PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Traditions?

Buddy Blaze Lover
12-04-2004, 11:05 AM
Anyone have any unique Christmas traditions??;) We always put the artificial tree up right after Thanksgiving, and our extended family--1st cousins--always pick names to get another cousin a gift! (to name a few) Our traditions aren't too interesting...:rolleyes: What about you guys??;)

Palomino21
12-04-2004, 02:53 PM
While growing up we our tradition was, our parents had to drink coffee before anyone opens presents. My parents way of picking on us kids, we were dying to open presents. They'd drink it really slow, and tease us about drinking another cup of coffee. My sister and I would get up really early to make them coffee just to get to open presents quicker. This year will be our first Christmas together again in 4 years.

Annie

cookieluver7
12-04-2004, 08:15 PM
I do the two things you said that you do!:eek: :D What are the odds of that?! Like you, not too interesting.

CathyBogart
12-04-2004, 08:35 PM
We drive out and cut down the tree about a week before Xmas. I used to love this tradition, but I skipped it last year...something about slogging through seven inches of icy mud no longer appeals to me. :)

NoahsMommy
12-04-2004, 10:16 PM
Now that I'm married, our traditions have changed. But here are a few that I enjoy:

-Christmas shopping with my mom after work a few times in December

-Christmas shopping with friends

-Putting up my nativity scene

-Wrapping presents while watching holiday movies

-Christmas Eve service at 12 midnight (candle light service)

-Wrapping and opening the presents for the cats ;)

-Going down to San Diego on Christmas Eve to see David's family, staying until midday Christmas, then coming back home to have dinner and open presents with my parents.

-Christmas parties

-Christmas baking. David gives his co-workers lots of yummy baked goodies. Its fun deciding what to bake, how to package it and tasting it all.

-Christmas music and decorations up in our apartment the whole month

-Getting our tree at the same time we help my grandma get her's.

-Driving around to see everyone's Christmas lights

I LOVE this time of year! :D

Buddy Blaze Lover
12-05-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Palomino21
While growing up we our tradition was, our parents had to drink coffee before anyone opens presents. My parents way of picking on us kids, we were dying to open presents. They'd drink it really slow, and tease us about drinking another cup of coffee. My sister and I would get up really early to make them coffee just to get to open presents quicker. This year will be our first Christmas together again in 4 years.

Annie

haha, that is so funny!!:D

Toby's my baby
12-05-2004, 04:50 PM
We always go swap houses to have Christmas at on my dad's side of the family... Last year it was at our house, so this year it will be at my aunts house.

We also buy small presents (gummy bears, chocolate covered cherrys, little nic-nacs) and put wrape them, every body brings a few, then we put them in a pile, and draw numbers out of a hat. When it gets to your number, you pic a present and unwrap it right away, if you dont want it you can put it back and get a different one*BEFORE YOU UNWRAP IT* once you unwrap it, you have to keep it. Someone else can take yours instead of taking one from the pile, then the person they took it has to get a new one, and so on. . .

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-05-2004, 07:34 PM
On Christmas Eve, we have a family dinner with our kids. We prepare a special meal and have X-mas cake for desert. X-mas music is on all the time !
In between the main course and the desert, we open the presents, one by one.
It is a very cosy romantic evening, with lots of red candles everywhere. It is my most favorite evening of the year!!:)