PDA

View Full Version : What would you rather have for dinner?

dukedogsmom
12-02-2004, 08:31 PM
I saw the What's for supper? thread and thought I'd start this one. What would you really want to be having for dinner? My ideal dinner would be Porterhouse steak with big, plump mushrooms and some wonderful, sweet lobster tail to go with it. My drink would be Asti Spumante. For dessert some chocolate mousse and a cup of latte to go with it.
Now, you should list the place where it's held:
I would be in a wintery place in a type of lodge where there's a big room with a fireplace(sort of like in the dog house) There would be those huge, oversized chairs that you can sink down into. This is where dessert would be eaten. Of course, the thing that would make it perfect is sweet Duke, curled up by me in front of the fireplace. Now, let's hear yours.

caseysmom
12-02-2004, 09:34 PM
chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and country gravy, undecided on a drink or veggie...but for some reason lemon meringue pies sounds good for desert. In a huge house overlooking the ocean. Oh and of course a maid to clean up!

catnapper
12-02-2004, 09:59 PM
If I could have ANYTIHNG? Well, I'd start with fresh, perfect jumbo shirmp. Not the red sauce for dipping... there's a sauce that is similar to thousand island that tastes sooooo good. I'll actually be getting it at a Christmas party I'm going to in two weeks... I can start drooling in anticipation now.

Then I'll follow that up with a dinner of steamed broccoli, perhaps some sort of rice dish, and either Mahi Mahi or Sole. YUM!

For dessert? New York Cheese cake. Then you can roll me out away from the table. :D

Now, if we are talking about a regular dinner at home? I LOVE cheese ravioli and crusty garlic bread. My favorite of inexpensive meals!

Cookiebaker
12-02-2004, 10:23 PM
It totally depends on the time of year. For right now (end of fall/beginning of winter) my absolute favorite is: A bowl of hot, fresh homemade lentil vegetable soup; a basket of piping hot, fresh dinner rolls with butter; and a fresh green salad on the side. Dessert would be fresh homemade apple pie a la mode, with decaf.

Mmmmmm!

slick
12-02-2004, 10:48 PM
Appy: Escargot with garlic butter sauce and a bun to soak up the extra sauce
Main meal: 1/4 lb Prime Rib with Lobster Tail and more garlic butter, salad, rice, and steamed veggies.
Dessert: Spanish Coffee.
:)

Kfamr
12-02-2004, 11:09 PM
A nice salad with black olives(mmm), carrots, cheese, and all of my favorites. With a nice glass of iced tea, and some yummy bread.

For desert, some time of warm cake or brownie with a scoop of vanilla icecream.

I'd want it to be somewhere my dogs came come along. :)