PDA

View Full Version : Details: January Cat Show, San Jose, CA

AmberLee
12-02-2004, 04:56 PM
08-09(L). CA, SAN JOSE: Marie Campbell Pavillion, Santa Clara Co. Fairgrounds, 344 Tully Road. Tails And No Tales Cat Club. 6AB, 2Spec. Judges: Nye(AB), Fuller(AB), Trevathan(AB), McKeehen-Bounds(AB), Grimm(AB), Auspitz(AB), Honey(LH/SH), Miller(LH/SH). Entry limit 225.

I just found this posted at the Cat Fancy Association website for January 2005. Yippee!!

NoahsMommy
12-02-2004, 05:20 PM
YIPPEE!!! I can't wait!!!

:) :) :) :)

RedHedd
12-02-2004, 05:34 PM
What's the date(s)?

NoahsMommy
12-02-2004, 09:21 PM
January 8 & 9

Can you come too??

:)

RedHedd
12-02-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
January 8 & 9

Can you come too??

:)

I'm planning on it .... Sundays are usually better for me.

Tonya
12-02-2004, 11:34 PM
That's the week before my babyshower, so I might be busy. But if not, I'll try to come! My family really wants to come to the next one after seeing the pictures.

catmandu
12-03-2004, 08:46 AM
MMMMEEEEEEEEEEW HHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! No Cat Shows in Hmailton,and I love,to go,to Cat Shows,.as you see Great Cats,and get Great Deals,on Cat Food! And some,of the Best Toyus,come from there!

NoahsMommy
12-03-2004, 11:37 AM
RedHedd, Cool! I think BCBlondie said Sunday was a better day for her as well. Sounds like that'll be the day. :)

Tonya, It would be great to meet you. But I understand that will be a busy time for you. :)

Gary, You're so right about the interesting cat toys they have at the shows. I always fine really neat ones there. Too bad you're just a bit to far to come down for this show. Do you have them often close to you?

BCBlondie
12-03-2004, 11:45 AM
RedHedd, Cool! I think BCBlondie said Sunday was a better day for her as well. Sounds like that'll be the day. :)
Yeah... Well, I'm not really sure. My boss has me work on a lot of Saturdays, but other times I get it off. I won't know if I'm working that Saturday or not until about two weeks in advance, so I would prefer the Sunday since I am 100% sure that I will be able to go that day (since my work is closed Sundays!). ;)

Either way, I'm definitely going to go! I'm going to see if I can drag my mom along with me... She loves cats, and I know that she will enjoy it! :D

AmberLee
12-03-2004, 04:40 PM
Sounds like a good turn-out. How wonderful!

BCBlondie
12-27-2004, 12:56 PM
Bumping this up...

Also, I just found out I have to work that Saturday.. :( But I can definitely make it on Sunday!

Who else is going?
Let's start a list.

Also, where are we all meeting? Again at Subway?

RedHedd
12-27-2004, 01:34 PM
KAK/AmberLee - isn't this the same cat show we met at last January? It's a very small venue and it was easy to spot each other right at the door. Count me in! Georgia

NoahsMommy
12-27-2004, 01:57 PM
Yea! I'm excited!

David and I will be staying at Karen's house, so whichever day you want is fine with me. :) If we do go on Sunday, I'd prefer to go when it opens as we'll be driving home Sunday too.

krazyaboutkatz
12-27-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by RedHedd
KAK/AmberLee - isn't this the same cat show we met at last January? It's a very small venue and it was easy to spot each other right at the door. Count me in! Georgia
Yes, this is the same location. It's supposed to be larger than the Nov. cat show. If we don't meet at Subway, then we could set up a meeting time at one of the rings.

I'll definitely be there. I guess Sunday will be the day.:D

AmberLee
01-02-2005, 06:42 PM
Yippee!

I'm looking forward to this!

I've been quiet lately; I was out of town celebrating holidays with family -- little time and NO internet connection. Loved the family time, but suffered computer withdrawals!!!

BCBlondie
01-03-2005, 08:57 PM
ONE MORE WEEK!!!!!! :D

I'm so excited!!! :D :D

So what time and where are we meeting exactly? So I know where/when to go... ;)

AmberLee
01-03-2005, 09:07 PM
The last I heard, I think a bunch of us are planning to be the first in the door on Sunday. Is this right, KAK? Wolflady????

