PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Bahrain

Ally Cat's Mommy
12-07-2004, 11:06 AM
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to stop in and say hello! Sorry I haven't been posting much recently. I got back from my holiday in South Africa last week, and have been SO busy trying to catch up with everything here, as well as starting a new job, so things have been busy.

I'm still not feeling too good, or too positive, but I am trying to keep myself busy, and spend time with myself just trying to figure out how to deal with all my issues - one at a time!

The new job is one way I attempting to deal with my homesickness. Although it's not in my chosen field - I am working as a "Property Negotiator"(basically I rent out houses), at least it's a reason to get up and dressed and out of the house 5 mornings a week, so it's a good thing for me at the moment.

Thanks to everyone for the wonderful emails, PMs cards and little presents I have received over the past couple of weeks - I will contact each of you individually to say thanks! You have NO IDEA how much is has helped me, just to know that people care! You are the BEST!!!

The cats are doing great. Connor is his laid-back relaxed (and ever-fatter) self, and Ally is still an absolute terror at times. (She bit me again last week - she is just VERY lucky that I love her so much). The outside cats are doing well too. They were all looked after whilst I was away, and Ginger is getting so big! Also I managed to rehome another friends cat (who was going to be placed in a high-kill shelter as they are leaving Bahrain) - I found HER Ginger a new home with my next door neighbor, so that was some cheerful news!

To all my dear friends here - thank you SO MUCH for all your encouragement and support. I am sorry if I am not very responsive, or don't post much at the moment. It's not YOU, it's ME - hope you all understand.

Happy Christmas Shopping everyone......only 18 days till Santa comes.;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-07-2004, 11:28 AM
Julie! How wonderful to see you back, we've missed you! I'm so glad you're feeling a bit better and are working at your issues one at a time. That's the only way to do it otherwise things just get way too overwhelming. Glad to hear Ally and Connor and the outside kitties are all doing well.

{{{hugs}}}

Killearn Kitties
12-07-2004, 11:30 AM
Julie!! I'm so glad to hear from you. :D I was just wondering today how you were.

I'm glad to hear you are working, it can be a godsend to have that routine and gives you something else to think about for a few hours.

Glad to hear the positive cat news too!

Lots of smoochies to Ally and Connor and hugs to you!

NoahsMommy
12-07-2004, 11:41 AM
Julie,

I've been thinking about you. I'm glad you're home and starting a new job. I'll be praying its something that gives you a little bit of joy.

Its nice hearing from you. I'm going to send you a PM.

:)

Logan
12-07-2004, 12:11 PM
Hi Julie!!! Welcome back!!!! :) You sound good! I'm so happy about your new job (I have one too, and I am no longer working from my home......it was time and I feel better getting out every day). Hugs to Connor and Ally!! :D

Cataholic
12-07-2004, 12:12 PM
Yay! Hi Julie! I missed you. Glad you feel at least a little better, and could post us an update. Look at the job like this...at least it brings in some money! Hugs to you and scritchies to the kitties.

Barbara
12-07-2004, 12:43 PM
Julie! So great to hear from you. My thoughts have been with you all the time!
Times are bad sometimes but the only thing that is true is times change and nothing is bad all the time!

I am so glad to hear all your cats are doing well. Kiss that little brat Ally from me and give Connor a headbumpie:)

dukedogsmom
12-07-2004, 01:14 PM
Didn't know you were having problems or I probably would have emailed you also. Glad you're doing a little better. Have a great Christmas.

ramanth
12-07-2004, 01:45 PM
Great hearing from you! :) *hugs*

RICHARD
12-07-2004, 01:55 PM
Glad to see you are back....

Feel better!!:)

ChrisH
12-07-2004, 02:20 PM
Hi, Julie, it's great to hear from you. :D

{{hugs}}

catlover4ever
12-07-2004, 02:22 PM
Hi Julie...so good to see you back. I'm glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better and that you had a good holiday back home.

A {{{hug}}} to you and headbumpies to Ally and Connor.

Tonya
12-07-2004, 02:26 PM
It's good to hear from you, Julie. I've really missed you. If I don't talk to you soon, have a Merry Christmas.

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-07-2004, 02:45 PM
Hi Julie, welcome back home! I don't know what happened, as I am only back on PT since about 1 month (or is it less?); I'm wishing you all the best!!

ps. I am Lut, but my new user's name is Maya & Inka's mommy ;)

popcornbird
12-07-2004, 03:04 PM
I was just thinking of you last night Julie! Thanks for checking in with us. I know things have been hard on you lately, and I pray that everything turns for the best. I'm glad you at least have a job now...even though its not what you wanted, its still a job, right? ;) Best of luck to you in life. We miss you here!

catnapper
12-07-2004, 03:52 PM
Glad to hear from you again! I am sorry that you are having some issues right now, but glad that you are trying to have a positive outlook - thats half the battle! Wishing you a happy holiday!

QueenScoopalot
12-07-2004, 07:25 PM
Happy you popped back here to say hi, and give us an update on things Julie. Hope things continue to improve in the coming new year, and that you have more time to stick around a bit. :)

GoldenRetrLuver
12-07-2004, 10:10 PM
Hi Jules! We've missed you around here!

It's great to hear from you. Glad to hear Ally and Connor are doing well, and good luck with your new job! :)

{{hugs}}

kimlovescats
12-08-2004, 12:01 AM
Julie, I'm so glad to see you posted! I sent you an e-mail!]

One day at a time, sweet friend!;)

(hugs)
Kim

gini
12-08-2004, 12:46 AM
Dear Julie,

I was driving the other day and you popped into my mind. I was wondering how you were doing and missing your posts here.

Keeping busy can be a real tonic...........and having an income will help you as well.

I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers, and please know that, as you can see, all of us have missed you here.