PDA

View Full Version : Phoebe has a green leg!! (whitecoats to blame!)

NoahsMommy
12-04-2004, 10:25 PM
Of course Phoebe chooses the weekend her vet is in Hawaii having fun to hurt herself!! :(

I had to take her in this morning because she did something to hurt her paw Thursday. Her last two toes on her front, right leg were bleeding, but I thought it'd dry and get better. I guess I neglected to remember Fee Fee is a licker. :( It got infected, inflammed and really icky. She wouldn't even put pressure on it. Poor thing!

They gave her some antibiotics, an anti-inflammatory injection, cleaned up her wound and bandaged her whole leg! :eek: She is NOT a happy camper! She's been sleeping since I brought her home around 12:30 this afternoon. When she walks on it, she takes a step, picks up her leg, shakes it, licks the green vet wrap, takes another step and so on. I think she's realized its much easier to just lay there.

I'll post pictures tomorrow, she looks so pathetic! :(

EDIT: Pictures...

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4cc24b3127cce9dd30c1423ec00000016109BYt2Llq2I
Mid lick:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4cc24b3127cce9dd30d15e24500000016109BYt2Llq2I
May as well sleep...
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4cc24b3127cce9dd30d2be27b00000016109BYt2Llq2I
Ack....I....can't....walk....
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4cc24b3127cce9dd30c3823c000000016109BYt2Llq2I

shais_mom
12-04-2004, 10:27 PM
poor Fee Fee!!!

AmberLee
12-05-2004, 01:10 AM
Poor baby. (Well, there for a minute I thought it was green due to gangrene, so not as bad as I feared, at least!)

NoahsMommy
12-05-2004, 02:05 AM
She's so pathetic! She can't get up or down from anything high up. She sat and stared at the cat tree until I put her up on it, then tried a million times to get down before I realized she wanted down.

Poor itty bitty thing!

sirrahbed
12-05-2004, 09:04 AM
awww! Come on Phoebe, get better soon! XXOOXXOOXX

I also saw the title of the post and though gangrene:o

RedHedd
12-05-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
I also saw the title of the post and though gangrene:o Me too! Had me really scared until I read through. Poor Fee-Fee (cute nickname!) You must make-nice to us with pictures! :p

jazzcat
12-05-2004, 10:29 AM
Poor Phoebe. I hope you feel better soon. Positive thoughts and hugs being sent your way.

CalliesMom
12-05-2004, 10:35 AM
Aw, Phoebe. I'm so sorry your little pawsies hurts but you'll feel better soon!

catnapper
12-05-2004, 10:39 AM
Oh Pheobe!I'm sorry to hear you hurt yourself... even sorrier to hear you have a big green cast! Pouncer rmeembers how it fet to have one of those things, and he sends his heartfelt sympathies! :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-05-2004, 10:40 AM
Oh poor Phoebe, you're lucky that the vet took a X-massie- colour ;) :D

QueenScoopalot
12-05-2004, 10:50 AM
Poor Phoebe! I too thought gangrene when I saw the title of this thread...thank God it's not! :eek: Kitty paw injuries are such a pill to deal with. My dear goofy Abagail was born feral, and somehow had crushed her tiny kitten foot while still outside. It took multiple White Coat visits, and different treatments before the bleeding finally stopped and it scabbed over. In the end, she was left with a third of her front paw, and several claws had to be removed when she was spayed. I got quite a scare when she was limping a few months ago, but she was OK after several days. She's middle aged now, and just the goofiest girl. Abagail sends noserubs to Phoebe, and hopes she heals up fast. She also wants to autograph Phoebe's bandage. :D

catmandu
12-05-2004, 12:27 PM
We were alittle scared,too,and are glad,that it is not,as bad,as it sounds.And we hope,that Phoebe,can get that cast off soon,and is walking normally,in no time!!

Freckles
12-05-2004, 12:44 PM
Fortunately, my first thought was a bandage!:)
They are so colorful now. My nurse even wraps a blood test area with the red tape.

NoahsMommy
12-05-2004, 01:01 PM
Just added pictures. :) Now I'm off to pill her...oh joy!

NoahsMommy
12-05-2004, 01:56 PM
I'm getting a little worried about Pee Pee. She seems very quiet since we've been back from the vet about 24 hours ago. Think she's just being a bit dramatic?

catfamily
12-05-2004, 02:19 PM
I'm so glad you got her to the vet right away.Don't worry,she should be fine.:)

rg_girlca
12-05-2004, 06:54 PM
Poor sweet Phoebe. I hope and pray that your little paw heals real soon so you don't have to wear that bandage any longer than you have too.

