PDA

View Full Version : Kelly's in the Basement AGAIN

hdeneise
12-03-2004, 03:36 PM
Hubby just called me at work - he went in the basement to get clean droodies out of the laundry room and Kelly must have pried the door open while the chain lock was off because he heard her little bell run past the door.

We're going out of town for the weekend, so I guess I'll just have to leave some food and water down there for her and worry all weekend.

You all tell me just to give her time, but it just gets so frustrating -- its been three weeks and we still haven't seen the cat. All we hear is her bell, so its like living with a ghost - you know she's there but you can't prove it. Well, except for the poop, that's our only tangible evidence.

Boo Boo now demans attention morning and night and insists that he should be continuously brushed. If you put down the brush, he wallers on it himself for a scritch.

Any fresh ideas on how to get cat out of a basement?

K & L
12-03-2004, 06:13 PM
You need to set a humane trap! Don't feed her for 48 hours and then put some really smelly food (tuna or sardines) and set the trap. Once you get her you need to keep her contained in a small room like a spare bathroom so she can't have a place to run and hide. Then work with her daily by bringing her special treats of food. As long as she can hide from you, that's what she'll do!

catmandu
12-04-2004, 09:06 AM
Sooner,orlater Kelly,is going to realize what wonderful Guardians yoyu would be,and come to you.Sometimes Cats,are so badly mistreated,that they ahve a mistrust of people,and need to be convinced,atht you are good people.Even The Strays,are nervous,and I ahve been sheltering,and feeding them,for a while now.