PDA

View Full Version : Positive thoughts, please

Cincy'sMom
12-06-2004, 02:29 PM
I was hoping I could ask a favor. Tomorrow morning I will be having my gall bladder removed. Since is my first surgery and first time in the hopsital, I'm a little (read extremely) nervous!

I'm not sure yet if I'll be home tomorrow night or if they will keep me til Wednesday, but I will be off work for there next 1-2 weeks.

Also keep Ralph, my mom and the dogs in your thoughts, as they are the ones who will have to deal with me :D

GraciesMommy
12-06-2004, 02:31 PM
I hope it goes well and try not to be scared. Instead think of all the spoiling you will get...and try not to take advantage of it, but play it for what its worth for a couple of days..lol
You will do great....hugs

anna_66
12-06-2004, 02:37 PM
Awww Amy, that really stinks:( I do hope all goes well with the surgery though. Please be sure and have Ralph let us know how it went ok?

Take care & I will be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers:)

Love Anna

Palomino21
12-06-2004, 02:40 PM
Hi, it's okay to be nervous. Try to relax. I know several people who have had their gall bladder removed and all of them felt much much better after the surgery with quick recovery as well. Take it as a nice relaxing vacation. :-)

Annie

carole
12-06-2004, 02:42 PM
I am so sorry to hear you require surgery, and I would be scared silly myself, so it is only natural for you to feel nervous, you will be in good hands, and hopefully after the recovery period is over you will feel 100 per cent better, sick gall bladders are no fun at all.

I wish you well for your surgery,and a very speedy recovery, HUGS.

slick
12-06-2004, 02:47 PM
More prayers on the way for you and your family and I'll look forward to some happy uppydates after it's all over.

{{{HUGS}}}

lynnestankard
12-06-2004, 02:52 PM
{{{{Hugs}}}} Amy - I know you'll feel so much better once the rotten gall-bladder is removed.
Honestly I've not looked back since I had my done last year - to go from feeling so ill - to well in a matter of hours - it's beautiful!

Of course you're going to be feeling very nervous - and all the nurses will tell you not to worry. Try and keep as calm as you can. Leyt's face it - you sleep through all the interesting part!

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers - Good Luck sweetheart xxx

Lynne

tatsxxx11
12-06-2004, 02:57 PM
Awww Amy! I hope the time flys till tomorrow night when iyou can finally say it's all over! Blessedly, removing a gall bladder is not the big deal it used to be...major incision, lots of tubes and at least a week in the hospital:eek: And I don't blame you at all for being nervous. Lean on the nurses and tell them if you're afraid. A good nurse will go a long way in helping allay your fears:) Wish I could be there to hold your hand:) Keeping you, Ralph and the furkids in my thoughts and prayers friend. Can't wait to hear you're "resting comfortably!":) {{{HUGS}}}} Sandra

RICHARD
12-06-2004, 03:02 PM
I don't blame you for being scared!

Hospital food really sucks.......;)

Cataholic
12-06-2004, 03:15 PM
Oh, Amy, good thoughts on the way up I-71!

lizbud
12-06-2004, 03:16 PM
I'll be keeping you in my thoughts tomorrow Amy. I hope all
goes smoothly & you get to come home & recoup ASAP.:) Hang
in there and feel better soon. {{{Hugs}}} Liz.

Kfamr
12-06-2004, 03:32 PM
We'll be thinking of you all, especially you, Amy!

Cinder & Smoke
12-06-2004, 03:52 PM
Hi God ~

Need a lil Help down here fur wunna our Findlay Buddiez - Miz Amy!

She'z goin in fur sum Sir Jury atta White Coat Lab tumorrow -
an she'z a bit NERBUS :( about it!

We'd 'preciate it iffin You kuld drop by her Howze inna mornin...
She mite need sum *inkouragement* ta eben GO to da Hoppsbittle.

You'll prolly need ta due sum FIRM HandPaw Holdin an mebbee give
a lil *shove* now an then.

An kan You STAY wiff her durrin da pro-seedure?
Please guide da Sir Jury Guy'z hanz...

An mebee gib Mistur Ralph an Momma 4/5/6DogMom a big {{{HUGG}}} too ~
They're gonna be nerbus an wurried.

All us Pet Tawlkerz - 4-Pawed an 2-Legged - are gonna be sendin
Purrayers an Well-Wishez fur Amy -
be reddie fur a LOTTA BedTyme Purrayerz tonite an tumorrow mornin!

Tell her we all *LUV* her an will be thinkin of her!!

THANKS, God!!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

jazzcat
12-06-2004, 03:55 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way.

cookieluver7
12-06-2004, 04:02 PM
I hope every thing goes well. {{{HUGS}}}

Killearn Kitties
12-06-2004, 04:11 PM
All the very best of luck tomorrow! I am sure it will all go well for you.

