PDA

View Full Version : I need suggestions! (Christmas Gift)

DogLover9501
12-02-2004, 09:48 PM
I need some suggestions on my mom's Christmas gift.

She named a few things for me, and I'm going to get them, but I wanted to get her something she didn't name(as a surprise) but I can't think of anything at all!

Does anyone have any suggestions?

catnapper
12-02-2004, 10:16 PM
Well what did she name (just so I get an idea of what she needs/wants) and what type of things does she like?

At any rate, these are things I'd like to get (npt neccessarily in any order :) )
~a good book
~fun socks with her favorite thing (for me its cats. For my neice, I got her frogs.... I actually bought myself a pair and told my husband to give them to me on Christmas day! :D )
~Does she have an old piece of jewlry she doesn't wear because its broke? Take it for repair! I have a pin I'd love to wear but it keeps unhinging on the back, pearl earrings that fell out of their setting, a tennis bracelet with a broken link, and a ring with a missing stone (thats kinda expensive to replace, but it is a small stone.) but you get the idea. I'd LOVE to have soemone being thoughful enough to take it and have it repaired and made good as new for me!
~A book of "coupons" redeemable for things throughout the year. Things like "good for one car wash" where you wash the car or "good for one round of Scrabble" where you'd play Scrabble whenever she chose to redeem it, etc. But beware -- be ready to honor the coupon right then! :D Thats a cheap and cool gift.
~Start a collection of things that you could add to yearly. It can be inexpensive like a Hallmark ornament or expensive like a porcelain figurine.

I'll think of more...

GraciesMommy
12-03-2004, 06:27 AM
I put together a basket...in it there are addy labels, gift cards, a calendar, a few pictures framed, recipe cards, book marks...all made off the computer with personalized pictures of the grandkids..and everything has her name on them...like "from the kitchen of....." on the recipe cards...and little bus. cards with email and ph numbers to give to friends..pretty neat and personal gift...if you are computer savvy...

cookieluver7
12-03-2004, 06:39 AM
How about something like a pretty sweater? If your mom is like mine, she loves getting new clothes.;)

DogLover9501
12-03-2004, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the suggestions all, I would have NEVER thought of some of those!!

I'm going to write them down for when I go shopping ;)

Buddy Blaze Lover
12-04-2004, 10:54 AM
She might like soap and cosmetics too! When we give those to people, we make them!:D

NoahsMommy
12-04-2004, 10:02 PM
These are some really cute ideas! :)

I always get my mom something sentimental, something she wants and something girly like bath stuff and lotion. This year for the sentimental gift, I'm going to type and frame the words to "I hope you Dance" (the song we danced to at my wedding) and the CD. Everytime I hear that song I cry, then call my mom to say that I love her. :)

jenfer
12-04-2004, 11:47 PM
Good ideas, I could use some of those too. ;) I am getting a Gigi calendar for my mom. Probably get her something else on top of that.

sirrahbed
12-05-2004, 09:56 AM
Missy usually gets me something pampering and girlie like comfy pj's, hand spa, massage certificate or something I love and she hates - like a country western CD (Gretchen Wilson)
Of course, if she lived closer - she probably would not buy me the CD!:p

I would think any mom likes pampering girlie stuff - don't we???

My favorite gift from my DIL is a plaque telling me that I was a wonderful mother to her husband. That one made me cry.

I also think moms like the sentimental stuff like Kelly mentioned.