I don't know if she is being dramatic or not, but I think the more rest she has, the better her paw will heal.
Maybe she is feeling a little down from having the bandage on or might be in a bit of pain. It's only a guess on my part.
I hope she feels better tomorrow.

(((((HUGS))))) to you meowmie and scritchies to Phoebe.

kuhio98
12-05-2004, 07:12 PM
Oh Fee Fee -- I'm so sorry you have an owie. I do like your green wrapping, though. When I got hurt, I got a blue one and then the white coat guy wrapped it with duct tape! :eek: It didn't last long because I chewed it all off in a matter of days. Luckily, I was healed before then. Sure, the vet wanted me to keep it on for another week or so, but what does he know?

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid116/p6a23cff3bc9c9f73949d0447e1d38c8d/f8aee3f7.jpg

Fee Fee, Don't forget to look extra pitiful around snack time. I really hauled in the extra treats when I had my cast! :D

Your friend,
Pepper

doolittleky
12-05-2004, 07:14 PM
AWWW poor baby! I will be sending Phoebe healing prayers and I hope she doesn't make you feel too bad when she is acting her pitiful self. Love the pics!
Doo=^..^=

iloverat
12-05-2004, 11:28 PM
Poor little Phebes. :( I'm so sorry she got hurt. Don't you think she's probably just a bit subdued from the injury, the meds, hurting and all? Come on , Fee Fee. Heal quickly so you can get that Incredible Hulk colored cast off your petite little leg. Bestest wishes coming your way!!

Bobbi

mina'smomma
12-06-2004, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by sirrahbed

I also saw the title of the post and though gangrene:o

Me three! Good thing it is just a wrap. I hope you get better soon Phoebe

rosethecopycat
12-06-2004, 08:40 AM
I knew it was the Vet Wrap bandage. Malfi has had his leg wrapped so many times, he's had every color available.

Phoebe,

Don't worry so much about your 'peg leg' it will help it get better.
So, please don't be sad and scare your mama.

NoahsMommy
12-06-2004, 10:30 AM
Phoebe's doing much better. I tell you, that little girl has me wrapped around her paws! She sat up on the cat tree (she CAN get up) and when she wanted down, did her special meow for me. Yea, here comes mommy! I put her gently on the ground. Later, she did the same thing on the table, sure enough, she kept getting back on top so I'd come over and help her down.

Fun game! ;)

This morning when I went to shower, she jumped in the bathtub. Yea, I'd say she was feeling better. I have to give her credit though, so far, she's been an excellent pill taker. :)

Sweet Pepper,
I'm sorry you had a hurt leg too. You look so cute with your blue leg. I'll be sure and show Pee Pee your picture when I go home at lunch. I think she'll think you're a cutie.

:)

Cataholic
12-06-2004, 10:41 AM
Poor little Pee Pee (now, where did that name come from, Kelly?). I think you look adorable in your 'peg leg'. I know all of you will be glad when the bandage comes off and you are all better!

gini
12-06-2004, 10:45 AM
Phew! I am not happy with why her leg is green, but relieved that it is a bandage.

You poor baby - but aren't you the clever one to find a way to use your condition to get double the attention from your Mom.

I hope you won't have to wear this bandage too long. You have scared your Mom enough now!

Barbara
12-06-2004, 10:52 AM
Up to now I didn't dare to open that thread because I was so worried- but now I'm smiling: Fee Fee, even with a green pawsie you look simply adorable- and so does her friend Pepper:)

catlover4ever
12-06-2004, 10:54 AM
Oh Phoebe!!! I hope you feel better soon.

wolflady
12-06-2004, 06:54 PM
Awwww!! Poor little Pee Pee. I'm happy to hear what a good pill-taker you are and that you're feeling better! :D That green peg leg will be gone soon, dear heart!

What did she think of Pepper's blue leg? Gosh, all of these colors are pretty stylish...LOL ;)

I wonder what she did to her little tootsies to make them bleed. Poor thing! Let us know how she's doing!
**hugs**
Karen

kimlovescats
12-06-2004, 08:57 PM
Kissies on your little boo boo pawsie, Phoebe!!!;)