PDA

View Full Version : IT'S ABOUT TIME!!! GRRR, dirtbags!

QueenScoopalot
12-02-2004, 06:12 PM
Issue 324 --- December 1, 2004
A Project of The Humane Society of the United States and The Fund for Animals
http://www.humanelines.org/

http://www.indexjournal.com/news/20041124a_n.html

RECORD SENTENCE FOR DOGFIGHTING MASTERMIND:
On Monday (11/22), convicted South Carolina dogfighting mastermind David Tant was handed the strictest sentence ever given for dogfighting: thirty years in prison.

Circuit Judge Wyatt Saunders pronounced the sentence after Tant pleaded guilty to 41 counts of dogfighting, following a raid on Tant's property last April in which investigators seized dogfighting paraphernalia and 47 pit bulls. The raid came after a surveyor was shot and injured by a booby-trapped gun on the property. For that offense, Tant was convicted of assault and battery and received ten years in addition to his 30 for dogfighting.

Tant’s conviction marks a major victory in the fight against illegal, organized dogfighting. David Tant has long been associated with dogfighting groups and is well-known as one of the biggest breeders of fighting dogs in the world, selling dogs nationally and internationally. Said South Carolina Attorney General Henry McMaster, who prosecuted the case under his newly-created, statewide, dogfighting task force, "This sends a message to dog fighters and people who would participate in this vicious, brutal activity that there are consequences for their actions."

sammy101
12-02-2004, 08:20 PM
thats good!he deserves this and i hope all those other people who fight dogs learn from this terrible crime.:(

leslie
12-03-2004, 12:50 AM
this is a victory! Jan- you should label the thread as a victory so people won't be afaid to open it! (i was..)! I wish there was some way of tracking these sentences though so we would know for sure what is happening!

mina'smomma
12-03-2004, 09:17 AM
Hallejuah!!!!! There is a judge out there who gives a rip about animals. This is great news. A victory for the animal world.

Tonya
12-03-2004, 09:30 AM
Now that is a beautiful story! Praise God! I hope that sets a precedence.