PDA

View Full Version : How Evil Can This Be???? Grrrrr!!!

QueenScoopalot
12-05-2004, 01:22 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: My neighbor would call this trio "devil spawn" and I'd have to agree. :mad: :mad: :mad:

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20041130/NEWS03/411300315

Dachshund still missing
November 30, 2004
Dachshund was second dog burned

Boy, 17, accused in burning of dog

Two more arrests possible in dog burning incident

By Francis McCabe

[email protected]

Three teenage girls have been arrested and charged with cruelty to an animal after reportedly setting a 4-year-old dachshund dog, named Coco, on fire at least two times, authorities said.

About 2:30 a.m. Saturday morning, the girls had taken Coco to Cycle Plant Road Cutoff, northeast of Benton, poured lighter fluid on her and used a cigarette lighter to ignite the animal, Bossier Parish sheriff's spokesman Ed Baswell said. When the first lighter would not spark, one of the teenagers went to get another lighter, which did work, Baswell said.

The dog ran away in flames, which quickly went out, Baswell said. The teenagers caught the dog and set the dog on fire for a second time, he said. The dachshund ran a bit further that time, engulfed in flames, he said. The fire did go out, and the dog was still alive, Baswell said.

The dog went into the woods where the teenagers left it, he said.

Deputies were called by the parent of a youth who had heard the teenagers discussing the incident, Baswell said. When deputies confronted the girls they confessed, he said.

Cycle Plant Road Cutoff is a known dumping ground for animal carcasses left by hunters. The road itself is unpaved and bones of deceased animals lay in the middle of the road.

At sundown Monday, Dan Wolff, Coco's owner, searched for his dog. He had been searching for hours. Wolff said he hoped he would find Coco, before the coyotes, who roam the area for the carcasses.

"I'm hoping she's alive," Wolff said. "She's an indoor dog, but she's savvy. I'll keep looking until I find her."

Whether Coco is dead or alive, he wants to find her to gain closure. Coco is red, about 6-inches tall and about a foot long, Wolff said.

Wolff said his family has had Coco for two years and that she was "a friendly dog, who loved kids."

Wolff said he left Coco outside Friday night, and she never came back. Wolff said he had presumed Coco had gone to their neighbors house as she often did.

"I kind of feel at fault," he said. "If I hadn't let her outside, that one night."

Wolff said he is still confused why this happened. "I have spoken to the parents of (those) involved, and we don't understand why somebody would do this," Wolf said.

Ashley Cochran, 18, of the 100 block of Voss Road in Benton has been arrested and charged with one count of cruelty to an animal and three counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Cochran was booked into the Bossier Parish Jail and bond has been set at $8,000.

Two other girls, a 13- and 14-year-old, have been charged with cruelty to an animal. Their names have not been released because they are minors.

The Bossier district attorney will determine whether the teenagers will be charged with simple or aggravated cruelty to an animal, Baswell said.

Simple cruelty to an animal is a misdemeanor and carries a maximum $1,000 fine and not more than six months in jail. Aggravated cruelty to an animal is a felony and carries a fine not less than $5,000 and not more than $25,000 and not less than one year in jail and a 10-year maximum sentence.

"This is very unusual," Baswell said. "I don't know if I can remember ever working anything like this before."

CathyBogart
12-05-2004, 01:27 PM
Speechless.... Poor Coco...

GoldenRetrLuver
12-05-2004, 01:28 PM
Give 'em the Aggravated cruelty. :mad:
That's just disgusting. WHY anyone would do that to a poor innocent animal is FAR beyond me. Horrible..

I hope Coco is still alive. Poor baby. :(:(

QueenScoopalot
12-05-2004, 01:37 PM
Apparently this gang of demons were planning on becoming Louisiana's next female serial killers by the sounds of things. Animal abuse as we know by now, often leads to more heinous crimes...Several more links from the article state that it happened to a miniature schnauzer as well. :mad: :mad: :mad: I'd love to know the outcome of this, but often we never hear how trials end up.
http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20041203/NEWS01/412030336

flamepony12
12-05-2004, 01:42 PM
ugh!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad: I cant believe it! poor dogs! :(

CalliesMom
12-05-2004, 04:32 PM
Those girls make me sick. I couldn't imagine doing that to anyone, let alone a helpless dog. :mad: :(

The only comfort I have is that I believe in karma and this one is going to be a b****.

Tollers-n-Dobes
12-05-2004, 05:58 PM
OMG! That's horrible:mad: Poor dogs:(

GraciesMommy
12-05-2004, 06:03 PM
This is just sickening..what is wrong with these people??

mina'smomma
12-06-2004, 08:52 AM
Give those WITCHES the MAX. :mad: :mad: Especially the 18 yro. Poor Coco. I hope the owner finds her soon and quits blaming himself. He couldn't have known what those horrible, horrible girls would do. The poor dear is probably hiding and afraid to come out.

I just really dislike people who are cruel to animals.:mad: :mad: