PDA

View Full Version : People with seizures?

slleipnir
12-07-2004, 08:08 PM
I think there are a few people here with epilepsy??

I was curious if people go through the same as dogs? Maybe??

Do you feel pain?? Do you remember it? Do you feel scared? Can you think straight? Do you have 'intermissions' between seizures where you're still shakey, but can think a little straighter??

Sorry for the stupid questions, but I really want to know how Josie feels........

(she had her 1st seizure in quite a while yesterday :(:()

flamepony12
12-07-2004, 08:10 PM
I'm sorry about Josie. :( I hope she feels better soon, and I hope you find out what's wrong. :(

slleipnir
12-07-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by flamepony12
I'm sorry about Josie. :( I hope she feels better soon, and I hope you find out what's wrong. :(

She has epilepsy

Amber
12-07-2004, 08:27 PM
I don't have seizures, but every time-to-time I have fainting spells. Alot of the time its cause of low blood sugar, or something. When it does happen I can feel them comming, and I basically go numb I don't feel nothing, and when I wake up it's like waking up from sleeping.

I'm sorry. It's not the same as seizers, but I do hope I helped in some way. I'll think of Josie.

davidpizzica
12-07-2004, 10:53 PM
When I was younger I had epilepsy. For some reason I woud get them only at night. In the morning I would wake up with a sore tongue and a terrible headache. And through the next day there was a little disorientation. (one good thing abut them was that I got out of school the next day!).

DJFyrewolf36
12-08-2004, 03:40 AM
I have had minor seizures and know people with them. My seizures usually happen because of stress or low blood sugar. I usually black out with them, but wake up very very sore...kind of like the ache youd get from the flu. It generally lasts for a day or two after. My friend has had really bad ones. One time he had one so bad that he couldnt get out of bed for a couple of days after.

Seizures are icky...Im praying for your Josie!!!

Cincy'sMom
12-08-2004, 08:01 AM
My best friend's brother has seizures...sometimes from low blood sugar (he is diabetic), other times they don't have a real cause for (the doc's have just said he has a mild seizure disorder)

Anway, I have not been there when he has had one, but my firend said he gets very mean when he first wakes up... he generaly has them at night, and doens't know why everyone has woken him up in the middle of the night, doesn't believe he has had one, wants everyone to leave him alone. The next day he usually has a bad headache and is tired.

slleipnir
12-08-2004, 08:13 AM
Lately just the smoke alarm (my bro cooking :rolleyes: ) will set her off. That noise totally bothers her. She usually diidn't go into a seizure though, just get shakey and scared like.

But the other day she had a mild seizure. (thank god not like her other ones. She's had like 4 in a row before...and of course by that time i'm crying my eyes out which doesnt help. I tell myself 'I'll be strong for her this time!! -cries-' I'm such a whimp....I just wanted to know what it was like for her......I wish I could have them for her....I reallllllllllllllllllly do

Thanks for the info everyone

ramanth
12-08-2004, 08:30 AM
Unfortunately everyone is different.

My friend has epilepsy and she's had two seizures in my presence. She says she has been aware of the seizure in the past (can hear people talking to her; feeling of helplessness), but when she came around and I told her she had had a seizure she thought I was joking around with her. She didn't remember a thing.

Both happened late at night. So that might be why she didn't remember. She'd be sleeping and suddenly would seize up.

sirrahbed
12-08-2004, 11:48 AM
Yes, I have seizures. My medications control them now. There is no pain or fear involved so please don't worry about that. Sometimes, I did not even know they happened at all - very brief and mild. I only had 3 severe seizures and afterwards, I felt very tired and wanted to sleep it off but no fear or pain.

There are many types of seizures and many types of things that trigger them such as flickering lights (mine), sounds, stress, smells, medications etc.