The girls send healing purrs and headbumpies. :D

Cincy'sMom
12-06-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Oh, Amy, good thoughts on the way up I-71!

Oh no Joh!! 71 is the wrong direction!! They need to come up 75 ;)

Thank you all so much. Even though it is a "minor" surgery, it helps me to know lots of people will be thinking about me.

guineapiglover4life
12-06-2004, 04:37 PM
You, Ralph, your mom, and your dogs will definitly be in my thoughts and prayers. I have never had surgery either, I can totally understand how nervous you must be!

Take care,

Lexie :)

ChrisH
12-06-2004, 05:36 PM
Oh, Amy, good thoughts and prayers on the way for you and your family.

{{hugs}}

Logan
12-06-2004, 06:20 PM
Good luck tomorrow, Amy. What wonderful nurses you'll have, with the pups and Diana and Ralph!!! :) :) Try not to worry too much. We'll be thinking of you and remembering you in our prayers.

Logan

NoahsMommy
12-06-2004, 06:38 PM
I'll be praying and thinking positive thoughts for you too. :)

I agree with the others, make it known you are frightened. I think that ensures you'll get lots of extra attention to try and help that.

Take care, relax and come visit when you feel better.

KYS
12-06-2004, 08:18 PM
Sending many good thoughts your way and
plenty of get well (((HUGS)))

Karen
12-06-2004, 08:24 PM
You'll be in our prayers for sure! Tell Ralph to sneak you in real food when you're up to eating again, get yourself some goofy slippers for recovery time, and know you'll have plenty of furry angels watching over you from the Rainbow Bridge.

Why does one have a gall bladder removed? Just curious, if it's not too personal.

Cincy'sMom
12-06-2004, 09:44 PM
I have to have it removed because I have gall stones. About a month ago, I had an "attack" where I had bad pain in my right shoulder. Aft er a few hours my back and stomach muscles hurt so bad I couldn't catch my breath. I had Ralph take me to the ER about 1 am, and after diagnosing the problem they gave me pain killers by IV until the next am, when they used an unltrasound to confirm the gall stones.

Bascially what happena in an attack is that as the gallbladder tries to release bile to the stomach to aid inthe digetion of fatty food, the stones get "stuck" the gall bladder continues to contract to try and remove the blockage.

The stones an be caused by a number of things, but the old rule was fat, fair and 40, or having kids. Well, I may be overweight, but not so much so that it shouldbe a cuase, I'm not 40 and I'm not fiar (as in blond), and I don't have kids. Mine is probally more of a hereditray condition, as my mom had her galled bladder removed at 26, my grandma had hers out, as did my uncle.

I have a friend that had ger gall bladder removed at 23, but hers was not stones, it just wasn't working.

The gall bladder itself is really a small storage sack for bile, so not having one, the bile will go directly from the liver, to the stomach. It really shouldn't affect my diet what I eat or anything, I just won't have the storage bin.

I hope I have screwed up the explaination too bad...if I did maybe Sandra or another nurse can help straighten me out!

shais_mom
12-06-2004, 11:05 PM
Special thoughts and hugs on the way to you!

rg_girlca
12-06-2004, 11:42 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way from Canada.

RobiLee
12-07-2004, 04:37 AM
I'm thinking about you this morning, Amy. Positive thoughts are headed your way. Try not to be too nervous. Take some deep breaths and calm yourself. Everything is going to be fine! I know it is. While you are off work let the family spoil you a little bit, oh heck, make sure they spoil you alot!!!!

Prayers and positive thoughts for you and the family!

Make sure someone checks in to let us know how you are.

Hugs....Robin

Lillycat
12-07-2004, 07:16 AM
prayers from cincinnati on their way north!

ramanth
12-07-2004, 09:16 AM
Healing vibes and prayers sent!! *HUGS*

4 Dog Mother
12-07-2004, 11:46 AM
Amy is out of surgery and back in her room. She seems to be feeling okay! She has to eat something and keep it down before they will send her home. So you can easily guess she is asking for food (that and she hasnn't eaten since 7:00 last night). She even has gotten out of bed and gone to the bathroom. Boy, this surgery is different when Ihad it 26 years ago!!!! I have been chronicling her stay with pictures - although - and imagine this- they wouldn't let me in the operating room!

We are eating lunch now and will be going back up to see her in a few minutes. I would imagine that she will be going home later this afternoon. Will update later.

Cinder & Smoke
12-07-2004, 12:01 PM
:)
:D

Up & Walkin = GREAT!!!!! ;)

So... slip into your Street Dudz and check the front door -
not locked an you're On the Way HOME!

We're all VERY GLAD everything went well!!

BEST WISHES for a *speedie* recovery!!

