PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for my baby...

Tonya
12-07-2004, 02:24 PM
I've been leaking amniotic fluid for a few weeks now. I didn't realize that was what it was until today. They want me to go to this really ghetto hospital right now because they're saying that's the only one that's good at preterm babies. I told them that I really don't want to go there, so they are working on getting me into a better hospital. They're supposed to call me back within the hour. It's way to early for me to have this baby, I'm only 29 1/2 weeks. My heart can't afford to lose another one. Please pray for baby Tyler. Thank you.

molucass
12-07-2004, 02:27 PM
I will be praying for you and your baby and your entire family..
I hope everything will be ok.

Tonya
12-07-2004, 02:31 PM
Pray for my husband's life too because I really hate him right now. He just said that he doesn't understand why I am leaking when I've had such an easy pregnancy...that most women have to work during their pregnancy. I've moved, painted a whole house, threw a huge party, and am still doing all the household work...I don't call that an easy pregnancy.

puppyloves
12-07-2004, 02:36 PM
You and your baby will be in my thoughts and prayers!

NoahsMommy
12-07-2004, 02:36 PM
Tonya,

I'll be praying for you, Tyler and your hubby. I think your hubby needs to open his eyes...this is serious and not a time to be unsupportive.

Take care and try and relax. Let us know when you're going to the hospital.

Love, Kelly

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-07-2004, 02:46 PM
Dear Tonya, you're in my prayers!!

My Peanuts
12-07-2004, 02:47 PM
I'll be praying for you & Tyler. I hope everything will be ok. Please keep us updated.

As for Mike, I'll pray that he understands what women go through emotionally and physically during a pregnancy, but I think we are going to need a lot of prayer to convince a man of that ;)

Think positive and everything will be ok.

RICHARD
12-07-2004, 02:47 PM
I used to work at a hospital where the Doc in charge of the premies was a short, balding man who never wore a shirt that was properly ironed and he had very poor hygiene.

I was behind him in the elevator once and I almost tossed my cookies.

BUT, he was the best doctor in the area......His name came up time and time again when a especially tough case was brought in.

----------------------------------------

Sometimes 'ghetto' medical facilites have the best people and equipment to handle emergencies.

Here in Los Angeles some of those facilities are the trauma centers near the middle/lower class areas.

You need the best doctors and care for you and your child.

Please don't overlook any of your options.

Good luck and prayers sent.

carole
12-07-2004, 02:54 PM
Oh Tonya when I read this my heart nearly missed a beat, I am so sorry to hear this, but I am going to send you lots of positive vibes, and I hope with all my heart you and Tyler will be just fine.

Hubby you need a good kick in the pants right now, this is a time for you to be there for Tonya, give her all the love and support you can, not all pregnancy's go smoothly, regardless of the situation, even the easiest of pregnancys are not without their problems,Tonya I came close to loosing my son, so I can well empathise with your anguish, and feelings right now.

Take care sweetheart, and fingers and paws crossed here for everything to be fine, I sure hope you get the best care possible, thinking of you. HUGS.

popcornbird
12-07-2004, 02:58 PM
Oh gosh. :( I'll be praying for you and your sweet baby. Hope everything goes well. Tell your husband that all women are different.....some can do everything during pregnancy, and some have to stay in bedrest. This is not the time to be insensitive. :( Men just 'don't get it' sometimes...sadly. He should be happy he's a man and doesn't have to go through pregnancy. Pregnancy is not easy for a lot of women. Keep us updated. I pray that both you and your baby will be just fine.

jazzcat
12-07-2004, 02:59 PM
Tonya, you and baby Tyler - and hubby, are in my prayers. I'm sending you all the positive thoughts I can muster too.

(((HUGS)))

trayi52
12-07-2004, 03:05 PM
Tonya, I will keep you in my prayers and send good thoughts to you and Tyler as well.

Take care.

Willie

GraciesMommy
12-07-2004, 03:08 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/pamelagraves/pray4u.gif
I am praying that you will be able to keep little Tyler in for a few more weeks! Keep happy thoughts!

catnapper
12-07-2004, 03:17 PM
Oh Tonya!!! This is so scary! Please go to whatever hospital you can get yourself to - ghetto or not!

Tell Mike that its not been an easy pregancy - what with all the stress of family deaths, family squabbles over boy vs. girl, and the stress from his bike accident! Stress does not make for an easy pregancy!

caseysmom
12-07-2004, 03:22 PM
Oh Tonya, I hope you and the baby are doing okay. You will probably need bed rest. Don't be too hard on hubby I think men get scared and don't know how to express it. A friend of mine had her daughter at 28 weeks, she is a very tall healthy teen right now....

lynnestankard
12-07-2004, 03:26 PM
Dear Tonya - keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Hope all goes well.

I'd second what Richard said re: 'ghetto' hospitals. My daughter's sister-in-law is a doctor in the Chicago 'ghetto' hospital - she is second to none and mothers and their children come from miles away to be treated by her. Please don't dismiss going to this offered hospital - you may be so glad you did.