BCBlondie
01-03-2005, 10:12 PM
What time would that be?... :D LOL

So we're not meeting at Subway before?
What is the entrance fee?

NoahsMommy
01-03-2005, 10:46 PM
YAY!!!! Yea, what time?? I'm not known to be an early riser, but for you gals, I'll do it! ;)

krazyaboutkatz
01-04-2005, 12:05 AM
YAY!!!! Yea, what time?? I'm not known to be an early riser, but for you gals, I'll do it! ;) LOL Kelly:D

I think it opens at either 9am or 10am but I'm not sure. I spoke to AmberLee this evening and she said that she was going to look it up for us. There might also be coupons in the paper again too.:) I'm really looking forward to this and to having another mini-PT meeting.:D

RedHedd
01-04-2005, 02:05 PM
About 10:00'ish? Remember it will take me and the others around an hour to get there and it's a Sunday (my sleep in day). If anyone gets discount coupons, will you share? I poked around the website and didn't see any discount coupons. See you on Sunday!

AmberLee
01-04-2005, 06:50 PM
Okay, I found the flyer for the show (http://www.mycattery.com/tnt/images/SpecFlyer2005.pdf)

One little mystery. They'd planned the show for 450 cats and sometime (recently?) reduced it to 225 cats. It will be a more intimate show than I'm used to for this time of year...

So it opens at 9 on Sunday. Are we still interested?

Someone proposed those that want to go at opening do so and then swing by ring 1 every hour on the hour and meet up with the new-coming Pet Talkers there. Does this work for everybody? There's almost always a ring 1. ;) :p

The tickets are $7/adult. I haven't seen a discount coupon yet.

NoahsMommy
01-04-2005, 06:55 PM
I'm game for whatever Karen's up for. We're staying with her, so its her call. :)

I'm so excited!!

AmberLee
01-04-2005, 07:14 PM
... I'm so excited!!

Me too!

AmberLee
01-04-2005, 07:29 PM
Wolflady: your mailbox is full!

wolflady
01-04-2005, 07:31 PM
Cool! Sunday at 10am it is! Did we want to meet somewhere prior, or just at the door? We can definitely cycle around ring 1 every hour on the hour to pick up later arriving PTers. :)

krazyaboutkatz
01-04-2005, 10:05 PM
Yes, 10am sounds great to me too.:) We can just meet at ring 1 if you'd like. I can't wait.:D

AmberLee
01-05-2005, 02:49 PM
Whoohoo! Getting closer!

Excited? Who's excited??? ;)

RedHedd
01-05-2005, 04:18 PM
I'm excited! The place really is small and KAK is tall (I'm not :rolleyes: :p but I DO have RED hair, so I'm easy to spot. See y'all on Sunday!

NoahsMommy
01-06-2005, 03:06 PM
:( Guys, I can't go. :(

I had to go to the ER at 2:30 this morning where they pumped me full of pain meds. THere's no way I'll be able to come up this weekend now. :(

wolflady
01-06-2005, 03:26 PM

I had to go to the ER at 2:30 this morning where they pumped me full of pain meds. THere's no way I'll be able to come up this weekend now. :(

OMG!! Kelly! I just saw this! What happenend? I'm bummed that you can't make it, but I can totally understand. I wouldn't want to travel if I was feeling icky. Are you feeling any better this afternoon?

**hugs**
:(

RedHedd
01-06-2005, 04:29 PM
Oh no! What happened? WAH! I was SO looking forward to finally meeting Noah's meowmie! Feel better!

AmberLee
01-06-2005, 04:54 PM

Bummer. I do hope you are feeling better now. Of course a trip of this distance is out of the question. I do hope to meet you soon and REALLY hope you're feeling top of the mark very soon.

