PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever met anyone off of the internet?

Jamieejo85
12-02-2004, 04:07 PM
I was just wondering if anyone has ever met anyone off the internet, I don't think there has been a thread like this but I don't know. Personally, I have talked to a lot of people but never met anyone. My aunt actually is engaged to a guy she met online..:eek: and he is a really nice guy. So post your "meeting stories".:D

petslover
12-02-2004, 04:46 PM
Well, I kinda met one of my friend's on the internet. She saw my website and dropped me an IM. Then we met up and we were going to hang out together, but her mom and my mom knew each other since high school. So I guess you could say kinda! Now we are like close friends!

Kfamr
12-02-2004, 04:50 PM
Yes. :)

I have met several PT'ers including:

wolf_q, anna_66, RobiLee, Dukedogsmom, Karen & Paul, T&P's mom, and tooonnsss more!

NoahsMommy
12-02-2004, 05:27 PM
Yes, I've met many PTers. They've all been very nice and I know any of them will be lifelong friends. :)

manda_moo87
12-02-2004, 05:30 PM
Yeah. I had several rabbit internet friends, and a bunch of us met at a rabbit show. :)

catnapper
12-02-2004, 06:30 PM
Definately! I met my husband online then met him in person after a few months of talking, then I met several people from a step-parenting website, and a few people from PT and another cat message board.

GraciesMommy
12-02-2004, 06:31 PM
I married the man I met on the net 5 and half years ago, so my answer is a big fat YES..lol
Plus I have met a gal in Missouri...we got together for a weekend and went shopping. (that was 6 years ago)
I have a couple of friends (one in MI and one in GA) that we talk on the phone once a week and hope to meet soon.

cookieluver7
12-02-2004, 06:45 PM
Never. I met few people through pms on pet talk, but never met any body in person.

Corinna
12-02-2004, 07:08 PM
Yep Wolf_q this siummer. This fall Slick ,veegan,Rubymutt,and jenrfert we had a great time.

wolflady
12-02-2004, 07:47 PM
Yes! I have met so many wonderful people through the 'net, primarily through PT. Everyone I have met in person through PT has been delightful and no doubt some of them have become very close friends of mine, particularly Noahsmommy. I love her! :D

**hugs**

dukedogsmom
12-02-2004, 08:24 PM
Kay(Kfamr), Anna(Anna_66) and Robin(Robilee), Donna(moosmom). All very nice people. Pt is truly a wonderful family of people.

Tina
12-02-2004, 08:37 PM
Yes, my husband and I have met a few of his friends from a car forum he belongs to.:)

Cincy'sMom
12-02-2004, 08:54 PM
Too many PTers to list!!! ( Mostly living in Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, or Florida, but also Illinois,Wisconsin, Massachusettes, NY...)

slleipnir
12-02-2004, 09:02 PM
I met a guy once. But he was a friend of someone I knew so I kinda knew he wasn't crazy or anything :rolleyes:

I hope to meet Kay and some other PTers soon :x

anna_66
12-02-2004, 09:03 PM
You better believe it, and all of them from PT:D

Well let's see, we've got...
Tubby & Peanut's Mom, Cincy's Mom & Sadies Dad, shais_mom, 4 dog mother, both of our great moderators Karen & Paul, pict9, dukedogsmom, ramanth, fett, yellowlablover, All Creatures Great And Small, kfamr, blustang24, cataholic, Cinder & Smoke, moomsmom, mugsy, adoremydogs, wolf_q, bnormal, lizbud, puppygrrl4eva7, sirrahbed,sirrahned and robilee who is now my bestest friend:D

Whew! I think that's everyone (sorry if I left anyone out!).

Tonya
12-02-2004, 11:05 PM
I have alot of really close friends off of the internet including my husband. It'll be five years for us this April.

teenster3
12-02-2004, 11:07 PM
YES......
I too married the man I met online, that was 8 years ago & married for 1!:)
I don't think it's unheard of or uncommon for most people to have met someone online!
TiNa

Samantha Puppy
12-03-2004, 05:44 AM
Yes, but not from here. One of my bridesmaids I met at another forum I frequent. I flew to Scotland to meet them in Oct. '02 and they flew over here in May this year so that she could be in my wedding and he could be at it. :)

neko1
12-03-2004, 05:49 AM
nope

davidpizzica
12-03-2004, 06:55 AM
Gee, I don't know if anyone knows this (yeah right!), but I met Donna (moosmom) through PT. We haven't met face to face yet, but we hope to in the very near future. We talk a lot on te phone and we answer each other's posts, we sort of get a little mushy!!