Love Lynne xx

ChrisH
12-07-2004, 03:32 PM
Oh, Tonya. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Chris

BitsyNaceyDog
12-07-2004, 03:49 PM
Oh Tonya, you and Baby Tyler are in my thoughts and prayers. ((hugs))

Corinna
12-07-2004, 03:54 PM
{{{prayers heading your way}}} I agree about the "getto" hospital most of the staff there are there becouse they care not for the "huge "paychecks.

Jods
12-07-2004, 04:41 PM
You are in my thoughts... :(

tatsxxx11
12-07-2004, 04:52 PM
Oh Tonya:( Prayers for you and baby Tyler! I do hope your husband comes to understand how serious this is...he needs to be supportive now more than ever:(

lizzielou742
12-07-2004, 05:22 PM
Hoping for the best here. Let us know when you can.

DogLover9501
12-07-2004, 05:27 PM
You and baby Tyler will be in my thoughts :( Please keep us posted.

Tollers-n-Dobes
12-07-2004, 05:30 PM
You and your family will be in our thoughts, Tonya:( I hope everything will be ok:(

davidpizzica
12-07-2004, 05:31 PM
Tonya, my deepest prayers go out for you and dear Tyler. Also to your husband so that he can understand what you are going through.

rosethecopycat
12-07-2004, 05:39 PM
I'm sorry to hear of your difficulties. This is serious, and your husband needs to understand that this is life sustaining fluid. It's like air to him. Any pregnancy can go from easy to hard in a split second.

Prayers for you and your baby.

chocolatepuppy
12-07-2004, 06:03 PM
Tonya, so sorry to hear this. You and your baby will be in my prayers.

Karen
12-07-2004, 06:08 PM
You and your baby will both be in my prayers.

KYS
12-07-2004, 06:40 PM
I am praying and thinking of you.
No comment on hubby. :(

joycenalex
12-07-2004, 06:50 PM
you', your baby and your husband are in my prayers. if your beloved husband ever says anything that stupid again, please let me know, i'll send my mom out to deliever one of her dope slaps. regards, joyce

QueenScoopalot
12-07-2004, 07:21 PM
Sending more prayers from the Northeast that all will go well with the baby, and your family Tonya.

flamepony12
12-07-2004, 07:45 PM
Lots of Prayers coming to you and your baby, Tonya. (((((HUGS))))

rg_girlca
12-07-2004, 09:11 PM
Big time prayers on the way for you and your precious little baby Tyler.

Christiansmommy
12-07-2004, 09:36 PM
Prayers being sent out for you and baby.

anna_66
12-07-2004, 09:46 PM
Tonya,
Just seen this thread. How are you doing? Is everything alright?
I sure do hope so.

I'm keeping you & your baby in my prayers girl.

teenster3
12-07-2004, 09:53 PM
My thoughts will be with you & your family right now!

captain
12-07-2004, 09:56 PM
{{hugs}} and prayers for you ............

Logan
12-07-2004, 10:38 PM
I am hoping and praying that everything is ok, Tonya. You and the baby are in my prayers.

Logan

caseysmom
12-07-2004, 10:56 PM
I am worried sick about you Tonya...keep thinking you must be getting the help you need thats why we haven't heard from you. Hugs to you and your family.

kimlovescats
12-07-2004, 11:55 PM
Oh Tonya, I am sending prayers that your baby will be alright and stay "put" for a few more weeks! Please update us when you can!

((((HUGS))))
Kim;)

Tonya
12-08-2004, 12:01 AM
Hi, everyone. Thank you for the thoughts and prayers. I'd called my aunt who is a nurse at my hospital of choice. She explained to me that my hospital does not have an intensive unit for premature babies and that they fly the premies to that "ghetto" hospital. (My other complaint about the ghetto hospital is that it's almost an hour away.) Since I was not in labor, she suggested that I just go to my hospital of choice, that they cannot reject me. But she said if a time comes where I am showing labor symptoms, I need to be at that other hospital one way or another.

Anyways, so I went to my hospital of choice and they checked me in. They did all the tests and determined that the baby is doing well and I am well. The leak is continuous, but very slow. I am not dialated and have no contractions. Dr. said amniotic fluid is being made continuously so as long as the leak stays slow, the baby will be fine. He said that they used to induce labor at the first sign of leaking but this day and age, they've learned that it isn't critical. So, for now, I have to take it easy and they have to monitor me on a regular basis. It's going to be hard for me to be lazy, but if that's what it takes, I'm all for it. I'm going tomorrow for a follow up with my regular doctor.

As far as hubby goes, once he talked to the doc, he freaked out. He didn't know what amniotic fluid was or how important it is. But he is so in the dog house, he needs some major sensitivity training.

luckies4me
12-08-2004, 12:13 AM
Tonya I am glad to hear things will be OK for now. Please take care of yourself and do what the doctors say to do. You will be in my prayers and I know this baby will be a beautiful healthy little boy. :)

AmberLee
12-08-2004, 02:03 AM
{{{Tonya}}}

Prayers continuing for you and your family. Hang in there.

