PDA

View Full Version : Why do people do stuff like this?

puppyloves
12-07-2004, 12:58 PM
Sorry I had this posted in the wrong place. I can't understand why anyone would do this! :mad:

Police: Woman hit teens after golf ball struck car

Tuesday, December 7, 2004 Posted: 8:07 AM EST (1307 GMT)

ST. AUGUSTINE, Florida (AP) -- A woman ran over two teenage brothers after they accidentally hit her sport utility vehicle with a golf ball they were bouncing in a parking lot, officials said. One of the boys suffered life-threatening injuries.

The 14- and 16-year-old boys were bouncing the golf ball in a shopping center parking lot Sunday afternoon when it went astray and struck the SUV driven by 47-year-old Kathy Feaganes Allen, sheriff's Deputy Greg Suchy said.

No damage was done, and the boys apologized and began to walk away, Suchy said. Allen started to drive away, but suddenly made a U-turn, ran over a median and struck the teens before knocking over a light pole, Suchy said.

"I tried to run. I blacked out. I woke up bleeding," Justin Marshman, 16, told The Florida Times-Union.

She then allegedly went after a third brother, but did not hit him. A witness said that after the SUV came to rest, Allen got out of the car and smoked a cigarette with the boys lying on the ground in pain.

"She charged them. This was the most deliberate act," witness Russell McPhee said. "After she ran them down, she got out of the car and lit a cigarette like a movie star."

Isiah Grayer, 14, was in critical condition Monday. Justin Marshman, his stepbrother, was treated for non-life threatening injuries.

Brent Woolbright of the St. Johns County Public Defender's Office said he was assigned Allen's case Monday and was trying to get all the facts.

"I talked to her, and her story is a little different that what was reported," he said.

Allen told the court she has mental problems. A judge ordered her held without bail Monday on three counts of attempted murder.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/12/07/b...t.ap/index.html

RICHARD
12-07-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by puppyloves

She then allegedly went after a third brother, but did not hit him. A witness said that after the SUV came to rest, Allen got out of the car and smoked a cigarette with the boys lying on the ground in pain.

This drives me absolutely nutso-cuckoo.

Did this gal smoke a cigarette with the boys or WHILE the boys were on the ground??

"Here, I almost killed you with my car, smoke a cigarette...this will make the pain go away.....":confused:

---------------------------------------

WWTWD???

What would Tiger Woods do???

mina'smomma
12-07-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
This drives me absolutely nutso-cuckoo.

Did this gal smoke a cigarette with the boys or WHILE the boys were on the ground??

"Here, I almost killed you with my car, smoke a cigarette...this will make the pain go away.....":confused:

---------------------------------------

WWTWD???

What would Tiger Woods do???

Richard,

Tiger would probably get up and take a 9 iron to her precious SUV and then upside her head.