PDA

View Full Version : Ack! Diet thwarted!

Lacey
12-07-2004, 12:29 PM
Gah! I've been outsmarted!

I've got the cats on Purina Weight Management to try to get Zelda to lose a little weight and trim down that "about to pop with kittens" figure she's got. And since Mowgli loves the stuff, well, he's been getting the same in a slightly larger serving.

So last night I stopped to pick up some supper. When I got in, I put Mowg into the bathroom with his food bowl so I could have some peace and quiet to eat (Ah! No pitiful mews! No lightning paws swatting at my food! No blur of orange trying to get in my lap so he can get to the plate). Normally I wait until he's had his fill to eat before he goes in the bathroom because I'm waiting on my own supper to finish cooking.

So I let him out after I'd eaten, and he'd barely touched his dinner. Very odd, because both bowls are normally empty really quickly. So I keep the bowl where Mowgli can see and get to it and where I can watch it. He still barely touches it. This leads me to one conclusion. Zelda's not losing any weight because she's getting a double helping of supper once Mowgli eats as much as he wants. :eek: :D Maybe she thinks eating twice as much of the diet food will help her lose weight twice as fast. :rolleyes:

Craftlady
12-07-2004, 12:33 PM
ROFL sound like Eleanor she doesnt let a bowl go full for very long.