PDA

View Full Version : Are Eggs Good For Dogs??

RottiMommy49
12-04-2004, 08:42 AM
Looking for lots of answers here! I have heard that raw eggs are bad, then I heard they are good for dogs. Does anyone know for sure. I forgot to ask my vet and am hoping someone has asked their vet. Thanks!! :confused:

sammy101
12-04-2004, 10:07 AM
We give kodie raw egg in his food once a week.Its supposed to be very good for theyre coat.MY other RB girls never had problems with having egg in there food.
Kodie loves it!lol:p

Becki
12-04-2004, 10:36 AM
Egg is good for their coat and skin condition. We used to give raw eggs, but now, with the salmonella information out there, we give hard boiled.

Corinna
12-04-2004, 11:05 AM
Merlin gets a scrambled one once a week. It's actually is slighty cooked a little on the runny side. When I was younger and still living at home we raised ducks so we knew and could controll salomnila the dogs got raw eggs every couple days.

lute
12-04-2004, 11:23 AM
i give Beanie a raw egg every week or so. it helps with his coat.

binka_nugget
12-04-2004, 11:56 AM
My boys get raw eggs twice a week, and while on the raw diet before, they had eggs twice a week for 6 months. Nothing happened so far.

Glacier
12-04-2004, 12:54 PM
Lots of mushers carry hard boiled eggs as dog treats. My guys occasionally get one after a run. You can feed the boiled ones with the shell. Some of my dogs peel their eggs, some of them eat the whole thing!

Tina
12-04-2004, 01:45 PM
I didn't know raw eggs helped their coats. Wow learn something new everyday.:) I may try start giving my pups some eggs.

cyber-sibes
12-04-2004, 04:54 PM
my vet recommends we give the dogs a raw egg in their food to help with their coats. I've heard that salmonella gets into it when you have broken pieces of shell mixed into the raw egg - don't know if this true or not, but I'm careful to get keep shell bits out.