{{{gentle hugs}}} and ~~~ healing vibes ~~~~

BCBlondie
01-06-2005, 08:46 PM

:eek: Oh no!!!!! :( :( :( I was really looking forward to meeting you! I hope everything is okay... What happened? Well, I hope you get better real soon! Take care!! **hugs**

NoahsMommy
01-06-2005, 09:00 PM
You guys are so sweet. :) I had so wanted to meet/see you all too. :(

I had another attack that my medicine couldn't handle. They gave me a new (new for me) pain medication through the IV that really has knocked me on my butt. I've been sleeping on and off all day and have a raging headache. I can't eat today either. :(

I go see my GI on Tuesday, along with having another Upper GI and Small Bowel Series.

Can you all keep your eyes open for another show? I'd REALLY, REALLY like to come up soon. Are there many during this time of year?

BCBlondie
01-06-2005, 09:03 PM
There are a couple of dog shows coming up that I'm going to try to make! :D
I'm not sure about cat shows... KAK and AmberLee would probably know more about that.

NoahsMommy
01-06-2005, 10:31 PM
I found one in April in Pleasanton. Isn't that close to you guys?

02-03(P). CA, PLEASANTON: Hall of Commerce, Almeda County Fairgrounds. Crow Canyon Cat Club. 7AB, 1Spec. Judges: Grimm(AB), St. Georges(AB), Nye(AB), Placchi(AB), Fuller(AB), Harding(AB), Owen(AB), Ayers(LH/SH). EBEF $45 1st, $40 2nd, $30 3rd+, EBCD February 25, EF $49 1st, $44 2nd, $34 3rd+, CD March 27; entry limit 225. Info: Laurie Holmes, 4113 Hemlock Avenue, Clearlake, CA 95422. 707-995-1125. Email: [email protected].

oooooohh! I'm going to this one. Its only 30 minutes away from me! Its in April too:

09-10(L). CA, VENTURA: Seaside Park, 10 West Harbor Boulevard. Tonks West. 6AB, 2Spec, 8Vet, Junior Showmanship. Judges: Dodds(AB), P. Moser(AB), Cummings(AB)(JS), Harding(AB), Wilford(AB), McIntyre(AB), Ayers(LH), Lyons(SH), Webster(LH), Fitzgerald(SH). Entry limit 225. Info: Regina Shaffer, 1663 Rose Avenue, Beaumont, CA 92223. 909-769-2949. Fax 909-769-2859. Email: [email protected].

RedHedd
01-06-2005, 11:03 PM
Hmm ... Pleasanton isn't THAT far away, although I do tend to turn blonde the minute I get on the other side of the Bay Bridge. Someone will need to leave a trail of breadcrumbs for me to follow, but I just might be able to do that one too.

Feel better Noah's Mommy!

krazyaboutkatz
01-07-2005, 12:12 AM
Kelly, I'm so sorry that you're sick again and won't be able to make it this weekend.:( There are plenty of upcoming cat shows. I made a list of some of the closer ones to us last year and this is what I came up with:
Cat Fanciers Association:
Feb.12&13- Hayward
Feb. 19&20-San Francisco
March 5&6-Vallejo
March 19&20- San Mateo- This is a must because it's supposed to be one of the better shows.:D
April 2&3- Pleasanton
April 23&24- Hayward
Sept. 3&4-San Francisco
Nov. 5&6- San Jose
Nov. 18&20- This may be wrong?-San Mateo International Cat Show

Some of the dates and times may have changed though. I'm sure you'll be able to come up for one in the future and then the weather will be a lot better too.:)

wolflady
01-07-2005, 01:36 PM
Yes, Pleasanton isn't that far away and it's usually a pretty good show.

Thanks to KAK for posting the list! There are plenty of upcoming shows to choose from, so just let me know which one you want to come up for, Kelly...and it will be all good! ;)

I hope you're feeling better really soon!

I'll see the rest of you on Sunday! :D
**hugs**

RedHedd
01-07-2005, 01:41 PM
I just received a $2 off coupon for Sunday's show in my e-mail. If anyone else didn't get one, PM me with your e-mail address and I can forward it to you. Note that the forwarded e-mail coupon will only get you $1 off, but what the hey ....

As for the February cat show in San Francisco, I can definitely do the Sunday show; Saturday the 19th I'm busy. KAK is right about the San Mateo show - that one is not to be missed!

Edit: Well darn, the San Francisco show in February has been cancelled.

wolflady
01-07-2005, 01:48 PM
Thanks RedHedd, I've PMed you. Also, KAK...keep your eyes out for coupons in the paper as well;)

I can't wait! :D Shows are so much fun. Hmmm...I'm curious about the one in San Mateo. Is it a big one? We'll have to definitely plan a group outing for that one!
**hugs**

NoahsMommy
01-07-2005, 04:44 PM
Thanks for posting those, KAK. Any of them look good to me. Just let me know which ones you all can attend. :)

krazyaboutkatz
01-08-2005, 01:17 AM
RedHedd, I also received the same $2.00 off e-mail. I guess we now have to prove that we're on the list.:) I also have a $1.00 off coupon that I found in the Friday's Mercury News "Eye". It's on page 41. I can also bring this along and also another copy of my discount e-mail.:)
I'm getting very excited and I'm looking forward to this cat show.:)

AmberLee
01-08-2005, 03:19 PM
Does anyone serve their cats 'Meow Mix' food? We received some for Christmas and I gave the kids some last night. I'd forgotten some of the nuggets are treated with red dye. Cassy doesn't do well with it. It's a 16 oz box, with 1 serving gone. It goes against the grain to throw it away. Please let me know and I'll bring it tomorrow.

RedHedd
01-08-2005, 09:54 PM
Nope, no Meow Mix in our house. Sorry.

krazyaboutkatz
01-08-2005, 09:57 PM
My boys are also on very strict urinary tract diets so no Meow Mix allowed in my house.;)

AmberLee
01-09-2005, 01:58 AM
See you tomorrow. Yippee!

Don Juan's mom
01-09-2005, 02:05 AM
Just saw this thread. I'm thinking of coming to the show, but I'm singing in two services tomorrow and can't get there till after 1:00. But once I'm there, I'll look around for KAK, AmberLee and RedHedd.

Just be prepared to throw me to the ground if I start to buy any jewelry or tee shirts. :rolleyes: I'm BROKE!

Liz

AmberLee
01-09-2005, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Don Juan's mom
... Just be prepared to throw me to the ground if I start to buy any jewelry or tee shirts. :rolleyes: I'm BROKE!

Liz

Aren't you lucky I didn't see this post till we got home from the show?

Thanks to Mr. WolfLady, here are the PetTalkers in all our glory:

Left to right -- DonJuan'sMom; ReddHed; KrazyAboutKats; WolfLady; and AmberLee. Proof that the rain held off for a few minutes at least!

AmberLee
01-09-2005, 06:37 PM
We were standing in front of ReddHed's new red car, isn't it gorgeous? So new she'd just put gas in it for the first time today!

Not all my photos turned out??? Here is a shot of Isis, a blue-eyed beauty up for adoption at the Humane Society's booth. WolfLady fell madly in love with her and wanted to take her home as a playmate for her Marius. (Wonder if he'd have been a thrilled?)

AmberLee
01-09-2005, 06:42 PM
Here's a sample of the colors at the show. The rings and ribbons were in Burgundy, Black, White and Silver. Very elegant!

AmberLee
01-09-2005, 06:47 PM
HERE's an example of the colors. D'oh!!!

NoahsMommy
01-09-2005, 07:00 PM
It looks so wonderful!!! I'm so glad you all had fun.

Tell me. How was the SHOPPING?????

AmberLee
01-09-2005, 07:02 PM
One of the vendors, Hidy-Tidy (http://www.hidytidy.com) was selling some lovely cabinets that hid kitty litter pans. They seemed too big to me, but I fell madly in love with the tile trivets they were selling.

Cassy put his seal of a-paw-vral on this one:

AmberLee
01-09-2005, 07:04 PM
This is what it looks like without a cat standing on it:

AmberLee
01-09-2005, 07:07 PM
Here both trivets are sitting side by side with a tube of "Cat Candy" on it -

AmberLee
01-09-2005, 07:15 PM
We had a good selection of vendors. Some I hadn't seen before. I'm guessing there were about 20 with wares as varied as cat furniture, snuggly beds, lots of shirt vendors, a cat-material seller for quilters and craft types, lots of jewelry vendors (you've GOT to see the gorgeous set KAK bought in saphire blue!!! Gorgeous), cat toy and suppliers.... Three different rescue groups were working together. This is the show that gives attendees a vote for best in show, too. We PTers went CRAZY with that one, as I'm sure you guessed! Oh! We talked KAK into trying French Vanilla cappachino (sp?) for the first time -- we might have made a convert to our favorite tipple! (WolfLady and I, I mean!)

AmberLee
01-09-2005, 07:17 PM
It looks so wonderful!!! I'm so glad you all had fun.

Tell me. How was the SHOPPING?????

Exxxxcccccceeeeelllent! The only thing that would have made it better was if you had made it, too. Bummer you weren't feeling up to it. Maybe the next cat show you can come up?

AmberLee
01-09-2005, 07:24 PM
Oh, Eeeeeeddddddwina!!! One of the vendors had a selection of dozens and dozens of cat hats, each more gorgeous than the last. If I weren't quite so broke, I had a couple I was thinking of torturing Olivia with.... They were SO CUTE you can't believe it.

Here is the website for the Tile trivets (http://www.earthtonestile.com/) , just to tantalize you!

AmberLee
01-09-2005, 07:48 PM
The shot of the Sphinx being judged didn't turn out. :o :( but the sight of the judge holding his sweet little tiny tail and describing the fine points of it's muscalture (sp?) was exceedingly sweet.

And a gorgous gray tuxie girl, about 6 years old, won in household pets division. Simply gorgeous!

wolflady
01-09-2005, 08:03 PM
OMG! Thanks for posting the pictures Amberlee and taking a picture of Isis for me. She was just breathtaking. Can you imagine 2 white chugs??!! That would have been so cute. I guess that's why Aaron goes to these shows with me....to keep me in check. I would have adopted that cat in a heartbeat! :o
*swoon*

Kelly, there was an absolutely gorgeous fawn Somali! I think all of us PTers voted for her as spectator's choice! :D

The shopping was great! I was restricted (again, thanks to Aaron! :o LOL LOL) in the number of purchases, but there will be other catshows! I got myself a pair of cute little earrings. I should have bought one of the t-shirts I saw, but hopefully that vendor will be at the next show!
**hugs**

RedHedd
01-09-2005, 08:05 PM
Great pics! I LOVE my new car! That was it's first "long" ride outside of San Francisco. I found myself "cruising" home at 80 mph! :eek:

NoahsMommy we all bought cat-themed earrings. I guess we'll all have to wear them at the Barbecue in July!

AmberLee I LOVE those trivets! I just might have to order some online!

We all fell in love with the Somalis. I went online to do more research. Petfinder has a few up for adoption, but they're all back east. Darn! Although I'm sure my two wouldn't want a new sibling!

A good time was had by all and now my two have gotten their obligatory after-cat-show grooming. No matter what I do, they will NEVER look like those show cats. I love them to bits anyway! :D

BCBlondie
01-09-2005, 08:18 PM
Sorry I couldn't make it to this one!! :( :( From the way the weather has been acting up the past couple of days (er.. weeks), and the shower forecasts, I just didn't trust the weather.

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun though.. I wish I could have made it! I will definitely try to make it to the next one! :D (The one in March?)

P.S.
I hope to see some of you next Monday, at the dog park meeting! :) http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67627

krazyaboutkatz
01-10-2005, 12:07 AM
Yes, we sure had a great time today. I wish it didn't have to end. Oh well, now back to reality.;) Thanks for posting the pictures AmberLee. I just wasn't in the mood to take pictures today.

I bought a very cute cat necklace and earrings to match. Here's a picture of it. It was hard to take a clear picture of it but the silver round things are little cat heads.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/krazyaboutkatz/abecd9ae.jpg

Here are the other 2 pairs of earrings that I bought. They're from Jewelia Designs and her web address is www.jfadams.net/Jewelia/.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/krazyaboutkatz/d2c3c12b.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/krazyaboutkatz/122c4a68.jpg

The lady would also change the stone color for you if you wanted her too. So I picked out some of my favorite colors. RedHedd bought the same kind of earrings as the second cat earring picture only in gold.

AmberLee
01-11-2005, 02:11 PM
And your jewelry is even cuter than the photos reflect. What fun memories they'll bring to you over the years!