{{{HUGS}}} :)

/s/ Phred & the FurKids

Albea
12-07-2004, 12:02 PM
Amy, sorry I'm late in sending you positive thoughts before the surgery, but I'm very happy to read that it's all over and you are going home soon.
I had my gall bladder removed a couple of years ago and can tell you that you are going to recover faster than you expect, especially with such good nurses taking care of you.
Good thoughts going your way.:)

Barbara
12-07-2004, 12:47 PM
I am also late- but I add what I can in positive thoughts. I am such a sissy with the doctors- I'd be scared to death!

However my dad had his gall bladder removed when he was like 79 and he recovered very very well. I hope it will be the same for you.

RICHARD
12-07-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by 4 Dog Mother
She has to eat something and keep it down before they will send her home. So you can easily guess she is asking for food (that and she hasnn't eaten since 7:00 last night). She even has gotten out of bed and gone to the bathroom. Boy, this surgery is different when Ihad it 26 years ago!!!!

Great!

Tell her to stay away from the Jello!;)

She probably had a Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy.

Instead of making a huge incision they put a tube-like scope
thru one small incision and a grasper/cutter thru another...snip, snip and you are done.

It's not the operation that it used to be.....up to one week in the hospital for recovery of just the incision...which used to be 4-5 inches long....:eek:

I have had a few gall bladder attacks and it makes you the most miserable, sorry SOB on the planet......The pain will make you find and make up religion!!!!:rolleyes:

Getting the nerve up for the procedure is harder than the procedure itself.....
:D

Get well!

lynnestankard
12-07-2004, 03:49 PM
Richard said:- She probably had a Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy.

Yes I reckon so Richard - I should have had that but when they 'got in' came up against a 'blockage' (adhesions from another op.,) so they did the 'cut and thrust' !!!

I'm so pleased Amy feels so good - and up and walking!! WOW!!!

Richard - if your getting gall-bladder pain shouldn't you be getting it checked out? Please don't let things carry on.

Lynne

Cincy'sMom
12-07-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
[B]Great!

Tell her to stay away from the Jello!;)

She probably had a Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy.

[B]

Too late, I already ate the Jello!!!

And yep, that is what I had done.

I am home now andvery glad tobe. Thank you for the prayers and postive thoughts. The tricky part will be keeping myself fromdoing to much, and keeping the dog from loving too much!

Other then the 1 1/2 I was out for the surgery, i haven't spet anymore today,so i am a bit tired. I am going to go rest.

Thanks again!

4 Dog Mother
12-07-2004, 06:33 PM
Amy is now home and feeling pretty good. Sorry Richard, your suggestion of staying away from jello came too late. They insisted she eat it first before trying anything more solid. After she kept it down they brought her a tray but she wasn't very fond of the taste of hospital food - imagine that! We left about 4:30 to go to supper with my sister and her husband. They released Amy about 6:30 or so. We came on home since our doggies had been shut up for such a long period of time.

She said the doggies are happy to see her and Ralph is making sure they don't jump on her. Ralph is playing nurse tomorrow and then I take over Thursday and Friday.

Richard, I think you need to have that gall bladder taken care of - I had problems for two years (100 years ago) before they decided to take mine out. I can still remember how miserable I was and how nice it was afterwards not to have that pain anymore!!! Stiff upper lip, boy, get moving to that doctor!

RICHARD
12-07-2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by 4 Dog Mother
After she kept it down they brought her a tray but she wasn't very fond of the taste of hospital food - imagine that!

Richard, I think you need to have that gall bladder taken care of - I had problems for two years (100 years ago) before they decided to take mine out. I can still remember how miserable I was and how nice it was afterwards not to have that pain anymore!!! Stiff upper lip, boy, get moving to that doctor!

Told ya....

Hospital food is the PITS!!!

I did have the old GB checked out.....

I am fine.....it's my brain that I need to get taken out!!!

:rolleyes:

lizbud
12-07-2004, 06:43 PM
Amy,

So glad to hear that things went well & you're home to rest
now. Take care & do get lots of rest. Sounds like you have a
great "nursing staff" lined up. LOL. Hope all continues to go well. :)

4 Dog Mother
12-07-2004, 07:19 PM
I did have the old GB checked out.....

That's what they told me when I first started having problems - two years later and lots of pain later they decided I did have stones and it did need to be removed. How long ago was yours last checked? I think those stones hide or something - so they can give certain, deserving people more trouble than others that have theirs found after only one major attack. LOL

Fett
12-07-2004, 07:55 PM
A girl in my office at work had her gall bladder removed in October. She had the attacks for a while and such. During that time, I also found out a few other ladies at my work had also had their gallbladders removed over the years as well so I guess it's a pretty common thing.

I'm glad to hear her surgery went well and hope she's feeling better soon! :)

Karen
12-07-2004, 11:43 PM
Glad you are home, tell the doggies momma's fragile right now, and GENTLE snuggling is okay, but no rambunctiousness! Hope you feel better every day!