PDA

View Full Version : Candy Wreaths

catnapper
12-06-2004, 10:42 AM
I had a few people ask how I make my candy wreaths...
Heres' a finished one:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/candy-wreath.jpg

The video is me sounding like a major geek, showing you all how I do it. The quality isn't that good because it was long and I had to save it down to a manageable file size. Sorry about that, but I hope you can still see and understand how to make one! They are fun to make and just as much fun to eat. Everyone LOVEs to receive one. I hope someone makes one!

PS: The video doesn't say to continue what I showed you until you complete the wreath. Wrap a bow around the bottom and a string to hang it from on the top. Any confused people, please PM me! :)

Barbara
12-06-2004, 10:46 AM
I am admiring your wreaths but you will know what I like best about the tutorials: Abby and Harry helping:D ;)

Randi
12-06-2004, 11:05 AM
Wow, it looks fantastic - what a great idea! :) And you have kitties to help you. ;) I bet all the children in your family want one! A shrimp wreath would go down well here! :D

I used to make flower wreaths many years ago, it's fun but takes time.

petslover
12-06-2004, 01:17 PM
oh wow that is very nice. you did a great job.

GraciesMommy
12-06-2004, 01:24 PM
That is so neat and clever! You did a good job on the tut too!

RubyMutt
12-06-2004, 02:07 PM
Wow, thank you for taking the time to post all that! :D What a great idea! I've been trying to think of a fun, unique, homemade gift to make for some relatives, this seems perfect! :D

Jods
12-06-2004, 02:19 PM
Cool!! Where do you get the metal rings and what are they called again??

puppyloves
12-06-2004, 02:24 PM
that looks really nice!

catnapper
12-06-2004, 02:32 PM
The brass rings are Macrame rings. I got them at Walmart for less than $1 a piece. You can get them at any craft store with a yarn section. When Macrame was out-of-style, I couldn't get those brass rings, and I MADE my own rings! Thank goodness yarn and such is back in fashion. :D

Thanks everyone for the nice comments... I do expect to see pictures of your finished wreaths! :D

Whats fun is when you can do a color-theme. My daughter made one for her boyfriend all out of cherry, apple, and blue raspberry candies. It was sooo pretty all red, green, and blue with a blue snowflake bow.

joanofark
12-06-2004, 04:29 PM
That is so cool! I saw the kittys we helping too...;)

guineapiglover4life
12-06-2004, 04:33 PM
My dad hasn't downloaded real player yet, so I can't view the video unfortunatly. :( Although, those candy wreaths sure do look yummy! :D

Lexie

lizbud
12-06-2004, 04:51 PM
Very nice Video and the wreaths are pretty. I think you did
a good job of explaining the how-to of it.

Now, if I try that here, it would be "tie candy, then remove kitty paw from yarn" LOL.:D I like your two helpers too.:D