Miranda_Rae
12-08-2004, 06:58 AM
Oh Tonya, I am so sorry. I hope everything goes well, and you will be in my prayers. :( {{{HUGS}}}

Jods
12-08-2004, 07:12 AM
well then you better get too bed feet up!! Well at least stay really really calm!!! More prayers coming!:)

Cincy'sMom
12-08-2004, 07:19 AM
Thoughts and prayers coming your way Tonya!

A friend of a friend recently went through the same thing...she was loosing fluid and they put her on bed rest. She didn't seem to know the meaning of the word, so eventually, they put her in hopsital to make sure she was on bed rest. The baby was born early (they expected him to be due to other issues), but he is home now, and doing well.

I guess what I'm saying is take the rest serisously!! I hope all will go well for you and Tyler and the rest of your family.

robinh
12-08-2004, 07:44 AM
You are definitely in my prayers! Keep us posted!

pitc9
12-08-2004, 07:58 AM
Tonya, please know that you, Tyler, and your hubby are in my prayers. *~hugs~* to you all!

ramanth
12-08-2004, 08:35 AM
Glad to hear you and the baby are well. Continued prayers sent. :)

Albea
12-08-2004, 10:25 AM
Tonya, sorry to be late to send you positive thoughts and prayers.
Please take good care of yourself and follow doctor's orders.
Best wishes for you and baby Tyler.

caseysmom
12-08-2004, 10:28 AM
I am so happy for the good news Tonya....now get some bed rest, I am sure its hard with a young son but do the best you can.

Barbara
12-08-2004, 10:34 AM
Tonya, sorry I'm late! I am so glad that it is ok for the moment but I agree with everybody- no more painting houses or throwing parties before the baby is born.:)

NoahsMommy
12-08-2004, 10:50 AM
Whew...I'm so glad you and the baby are OK, Tonya. We were really worried about you.

Relax and do whatever you feel is best for you and the baby. Everything will get done, don't worry.

Hugs,
Kelly :)

Kiia
12-08-2004, 11:57 AM
Will be keeping you, baby Tyler, and your hubby in my thoughts. Please update us when you can.

My Peanuts
12-08-2004, 02:06 PM
I'm so glad to hear you & baby Tyler are ok. When I prayed last night it was mostly about you :).

I reread what I wrote earlier in this thread. I hope you didn't take it as I was taking this situation lightly. I just think a positive attitude helps and so does a little laughter :)

mina'smomma
12-08-2004, 02:16 PM
Saying double prayers for precious Tonya's baby.

carole
12-08-2004, 05:11 PM
Tonya I am so relieved to hear things are ok, now you do as the Doc ordered,feet up girl and hubby you be treating your girl like the princess she is ya hear. Take much care, and BTW I love the name Tyler, did not know you had chosen bubs name until now, great choice.:)

kimlovescats
12-08-2004, 07:09 PM
What a relief!!! Now, you be a good patient / mommy-to-be and rest up ... you'll need it for those all nighters with a newborn!;)

(((HUGS)))
Grammy Kim;)

Logan
12-08-2004, 09:36 PM
Do as the doctor orders, Tonya!!! You are in my prayers. :)

moosmom
12-09-2004, 10:06 AM
Tonya,

Thoughts and prayers on the way! Hang in there honey. And do what the doctor says!!! That's an order! ;)

(((hugs)))

Donna

lynnestankard
12-09-2004, 11:03 AM
Feet up and rest Tonya - maybe hubby could be reading some books on childbirth? If might help him come to terms with what his wife is going through?

{{{Hugs}}}} across the miles. xxx

Lynne

petslover
12-09-2004, 11:24 AM
I am glad everything will be okay! God Bless!

prechrswife
12-09-2004, 07:29 PM
I just saw this. I'm glad things are okay. Take care of yourself and that baby.:)

Tonya
12-09-2004, 09:02 PM
Thank you again, everyone. I really appreciate the thoughts and prayers. I have just been sleeping alot which I don't mind to much. Sarah is such a lazy dog, she'll sleep with me all day no problem. She's like a cat. (Except when she got into a Christmas decoration today while I was sleeping and it dyed her fur red. :rolleyes: ) My doctor recommended staying down for most of the day. She says to try and not be up and around more then two hours a day. She talked about doing that test where they stick the long needle in the belly...aminostintesis (I know I didn't spell it right.) That REALLY freaks me out. She said that they'll be able to determine how much fluid is in the womb that way. They're not going to do it for now since I've got a slow leak and the baby is still moving around like crazy. Now, I have to keep a kick count card all day long. It's kind of a hassle, but worth the trouble. I have to be sure that the baby kicks at least 10 times an hour.