PDA

View Full Version : Gift suggestions!

cookieluver7
12-05-2004, 07:40 PM
I baby-sit for two families often so I thought, why not get the kids a gift? My only problem is that I have no ideas. Here are the ages:

One family
7-year-old girl
5-year-old boy

Another family
5-year-old boy
4-year-old girls (twins)

One of the boys are in to pokemon cards. Any one know if they still make those?

cookieluver7
12-05-2004, 07:42 PM
Oh, by the way, I don't want these gifts to be very exspensive. So do you know any thing good around 5-10 dollars?

cookieluver7
12-05-2004, 08:06 PM
Anybody????

Karen
12-05-2004, 08:08 PM
A new box of crayons and a thick pad of paper ... Write each child's name on the cover of his or her sketchpad.

Some Hotwheels cars (good for either gender)

A 6-pack of Playdough - as long as the parents are okay with that

Girls - hair stuff - a bunch of different colored pieces of ribbon, or if you want to spend time, get some ribbon and tie a bow onto each ponytail holder or barrette ...

Books they might enjoy are always a good, long-lasting gift, one you can read to them at bed-time next time you sit for them ...

Get some inexpensive t-shirts that are a bit big for them, and some fabric markers, customize for each kid.

KYS
12-05-2004, 08:12 PM
For the eldest girl you can get her a journal
or a scrap book.

For the youngest, children a stuffie would go over well.

For the boy, you could try a card shop too.

Anything personalized would be great too.
You can personalized almost anything yourself.

cookieluver7
12-05-2004, 08:17 PM
Thanks a lot! I will definatly remember those!:D

Nomilynn
12-05-2004, 11:48 PM
usually dollar stores have cute little toys that the kids might like, like colouring books, note pads, journals.. they also usually have little hair ties and bows. If there is one near you, go check it out :) Sometimes you can find really neat things and they are really cheap.