PDA

View Full Version : Do You're Babies Look Guilty When They've Been Bad

RottiMommy49
12-04-2004, 07:44 AM
I'm curious as to how many of you're babies look guilty, hide, won't make eye contact, put their tails between their legs etc. when they have been bad or had an accident in the house. This could be funny if you have pics of them getting caught in the act. Being so many of us have rescued babies they can feel guilty over somethings that are'nt bad to us but they were hit or kicked for doing in their previous home. Mine think they are in trouble if they throw up in the house. This is baggage they came with.I always feel so bad for them because they still look scared to death for something that couldn't be helped .
:(

chrissycat21
12-04-2004, 07:51 AM
Snowy looks so guilty, especially if my mom catches her! Her tail goes between her legs, she gets that 'I'm sorry I love you' look on her face and she rolls over. If she rolls over and its my mom who catches her she stays like that. If its my sister, my dad, mr myself she sort of wags her tail knowing she got off easy. ;) Anyways, my moms a sucker and just goes "Bad Snowy!" in 5 minutes she is cuddling her again. lol

Christiansmommy
12-04-2004, 09:19 AM
If Dale has been naughty, and I see him being naughty, then he aims his head pointing at the ground, but looks up at me with those eyes, like, "uh, oh, I am found out"...but...."if it's the pillow in my mouth that you are upset about, you will have to catch me first! ;), reguardless if I feel guilty about it" Although, he has learned "drop it" quite well...he gets a lot of practice, from always having things he shouldn't in his mouth ;)

Oh, and if he has done something bad, and I find out about it later....he has no conscious (sp?), as if he has completely forgot about it...

pitc9
12-04-2004, 09:58 AM
If something is chewed up during the night, all I have to do is show it to both of them, and the guilty party ALWAYS reacts with turning their head away, but still looking at me with "the eyes"!
While the other just sits there like "Ha Ha!!!"

:p

KYS
12-04-2004, 10:08 AM
Sheba is usually innocent of all crimes around our house.
But she is the one who looks guilty even when she isn't the culprit.
She puts her head down and looks so worried.

Rocky on the otherhand has never looked guilty.
He thinks everything is one big game.

Buddy Blaze Lover
12-04-2004, 11:29 AM
Yup, Blaze looks guilty in every way, since he's bad a TON! (he he) :rolleyes: :p :o :D

Tonya
12-04-2004, 11:48 AM
Roxy puts her ears back and rolls over. Dusty runs backwards, keeping his butt from me. In Dusty's younger days, I had a hard time with him and the only thing that he reacted to was a pat (not even hard) on the butt. So I guess he's backing up so he doesn't get spanked. lol. Roxy is almost ALWAYS the guilty one though. Dusty has mellowed out alot.

DogLover9501
12-04-2004, 12:03 PM
Jasper puts his ears way back and looks VERY guilty if he's been naughty!!

Like this...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/Robyn052587/Dogs/Jasper/Guilty/003.jpg

:D :D

lute
12-04-2004, 12:11 PM
oh that's beanie 100%! he'll usually go hide under the futon,but since we got a new couch that he can't go under it he just tuckes his tail and scratchs to go on the porch. i guess he feels safe out there.:rolleyes:

Tollers-n-Dobes
12-04-2004, 03:19 PM
yes! Echo put's her ears kind of back and hangs them low, then she goes to her bed and looks like she's pouting. Tango just gives you a funny/cute look, I can't really explain it and Tia goes to her crate before anyone figures out what she did.

cyber-sibes
12-04-2004, 04:47 PM
Rosie, my RB doggie, automatically looked guilty (and often wasn't) she'd would get really worried, tuck her butt (she had no tail), slink, press her ears back and crawl off. Star knows when something's her fault, she hangs her head clear to the ground and looks up with her big blue soulful eyes and flattens her ears out and looks dejected. As far as I can tell, Sherman has absoutely no idea when he's done something wrong or is being reprimanded - he just dances right back over to see what the fuss is about with a big grin on his face!

RottiMommy49
12-04-2004, 05:11 PM
Sherman has absoutely no idea when he's done something wrong or is being reprimanded - he just dances right back over to see what the fuss is about with a big grin on his face!

I can picture Sherman doing that so easily. I had a visual flashback of a male Scotty dog I had years ago that never knew he did anything wrong, he would just sit there with a blank look. He destroyed a white carpet while we were at a neighbors for a visit It was before Christmas and all the gifts were under the tree wrapped beautifully. Well he opened only one gift which happened to be a candle making kit my hubby got for me.He ate my candle making kit that had different colors of dyes ( not harmfull ) wax, etc. but he threw it up all over from the hallway through the living room and dining room. The carpet was only about a month old. Why he ever picked that box to get into is still a mystery to me. Anyway we get home and he's all happy to see us and behaved as though nothing was wrong. We could not believe the mess, he had a great time for sure.:rolleyes: Moral of this story is never put anything under the tree that doesn't go with the color of the carpet.:D

ParNone
12-04-2004, 05:15 PM
Murph: He never really looked guilty, but he'd give himself a time out on the bed. Now, that he can't jump up on the bed anymore, he's as good as gold. :)

Gully: No guilty look from Gull either. He stands there waving at ya. He definitely knows how to use cuteness to his advantage. Reminds me so much of Maddie. You never really could ever get mad at her either, cuz she'd just be furiously wagging that tail, while you were lecturing her.

Oz: If Oz is doing something he shouldn't and you tell him to stop, he'll give you one bark in protest, but stops. If one of the other dogs is doing something they shouldn't or if something's wrong, like Murph's about to throw up on the bed, then he gets all frantic and comes to me with his ears down, jumping all over me and nudging me... "Come Quick Mom, there's trouble"... I've officially dubbed him "Hall Monitor". ;)

Par...

RottiMommy49
12-04-2004, 05:39 PM
Murph: He never really looked guilty, but he'd give himself a time out on the bed. Now, that he can't jump up on the bed anymore, he's as good as gold.

Too Funny!!!!:D

Oz: If Oz is doing something he shouldn't and you tell him to stop, he'll give you one bark in protest, but stops. If one of the other dogs is doing something they shouldn't or if something's wrong, like Murph's about to throw up on the bed, then he gets all frantic and comes to me with his ears down, jumping all over me and nudging me... "Come Quick Mom, there's trouble"... I've officially dubbed him "Hall Monitor".

Loved this one too. They are so cunning....I can't get upset with my babies, mind you these 2 have never done anything bad but if they did one look at the sweet faces and those big sad eyes and I would melt. I don't know how we got so lucky with 2 rescued dogs that are so good. LeeAnn, my rescue friend says she's jealous and I have the midas touch with rotti's. I just laugh at her and say no Nikita sent us 2 good earthly angels to care for.

I had my share of naughty pups over my lifetime, many, many naughty pups. :rolleyes:

cyber-sibes
12-04-2004, 08:16 PM
Why he ever picked that box to get into is still a mystery to me.
That package sure must have smelled good!!!
Eew, what a mess to come home to! :eek:

Amber
12-05-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by cyber-sibes
Sherman has absoutely no idea when he's done something wrong or is being reprimanded - he just dances right back over to see what the fuss is about with a big grin on his face!

Sounds just like Elvis! If he does anything bad he just either doesn't care or forgets about it. He just goes back to his bissinuss romping around the house. He's odd..sometimes.

Katie on the other hand knows when she is in trouble. We usually shake our finger at her, and she puts her ears back, and lowers her head with a "have pity on me" look. Then she usually goes lay down in her bed area. But that happens rarely. Katie never does anything bad. She's a good girl, unlike Elvis...who needs manners in some areas.