PDA

View Full Version : a HUGE thank you!

catcrazylady
12-06-2004, 02:25 PM
I can't thank everyone enough for all the kind words and thoughts concerning the loss of my grandmother. The love and kindness means more to me than I can say. Thank you isn't enough but it's all I can give along with big cyber {{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you all.
My grandma was blessed to live 96 years. Until her stroke a few months ago she could run circles around us all! My mother had to get in cahoots with her insurance company to stop her driving at 95! She was very angry because she couldn't deliver cookies to her 70 and 80 year old friends in the nursing home. She was a legend and will be greatly missed by many. She started life in the horse and buggy days so you can only imagine all the changes she saw in her life. She excepted each one with grace and she was the true epitomy of a lady.
I hope you don't mind me sharing a picture of her. This was early this year and she was sporting her lace up baseball shirt, studded low rise jeans, and her famous fuschia lipstick! She was 96 in this picture and grandaughters and great grandaughters were jealous of that figure!!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid149/p039de56f2e29593a7791b1a18cdbbc52/f5ff5d52.jpg

This is Halloween of 2003 when she was 95. We have tons of kids trick or treating and she wanted to come help give out candy. She found herself a costume and showed up as a big yellow M & M!! Good Grief! I couldn't believe it!
This is me with my M & M grandma!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid149/p57ee42e7cc19804703ebf81a2d478e95/f5ff5d56.jpg

She had a beautiful service today at the church she has been a member of for over 50 years.

We brought home flowers today and the furbies were so excited!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid149/pac45b3edf76d67e1cd0c7d82148c8c99/f5ff6dfb.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid149/pc3c1d52e2ecc114076491739983e435c/f5ff6df4.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid149/pb3f2ddd5f7a9b4bc0a3ffeebd021983b/f5ff6de4.jpg

And for all the Magoo fans....
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid149/p6b0f23383fe51d941c7516e7670d0009/f5ff6dee.jpg

Thank you all for letting me share a small part of my dear grandma with you. I know that this really shouldn't be posted here but this where I am all of the time. I wanted to share her with my friends.

I am sorry for all the posts I've missed but it has been pretty busy. I hope to get caught up in the next few days. Thanks again everybody!

GraciesMommy
12-06-2004, 02:28 PM
She looks like she was full of grace! And a very beautiful lady too! What a lucky granddaughter you are! I know you will miss her very much. I can see the spunk in her...wow what a figure too!
And such gorgeous flowers!

~big hugs to you....and your family...I am glad you shared her with us!

catlover4ever
12-06-2004, 02:52 PM
Lisa your grandmother looked like a "hot ticket" and I mean that in a really good way. She had many blessed years. May she rest in peace and always be looking over you. Thanks for sharing a wonderful part of your life with us.

Craftlady
12-06-2004, 02:52 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid149/p6b0f23383fe51d941c7516e7670d0009/f5ff6dee.jpg

This needs to be on a calender and submitted to photo contest. Just melts your heart :)

caseysmom
12-06-2004, 03:05 PM
Your grandmother was gorgeous...I would love to look half that good at 95!

mina'smomma
12-06-2004, 03:19 PM
Your grandma was a beautiful woman. She looked like she was full of spirit and goodness. May her soul rest in peace now as she watches over all her loved ones.

jazzcat
12-06-2004, 03:47 PM
What a beautiful lady and you can see the spirit in her in those pictures. I'm sure she will be very missed.

Lisa, you are lucky to have such a special lady in your life, and in your genes.:)

Vio&Juni
12-06-2004, 03:52 PM
Your Grandma sounds just like my Grandma - a true inspiration :)

catfamily
12-06-2004, 04:44 PM
She was beautiful.And I am so sorry for your loss. I haven't been posting much lately.I just found out now about your grandmom.I really feel your pain.So sorry.
:(

K & L
12-06-2004, 06:19 PM
I can only hope I can be that beautiful and vibrant at 95! Sounds like she lived a full and wonderful life She looks in her 60's. Her zest for life must've kept so young!

catnapper
12-06-2004, 06:42 PM
She sounded like a fabulous woman! You can see the feistiness in her in that M&M photo! you are very lucky indeed to have her!

PS: You look like her!

NoahsMommy
12-06-2004, 06:45 PM
I'm so sorry she passed on. :(

She sure looks like she's had an amazing life. I still can't get over how great she looks in those pictures.

catlady1945
12-06-2004, 07:23 PM
What an inspiration your grandma is! I can't believe that picture is of a 96 year old.

