PDA

View Full Version : It is my Dads birthday today.....

carole
12-06-2004, 02:36 PM
It is the 7th of December here in NZ, and today my dad turned 73, my dad just recently got diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, so he is learning new ways of dealing with that, but other than that and a heart attack two years ago, he is a healthy old guy, he still works full time , in his own business buying and selling stock, I cannot believe the energy he has for his age.

Today is a very significant day in history as well, not one most americans wish to remember, the bombing of Pearl Harbour 1941, ( my Dad was only a young child himself, but I am sure he remembers it well), my heartfelt condolences to all those who were lost on this tragic day.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD, your'e the best, and I hope you will be with me for many more years to come. LOVE YA.:)

GraciesMommy
12-06-2004, 02:44 PM
Give him a big PT hugggggggg

Hope he has a great birthday!

lynnestankard
12-06-2004, 02:45 PM
Awww Carole, what a wonderful day for your Dad - I hope he has a lovely Birthday - perhaps with special cake!!

Lynne

carole
12-06-2004, 02:54 PM
Thanks Lynne and graciesmommy, unfortunately he is not having a cake, since he has diabetes, he has to watch his diet, I usually get him special chocolate, he loves chocolate, guess that is where I get it from lol, but instead I got him a voucher to use at his favourite cafe/restaurant, he can still choose healthier options.

I am just so blessed to have both my parents still with me, that I wanted to share with you my happiness.

guineapiglover4life
12-06-2004, 04:39 PM
Be sure to tell your dad that us PTers all wish him a happy birthday! :D

chrissycat21
12-06-2004, 04:52 PM
Tell him that PT wishes him a very happy birthday!

carole
12-06-2004, 05:04 PM
Better still I am going to print out the replies and show him, then he will see why I love PT so much won't he?:)

luckies4me
12-06-2004, 05:07 PM
Happy Birthday to you! :D

Give him a big kiss on the cheek for me. :D

davidpizzica
12-06-2004, 05:59 PM
Carole, here's giving your father the best of Pittsburgh birthday wishes! Isn't it great that we all have December birthdays. (mine is the 12th). I can also sympathize wi9th your father about diabetes. I'm borderline diabetic myself. It's great to hear that he is enjoying a full life despite his diabetes.

slick
12-06-2004, 06:01 PM
Happy Birthday Carole's Dad....have a wonderful day and thank you for giving us a wonderful Pet Talker like Carole. :)

carole
12-06-2004, 06:20 PM
Thank you everyone, I put a birthday call on our radio station for him this morning, they broadcasted me talking to the DJ, at the time I had no idea, luckily I taped it for Dad, its quite good really, and then they put on a special broadcast about pearl harbour, so I recorded it all for Dad., he will no doubt be quite chuffed as he will when I show him these replys. YOUR'E simply the BEST you lot.:)

cookieluver7
12-06-2004, 08:11 PM
Tell your dad to have a very special 73rd birthday.