PDA

View Full Version : Problem at school, what should I do?

Toby's my baby
12-06-2004, 06:51 PM
We got a new student at my school about a month ago. I go to a very small school (only about 180 students in K-12) so everyone knows him pretty well.

He rides my bus, and I have gotten to know him pretty good. We were talking today, and he said he put exdacie in a 5th graders pop at the library:eek: He also asked another 5th grader on my bus if she wanted pot. . I know the right thing to do would be to tell the principle, but what if he was just kidding around? What if he found out it was me that turned him in?

Last year we had a girl in about 11th grade that was doing drugs, the cops came right to school and arrested her in the hallway, what a scene THAT was!

Please, tell me what to do. . the right thing would be to turn him in, but what if I am wrong, what if he was joking, what if I ruin a friendship, not that I really want to be friends with him anyway I guess. . :o

GraciesMommy
12-06-2004, 06:58 PM
Ok..I work in the counselor's office. Tomorrow you go straight to the coun. office and see YOUR counselor..you tell them what you heard him say..it will remain anonymous...also there is an 800 number you can call..1-800-HOTLINE...it should lead you to the one for you area and you can report it anonymously as well..but I would talk to your counselor and let them handle it. If your school is so small that you don't have one, then call the hotline. He can really hurt someone..slipping a child something...they can have a reaction...and die...especially if they are small...

And tell your parents...if he does something and a child is hurt/dies..you are going to be loaded down with guilt and you don't want that ( it won't be your fault, but I know that is what you will go thru)

RICHARD
12-06-2004, 06:59 PM
Let me ask you a question.

If this kid put ecstasy into someone's soda and that person dies,
how are YOU going to feel about it?

You can do without friends like that.....even if they are joking!

Look at it this way-
If you do not do anything about it and someone gets hurt, sick or killed can you live with yourself knowing that you could have said something??

Or you can turn your "friend" in and go on to better people......

If he is kidding around, he only has himself to blame.

Toby's my baby
12-06-2004, 07:08 PM
Thanks guys! We have a councilor at our school, but I dont think she comes in untill Wed. so it will have to wait.

Should I tell a councilor or the office/principle?

GraciesMommy
12-06-2004, 07:12 PM
Either one..but you need to tell one or the other tomorrow..do not wait til Wed..this is important! Let us know what happens...

Principal OR Counselor.....but TELL!!!

I am speaking from experience..I have seen this happen too many times..sometimes its fake..sometimes it is the real deal...last year we had 5 kids stomachs pumped...all falling out from Xanax..all suspended to JJAEP the rest of the year...not good on their record! But tough, they ask for it..

Karen
12-06-2004, 07:18 PM
I agree - tell someone tomorrow. The principal, or someone else you trust ... if he told you on the bus, someone else could have overheard and so he won't necessarily know it's you ... extacy is nothing to fool with, and if he's just trying to get positive attention from you and is lying, that's his own fault when he gets in trouble.

"Friends" like this you do not need.

molucass
12-06-2004, 07:50 PM
You could also get in trouble by associating yourself with him if they were to catch him with something while you were around. That happened more than once to people when I was in high school..

I would definitely tell the principal. Even if he was joking, thats definitely not something someone should joke about.

Tonya
12-07-2004, 09:20 AM
You need to tell someone. Even if he was just joking, that is a horrible thing to say. Esctasy is a horrible drug that can kill.

Queen of Poop
12-07-2004, 09:43 AM
You're a smart kid, just the fact that you are asking for guidance leads me to believe you already know what the right thing to do is and you just need confirmation of that. As was said before if he hurts someone you will be burdened with that guilt for the remainder of your life and that would be a horrible thing. If he is only joking it is definitely a bad joke and he should learn the lesson that to joke about something so foolish is not without consequences. Take heart that you are doing the absolute right thing by informing an adult who can handle the matter.

My Peanuts
12-07-2004, 04:25 PM
First of all ecstasy is very dangerous for adults and I'm guessing that on a 5th grader would be much worse. There is an almost a 100% of developing Parkinson’s disease when an adult takes ecstasy just once. This drug is worse than anyone ever thought a few years ago. I'm only 23 years old and I have only been out of college about a year and a half and I'm young enough to remember high school. I have been around it a lot and have heard a lot of stories. I would go to the police or make an anonymous call. If he's running his mouth on the bus, then he won't know who did it. If it's true and he's is really slipping people drugs, then there are a lot of risks being taken. It might be that because he is new he thinks he will make friends this way and it may not be true, but it could be and something needs to be done. If he is lying then at the very least he will learn not to lie.

Toby's my baby
12-07-2004, 07:26 PM
I told a teacher today about Brian, I trusted this teacher, and he jsut said that Brian is all "talk" and wouldn't do that, then he just rolled his eyes... :o

I am going to try and tell the principle tomorrow, hopefully he will be there. I also hope Mr.Breitbach, the teacher I told, did something about it.

I did not see Brian in school today, I hope he never comes back to our school... :o, I dont want these kind of people in our school.

Jods
12-07-2004, 08:17 PM
Glad you told someone. Your teacher should have taken you seriously though. Hope your principle does something.

My Peanuts
12-08-2004, 01:29 PM
That makes me so mad! :mad: What if something happens to one of those kids!?! That teacher would be in big trouble.

mina'smomma
12-08-2004, 02:23 PM
You need to tell your couselor. It may make him upset with you, but in the long run you know your doing the right thing.

He could seriously hurt someone with the drugs and even kill them. Joking about slipping a drug to someone isn't funny. I lost a dear friend because someone slipped her GHB and it killed her. Please go and tell someone.

GraciesMommy
12-08-2004, 02:46 PM
That teacher could lose their job if something happens and they didn't do anything to see that this doesn't get any worse, they may be right, but what if they are wrong. How will they feel if they find out that this kid did something foolish, someone winds up really sick or worse, and they have to live with the knowledge that they knew about the possibility but just blew it off!
If they don't listen or do anything about it, move on to the next adult..someone is bound to get their head out of their britches eventually and do something!

CamCamPup33
12-08-2004, 04:47 PM
I think the answer is pretty self-explanatory.

As Richard said, How would you feel if that person died because YOU didn't tell anyone about it, when someone could have helped him/her?

I think you need to go and tell a counsler, soon, before he "Jokes" again..

IMO..

Toby's my baby
12-09-2004, 07:41 PM
Since I told the teacher on Mon. Brian hasn't been in school once this week, so the teacher must have said something, thank god! I hope he got suspended, or even better left our school, I WISH!! lol, thanks you guys for all of your advice!