PDA

View Full Version : It's a sad time for me and the Brats :(

catcrazylady
12-03-2004, 01:10 PM
My Grandma passed away last night.:( I just want everyone to know why I won't be posting in the next few days.
I came home late last night after she passed and I just needed a few minutes to myself. All the kitties greeted me at the door but seemed to sense that I needed some alone time. Everyone except for Rosco and Abigail! They were crazy last night. It was around midnight and they normally would be sleeping but not last night. They tore through the house like little crazy kitties until they had me laughing.
When I finally went to bed this morning the most wonderful thing happened. Sammy got between me and hubby which is normal but he purred so loud that it was amazing! He never does that. Peanut Butter (who never gets in the bed) got on the other side of me and rolled on his side purring like crazy and making air biscuits. Leroy came up and curled up on my chest and purred like a drum. Then Pete came to the foot of the bed and meowed and got between my legs and snuggled up to me. Little Rosco tripped around in between everybody but kept coming to my face and purring.
Magoo had given his sweet Magoo kisses when I got home and he curled up on the floor next to the bed. Some of the others had gathered on the cat tree which sits near the foot of our bed.
I was pinned down as tight as a drum but my babies new I needed them. Everyone continued to purr and the room was just buzzing with all the different pitches and tones of the purrs.
It was the most incredible sound I had ever heard!
I certainly got my purr therapy last night and I went to sleep with a smile on my face. They certainly are the most amazing and sensitve creatures. I was just blown away at how so many of them responded. I'm always glad that I have them but last night they were a blessing.:)

catlover4ever
12-03-2004, 01:20 PM
Lisa I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Your babies are extra special. They sure do know when their mommy needs a little extra loving and care.

mina'smomma
12-03-2004, 01:21 PM
That is because they knew meowmie needed lots of love.

NKBurlington
12-03-2004, 01:27 PM
I'm sorry for your loss.

The cats always know when they are needed and they knew you needed them.

RedHedd
12-03-2004, 01:31 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss, but it sounded like the kitties knew exactly what you needed! It has been medically proven that the vibration of a cat's purr is actually physically healing. The cats knew what they were doing. Sounds like kitty heaven to me.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-03-2004, 01:31 PM
Oh Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma. :( Hopefully the brats will continue you to give their particular form of purr therapy while you make it through the next few tough days.

{{{hugs}}} to you. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. :(

Craftlady
12-03-2004, 01:39 PM
Thoughts and Prayers are with you and your family.
Our furry kids do know when we need them the most. :)

jazzcat
12-03-2004, 01:48 PM
Lisa I'm so sorry about your grandma. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm glad to know your 'brats' know how to take care you when you need it. Get all the purr therapy that you can.

catnapper
12-03-2004, 02:12 PM
I'm truly very sorry for your loss. It looks like you have a specialized group of healers working with you in your time of sorrow. {{{{HUGS}}}} to you and your family.

smokey the elder
12-03-2004, 03:07 PM
I'm sorry about your Grandma. But the furries knew you needed them.

nibblets
12-03-2004, 03:32 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Your furbabies were doing their best to comfort you. Sounds like you have a great support with all of them.

Kirsten
12-03-2004, 03:52 PM
((((((Lisa)))))))

I'm very sorry for your loss!!! :(

Good that you have so phantastic purr therapists at home, they'll know excatly what you need.

Kirsten

Vio&Juni
12-03-2004, 04:31 PM
Sorry to hear about your Grandma!

QueenScoopalot
12-03-2004, 04:37 PM
Lisa, I'm so sorry for your loss. I want to share a miraculous story with you. Several years ago, a cat loving friend of mine was dying of cancer. She had a purebred Siamese cat that I would vaccinate for FVRCP when I could for Janet. This was one very highstrung, and aggressive cat, but I managed a time or two to give her her shot. When Janet was dying, her family and friends visited her at her apartment and talked with her, but no one could even look at the cat without nearly getting attacked. She was even aggressive with Janet at times. Janet passed away after a terribly long drawn out illness, and her sister Rena from Florida was going to be taking Janet's Siamese. I told them when the time came to get Miss Fiesty (not her name) contained, to call me. Within a few minutes of Janet's passing, the cat suddenly became very sweet, and climbed into Rena's lap, and was easily put into a carrier.No need to call on Trapper Jan. I'm convinced that Janet's soul somehow passed into her cat, and we all thought that. The transformation was spooky to say the least. Rena still has her sisters cat, and her and her husband take her everywhere with them. Kitties know when we hurt, and they are the best therapy for aching hearts. Gather all yours around you and cry all you need to into their fur. We'll all be here when you need us. ((((HUGS))) and (((PURRS))) Jan

prechrswife
12-03-2004, 05:02 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family.

What your kitties did for you is just precious...

K & L
12-03-2004, 06:05 PM
Lisa, I'm so sorry for you loss. It's not easy losing our loved ones, and especially at this time of year. I'm glad you have some comfort with your babies.

GraciesMommy
12-03-2004, 06:06 PM
So sorry to hear about the loss of your grandmother...furkids have that special way of seeing us thru hard times

lizzielou742
12-03-2004, 06:54 PM
I'm sorry, CCL. {{{hugs}}} to you during this rough time. :(

jazzzytina
12-03-2004, 06:55 PM
I'm sorry about your grandmother. My grandmother is really special to me, so I can imagine your loss. Your family and you are in my prayers. {{{HUGS}}}

Tina

lisalee
12-03-2004, 09:22 PM
I'm very sorry to hear you lossed your grandmother Lisa. I know your furbabies will help you thru this difficult time.

rosethecopycat
12-03-2004, 09:30 PM
My sympathies to you and yours.

I'm glad your purrbabies were there to help heal you.

iloverat
12-03-2004, 10:02 PM
Lisa,

My condolences on the death of your grandmother. I think your kitties were saying their purrayers for you and your grandma last night. Let those little furry ones give you lots of TLC (tender loving catcare) in the next few days and months.

Take care - Bobbi

rg_girlca
12-03-2004, 10:18 PM
Oh Lisa, I am so sorry on the loss of your beloved Grandmother.
My prayers will be with you and your family at this sad time.

I'm so glad that your precious furbabies were there for you in your time of grief.

Take care (((((HUGS)))))

Corinna
12-04-2004, 12:30 AM
Adding my {{{hug}}} sounds like the comics and purr therapy is what you needed.

Uniqueviking
12-04-2004, 12:54 AM
I'm sorry for your loss :(

QueenScoopalot put it very well: "Kitties know when we hurt, and they are the best therapy for aching hearts."

catmandu
12-04-2004, 08:57 AM
We are sorry,to hear about your loss,and my Found Cats,comforted me,when I lost my Parents,in the same way,that SCrappy Magoo,did for you.And Good News,as the Magoo,at Petcetera,got his Furr Ever Home!

lbaker
12-04-2004, 09:16 AM
And we all know just how "aloof, independant, self-absorbed" etc etc ad nausium cats are don't we. NOT. Warm and loving thoughts to you and yours. I'm so very sorry for your heartache.

leslie
12-05-2004, 02:33 AM
Lisa, it sounds like you were able to be with your grandmother a lot during her hard times... She knows that and you will be seeing her again when it is time. In the meantime, she is all around you- listen to the purrs, that is Grandma giving you love from her to you...through your babies...She is there with you still.

lbaker
12-05-2004, 06:37 AM
Leslie, what a dear warm thought. Lovely, and so very true.

sirrahbed
12-05-2004, 08:55 AM
Just stopping in for a cup of coffee http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/ernaehrung/food-smiley-020.gifhttp://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/ernaehrung/food-smiley-020.gif and a hug.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/smilies/hug2.gif Take care my friend!!

trayi52
12-05-2004, 09:08 AM
Lisa, so sorry to hear about the loss of your grandmother. My prayers are with you at this time. Just keep those little sweetie near you, they can be a comfort to you.

Willie

christa
12-05-2004, 09:21 AM
Lisa:

So sorry about your grandma! I know how special grandmas are and how hard it is to loose them.

Please just be thankful for the years that you had with her.

My grandma on my dad's side died when my dad was 9, so I never got to meet her . . . I did have my other grandma for a few years . . . she died with I was 16 . . . I still think about her now, 7 years later, and cry my eyes out.

It's especially hard around the holidays . . . for me it's been hard at Christmas & was especially hard when I got married.

Grandmas are so special & I hope you have as many wonderful memories of yours as I have of mine.

I just pray that God blesses you and comforts you during this time. :)