PDA

View Full Version : Things That Bug Me - This Week.....

RICHARD
12-03-2004, 11:59 AM
Why do people buy SUVs to keep their kids safe, then let them
stand in between the front seats???

How fast can a six year old face break the monitor on your GPS system??

And what is that red arrow in the turn signal???

A warning to me or a reminder that you have been driving for the last 10 miles with it on???
---------------------------------

Since steroid use is against the law for regular people, why do athletes get a pass?

So you can't take steroids and play sports????

Then why do I have to work with people hyped up on that 'performance enhancing drug', caffeine???

----------------------------------

Don't be a jerk 11 months out of the year and for December get a smile on your face and wish me "seasons greetings"..

I'd rather see you pleasant for the rest of the year than having you pretend to be nice for 31 days....

On second thought, send me a card and leave me alone!;)
-----------------------------------

Why do you have to buy your signifigant other a diamond for Christmas?

The diamond companies used to tell you that the perfect diamond purchase should be worth two months of your salary...

Does that mean that I don't eat for two months???

That won't look good on the sign...

"I bought a diamond, Will work for food."

------------------------------

And Finally.......

There are the stories where parents are upset that children are being told that Santa Claus is not real...

These are the same parents who refuse to talk to their children about sex, drugs and rock and roll...

But there is a tooth fairy, Easter Bunny and pro athletes who are role models......

Put a fork in me-I'm done!

Tonya
12-03-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Why do people buy SUVs to keep their kids safe, then let them
stand in between the front seats???

My girlfriend drives a big Suburban and her two year old twins run lose in it. They even sit on her lap while she drives. It makes me crazy! Her excuse is "Well, they won't sit in their car seat, they hate them." If it were my kids, I'd drive with a belt in one hand. Everytime they unstrapped the seatbelt, I'd flash that belt. The belt would do alot less damage then a head through the windshield.

gini
12-03-2004, 01:09 PM
Gee, I guess it is Richard's turn to be grumpy!

How about going home and hugging Eddie? That ought to put you in a better mood.:D :D

RICHARD
12-03-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by gini

How about going home and hugging Eddie? That ought to put you in a better mood.:D :D

Oh yeah???

IF I can find him........

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65365

:eek:

gini
12-03-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
My girlfriend drives a big Suburban and her two year old twins run lose in it. They even sit on her lap while she drives. It makes me crazy! Her excuse is "Well, they won't sit in their car seat, they hate them." If it were my kids, I'd drive with a belt in one hand. Everytime they unstrapped the seatbelt, I'd flash that belt. The belt would do alot less damage then a head through the windshield.

I had a sister in law like that. She let her two year old just roam around the car. It really upset me and she said "oh, she just hates the car seat."

So I told her of the story of a dear male friend who "hated" seat belts too. He was in a horrible car accident and he was thrown from his van. He hit the center divider on the BACK OF HIS NECK!
He was paralyzed from the neck down. He passed away six weeks later.

She stopped the car - made my little niece sit in the car
seat.......and we never heard a peep out of her!

Sometimes we forget who is in charge of children.......and what our adult responsibilities are to them.

Tonya
12-03-2004, 02:47 PM
I wish my friend was that easy to convince. She seems to think it's more work arguing with her children. I get so annoyed when parents let their kids run them. Sometime people think I'm mean because I won't give up petty battles with my son. But there's a reason for that, if I give in, I'm showing him that he's in power and that it's ok to argue.

cookieluver7
12-03-2004, 03:09 PM
I agree with some of the things you said. You are right! (on most of the things)

QueenScoopalot
12-05-2004, 01:50 PM

A warning to me or a reminder that you have been driving for the last 10 miles with it on???
Look at the 'flip side' RICHARD.....the ones that turn on their directionals (and not always) as they're making the turn! I just love the ones that do that at a red light when you can't get around them, and traffic coming the other way won't let them through. BAH-HUMBUG! :rolleyes:

christa
12-06-2004, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by RICHARD

Try this Richard: Next time you want to bug someone in traffic, turn on the wrong signal every time you make a turn. (left turn, right signal) LOL This really ticks people off!

:p

dukedogsmom
12-06-2004, 10:20 AM
Not being able to access my other forum at work since Windows XP was installed!!!!! :mad:

RICHARD
12-06-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by christa
Try this Richard: Next time you want to bug someone in traffic, turn on the wrong signal every time you make a turn. (left turn, right signal) LOL This really ticks people off!

:p

In Cah lee fuh nee ah you don't get a chance to drive fast enough to USE your turn signals!!!:eek: