grand.....wish i were to be there.....enjoy!!!

NoahsMommy
12-08-2004, 03:22 PM
That sounds like so much fun!! The pressure is on for pictures, we're all jealous and want to come too!!

Enjoy and report back when you return. :)

Killearn Kitties
12-08-2004, 03:29 PM
Ooh, that link is lovely, Barbara! I can't wait! Thanks so much, everyone for your good wishes! I promise I will take the best pictures I can to let you all see it.

Richard! Honestly! We will be staying in Munich, not straying over to Dresden. Where do you find this stuff??!

Good plan, David - I WILL remember my camera - I WILL remember my camera ... :D

Samantha Puppy
12-08-2004, 03:31 PM
Barbara - I know this may be a silly question but have you ever been to Hofbrauhaus that is there in Munich?

Samantha Puppy
12-08-2004, 03:34 PM
Oh, and Killearn Kitties - how far is Killearn from Glasgow? Have you ever been to Dumbarton? I have friends who live there. I was able to visit your beautiful country in October 2002. I loved it, can't wait to come back.

Killearn Kitties
12-08-2004, 03:44 PM
Well, Samantha Puppy, let me know if you are coming back!!! Killearn is not far from Glasgow, maybe 40 minutes driving time?! So Dumbarton is not far either. In fact, hubby supports Dumbarton's football team, so I have been there! Is it family you have in Dumbarton?

Killearn Kitties
12-08-2004, 03:46 PM
Oops, sorry, you said you have friends who live there. How did you meet friends who live in Dumbarton?

Samantha Puppy
12-08-2004, 03:51 PM
Online through another forum I used to frequent. I became close friends with the woman and then became friends with her husband, and flew over there after a year of online friendship to meet them. We went to Edinburgh and Belfast and London and Stratford-on-Avon (I'm a huge Shakespeare fan). And they came over here (first time stateside) in late May so that Theresa could be in my wedding.

Here they are!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/jlpatters/gandt.jpg

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-08-2004, 04:41 PM
Wow, he must have needed one separate suitcase just for that....outfit(?)! Looks cool though, and how cool is it that you met somebody online that turned out to be such a good friend that she ended up in your wedding party?

Karen, I am so jealous! I know you'll have the best time, and pu-leeze keep up the mantra...I won't forget my camera...I won't forget my camera....I won't forget my camera!

Also give Tigris and Filou skritchies from me. From what I understand, you should have no problem delivering to Tigris, but Filou may be a bit more elusive. ;) :D

Killearn Kitties
12-08-2004, 05:16 PM
Sounds like you had a great trip when you were here, Samantha Puppy, and how lovely of your new friends to get to your wedding! :D Yes, that kit is VERY heavy!

I expect Filou to be somewhat elusive, but I will take my camera and capture him if I can!

Barbara
12-09-2004, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by Samantha Puppy
Barbara - I know this may be a silly question but have you ever been to Hofbrauhaus that is there in Munich?

Believe it or not- I have never been to the Hofbraeuhaus. In Munich you consider it to be a little as a tourist place. Every big local Munich brewery has its own Braeuhaus (brew house that means) and I prefer the Weisses Braeuhaus, the Augustiner or the Franziskaner;)

Lillycat
12-09-2004, 05:35 AM
samantha's puppy.....what a wonderful friendship ........such wonderful visiting back and forth.....to treasure!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-09-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Barbara
Believe it or not- I have never been to the Hofbraeuhaus. In Munich you consider it to be a little as a tourist place. Every big local Munich brewery has its own Braeuhaus (brew house that means) and I prefer the Weisses Braeuhaus, the Augustiner or the Franziskaner;)

Ok, Barbara, I'm taking notes. When I make it there, I want to visit each one of these places! :D

Barbara
12-09-2004, 11:02 AM
Ok Debbie: I'm taking notes too. I noticed you said When and not If:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-09-2004, 11:22 AM
That's right because I will make it there....someday. ;)

lynnestankard
12-09-2004, 12:42 PM
Honestly - all this fuss Karen that you don't forget your camera!!!! I can't understand what their all going on about!!!! ROFLOL.

How lovely - you and Barbara are going to meet up - Hurray!!!
Barbara you'll love Karen she's one beautiful lady.

AND the Christmas Markets - ooohhhhhhhhh!! German Marzipan - AAARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - it's so scrummy :D :D :D :D :D

Have lots and lots of fun - all of you. I take it Alec and Siegmar ARE being included?!:D :D

Lynne

Barbara
12-10-2004, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by lynnestankard

AND the Christmas Markets - ooohhhhhhhhh!! German Marzipan - AAARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - it's so scrummy :D :D :D :D :D

Have lots and lots of fun - all of you. I take it Alec and Siegmar ARE being included?!:D :D

Of course. To my experience guys are much more into marzipan and other sweet stuff than women:D

lynnestankard
12-10-2004, 08:47 AM
Of course. To my experience guys are much more into marzipan and other sweet stuff than women:D

Ooooh No!!!! Don hates it - I can eat it til the cows come home!!!:D :D :D :D

Randi
12-11-2004, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
Ooooh No!!!! Don hates it - I can eat it til the cows come home!!!:D :D :D :D
Include John and me! :D I think we need a marcipan recipe thread!

Barbara, has Karen & Alec arrived? Have you been to the market? Can you walk another step? :eek:

Lets hear some news!!! :D

AmberLee
12-12-2004, 01:23 PM
Yes, update please!

*bump*

Killearn Kitties
12-12-2004, 04:27 PM
We had a lovely weekend with Barbara and Siegmar, but I am very tired now and will have to keep you hanging on until tomorrow for the pictures! Sorry to be such a tease. :)

Edwina's Secretary
12-13-2004, 12:57 PM
Tap, tap. tap...........

lynnestankard
12-13-2004, 03:29 PM
Hmph..........................................hmph .....................Karen?????

Lynne

Killearn Kitties
12-13-2004, 04:44 PM
For all of you people impatiently waiting, I have posted some pictures here

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66186

cookieluver7
12-13-2004, 08:23 PM
Have fun!!!! Can't wait to hear about your trip and make sure you post pics! I would love to see them!!!!:D :D :D

Vio&Juni
12-18-2004, 02:19 PM

I just found this thread!

Barbara, did we go to Franziskaner Braeuhaus in October? This is what I remember.

Barbara
12-19-2004, 09:55 AM
Yes, we did! :D