Buddy Blaze Lover
12-03-2004, 07:26 AM
I met a REALLY good friend, (through another friend I have) a couple years ago, when we started e-mailing. I didn't assume we would form the friendship we did, but it was good!!:D I never really met "Kat" until over a year after we started e-mailing...since I live in KY and she lives in CA, I didn't think it was possible...but, I got a plane ticket to CA last Christmas, and flew out to see her and some other friends last January!!!!!! It was SOOOO neat....a trip I'll never forget!! (we flew back again in September, and I saw her yet again!! she may visit next summer, and I think we're going to the same college later on!) So that was awesome...now I met another of Kat's friends online, Michelle, and we've been e-mailing for a while, though I've never met her! (she also lives in southern CA) So, I enjoy doing stuff like that!;)

ramanth
12-03-2004, 07:29 AM
The first person I ever met online in person was a girl named Jessica. She and I met in a Yahoo chat room in 1997. In '98, I was driving to Toronto to meet her and her family. :D I consider her a surrogate sister. :)

AdoreMyDogs (Leslie) was the first PT person I met and since then I've met several lovely people in person from Pet Talk. :D

sirrahved
12-03-2004, 08:31 AM
I answered "yes."

I've met some PTers in Findlay, and I've also had a meeting with a girl from the Pastor's wives forum I frequent. She and I only live about 30 miles apart, and she works in my town.

None of them have turned out to be crazies yet!

sirrahved
12-03-2004, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by david p
Gee, I don't know if anyone knows this (yeah right!), but I met Donna (moosmom) through PT. We haven't met face to face yet, but we hope to in the very near future. We talk a lot on te phone and we answer each other's posts, we sort of get a little mushy!!

EEEEEEWWWWW! None of that mushy stuff here!;) :p

pitc9
12-03-2004, 09:34 AM
Yep!! All kids of people at the Findlay Bark Park!!!

Tonya
12-03-2004, 09:38 AM
One of my best online friends is a 60 something year old man in Arkansas. We've chatted for a few years. His wife has never been out to California. They were in a bad harley accident early this year. Once she recovers, they are coming out to stay with me for a week. :D

Karen
12-03-2004, 09:42 AM
I've met many Pet Talk folk, and have one long-time friend that I met online through a bulletin board in the sorta-pre-Internet days - you dialed in directly to the bulletin board. He continued to "talk" to me even after I said my husband was the SYSOP - which usually caused the guys filrting with me to hasily change their tone. My friend Phillip, however, just kept being friendly, and we still are today, though he now lives in Philadelphia.

I would caution our younger members, however, that you should be very very careful about meeting people you've gotten to know online. It is easy for people to misrepresent themselves, and you should not think that everyone on the Internet is as nice and friendly as Pet Talkers. Ther ARE bad people out there. Just be careful, okay?

I have met lots and lots of Pet Talkers - from Stonhenge to San Diego and lots of places in between! Paul and I always enjoy meeting Pet Talk folks!

Logan
12-03-2004, 09:43 AM
Anna! I think you forgot somebody!!! ;)

I have met several of my internet friends in person. From Pet Talk, I have met Karen (Mayor), Sandra (Tatsxxx11), Souraya (Doggiesarethebest) and ANNA !! How quickly she forgets!! LOL!!!! :)

I certainly have a list that is longer than my arm of people I would like to meet, as well. I have also had "in person" meetings with several of my Golden Retriever friends too.

Logan

nibblets
12-03-2004, 10:21 AM
I have made many good friends and met a few. I flew to Buffalo, NY and met a girl I knew from another message board, and we drove to Maryland and met up with a couple of other mutual friends we had online. It was great and I made a very strong friendship with one of the guys and we are now like long lost brother and sister. It proved to be a positive experience.