Karen
12-06-2004, 07:29 PM
Your grandma was a class act. I am always jealous of people who still have grandparents when they are adults themselves, my last grandparent died when I was 13 - people in my family tend to marry later than most I guess, as grandpa was 85 when I was 13. Plenty of other elders around, so I wasn't "deprived" in the least ...

Your grandma set the standard for your family - what a legacy to try to live up to, huh? Keep a tube of that fuschia lipstick for days when you need it!

iloverat
12-06-2004, 07:34 PM
Lisa,

I think it's so wonderful that your grandmother had such a vibrant, active life, almost up until her death. She was truly, truly blessed.

I am glad you posted the pictures of your grandma here in Cat General. I never go anywhere else, either and would have missed seeing them and reading some of the details of her life, which I enjoyed and found quite touching. So, thanks for that as well as the kitty/floral pictures.

Wishing the best for you and your family,
Bobbi

QueenScoopalot
12-06-2004, 07:44 PM
Lisa, Your grandmother looked like a truely delightful woman! Bless her heart for knowing how to have fun all the way to the end. ;) The pictures are wonderful, and I'm glad you shared them with us. And precious Magoo sniffing the flowers...I agree should be on a calendar. :)

kimlovescats
12-06-2004, 08:42 PM
Wow, Lisa ... what a beautiful woman she still was even at 96 years of age!!! Thank you for sharing her wonderful spirit and vigor for life with us! I know you will miss her, but she will certainly never be forgotten!

(HUGS)
Kim

rg_girlca
12-06-2004, 11:20 PM
Thank you for sharing your lovely grandmother with us.
She was one classy looking woman and she must have been so much fun to be around.
I know you and your family are going to miss her dearly, but she will always be in your hearts.

I loved the pictures of the kitties around the flowers and that picture of Magoo, so Angelic like, smelling them, brought tears to my eyes.

(((((HUGS)))))

wolflady
12-06-2004, 11:29 PM
Wow! What an amazing lady your grandmother was! It's a real gift to have your grandparents live so long and I really am in awe of elders like that. I only hope to be half as coherant when I'm 70, let alone 96!! What an amazing life and thank you for sharing her with us. Please accept my condolances in this loss and prayers of support for your family.
***hugs***
Karen

Tonya
12-07-2004, 01:01 AM
I am very sorry that I missed the prior thread. I am sorry about your loss. You grandmother was a beautiful woman. She seems like someone that would be so interesting.

This picture is great:

catmandu
12-07-2004, 08:50 AM
I am sure,that your Dear Grandmother,is enjoying,the fact,that your Cats,are enjoying,her Flowers,and she,is so missed,by You All.

Barbara
12-07-2004, 10:12 AM
I also missed the thread of her passing- I am very sorry for you. I'm so impressed by her radiant personality.

It is so cute to see the kitties with the flowers- as if they wanted to say goodbye.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-07-2004, 11:13 AM
Lisa, she looked like a wonderful, fun loving lady and I'm sure the world has a huge hole in it now that she has gone. :( Thanks for sharing her pics and your memories. I can tell that she will be sorely missed. :(

catcrazylady
12-07-2004, 11:43 AM
Thanks again to you all for allowing to share a small amount of my amazing grandma.:)
You people are so wonderful!!!:D :D :D I'm blessed to have so many wonderful cyber friends.

persianmom
12-07-2004, 09:08 PM
Lisa

Your Grandmother looked like a wonderful person. I'm so sorry to hear of her passing. My prayers are with you and your family.

Love Carol

Logan
12-07-2004, 10:36 PM
What a wonderful post, Lisa!!!! Your grandmother was a lovely, very young looking, lady!!! :) I'm so glad you have such wonderful memories of her. And the pictures of the cats with the flowers.........just precious, especially Magoo. How special. I had to warm your heart. It certainly did warm my heart.

Logan

Laura's Babies
12-08-2004, 04:21 PM
I am a bit late with any words for you but I know you will miss her as she sounds like she was a real jewel of a personality. ... Yea, I would take that body too, even with the M&M clothes. WOW! She sure had a lot of years here with you and I know you will always cherish the memories of her.

I lost my grandmother to many years ago to count but I STILL cherish the memories I have and I still practice the things that she instilled in me. You will have many a great time, remembering and discussing her with those who also knew her. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us, she sure was cute!

(HI MAGOO!!!!)

rosethecopycat
12-08-2004, 08:21 PM
I, like Karen, never knew my grandparents. The last died when I was 2. The first, twenty years before I was born.

I am sad that you are separated from her, but glad she had a long happy life.

Remembering her won't be hard, you will see her in your family. She lives through you now.

May circle of cats that surrounds her flowers, encircle you at this time.

Rose