PDA

View Full Version : why dont people get it?

cali
12-02-2004, 11:01 PM
yeesh, I am the kind of person who wants next tonothing for myself, when I want something, its for others. that is just the way I am, but people just dont get it, I tell them I want stuff for my animals, or animals in general like a donation or something, and the responce I get is "NO, because that is not for YOU" sigh why cant people comprihend that to me, something thats not for me, IS for me. but people keep getting angry that I dont want something for myself and its driving me crazy! I mean really, I honestly cant see wanting something for others is such a horrable crime :rolleyes: I will never understand some people. :confused:

flamepony12
12-02-2004, 11:06 PM
meh, I'm no help, maybe tell 'em YOU want a dog to to play with?? lmao

sorry, I know how that feels, I HATE it when people do that. :( When people say, "no, because thats not for YOU", say,
"I AM my animals!"
:p

CathyBogart
12-03-2004, 02:08 AM
Hehe, I want bird toys for Xmas. The only thing I want for myself is an apartment in Seattle, and I do NOT want anyone to get that for me! I hope nobody has a problem with me not wanting anything! 0.o

Samantha Puppy
12-03-2004, 05:41 AM
Tell them you would rather have American Express gift money. That way you can spend it wherever and however you want.

nibblets
12-03-2004, 10:34 AM
I can relate...I am so excited this year because I was able to afford a new guitar and amp for my son for Christmas, plus a rare collectors item from one of his favorite bands. I can't wait to see his face when he gets these things. For myself...I don't really need or want anything. I get myself what I need and if I see something I want I get it when I can afford it. I found it VERY hard to write down a few items I wanted when I was asked...I ended up with a couple of CDs I'd like to have.

Cataholic
12-03-2004, 10:40 AM
When they ask you, and you respond that you want what you want...and they say, "but, that isn't for YOU". Say, with a HUGE SMILE on your face, "Oh, okay, well YOU just do what YOU want to do then, and forget about MY wishes". Smile while saying it..i think they will get the point.

moosmom
12-03-2004, 11:06 AM
I agree with Samantha Puppy. The best way to actually get people to get what you want is ask for a gift card, either Master Card, American Express, or even from Petco/PetSmart/Pet Supplies Plus. Tell them you're VERY difficult to buy for and that would work out much better. If they give you a hard time, then ask them WHY they asked to begin with!!