PDA

View Full Version : Here we go....AGAIN???

RICHARD
12-02-2004, 02:27 PM
Ugh.

I am so tired of people recycling movies, songs, TV show....

The new U2 song bugs me the most....

First,
The count, Uno, Dos, Tres, Catorce.. One, Two, Three, FOURTEEN????

Then I start to sing, "You Just Keep Me Hanging On" by the Supremes....

Check it out.

Last week I was amazed to see an ad for "The Flight of the Phoenix"....A fantastic old movie...

Remember the shotgun shells Jimmy Stewart used to turn over the engines????......Man, I was pooping bricks during that scene....talk about suspense!!!

This time the Phoenix crew has to deal with nomads AND a woman in the desert-What happened to just the heat, thirst and no sexual tension to deal with???

Here's the deal.......There will be at least one nude scene and a skimpy tank top in this version.....

NOT that I'll look away from a semi- nude cute gal.......but, come on......is nothing sacred?
------------------------

Last Friday I looked up at a billboard with movie "Fat Albert"
advertised on it....NOT an Albert fan, but jeez-o-pete!

One of these days someone will come up with a story..

I have an idea for a great movie....

It's about this farm girl with a little black dog...She lives in Kansas
and during a twister she falls, hits her head and dreams about going to Afghanistan to find Osama bin Laden.

On the way to Afghanistan she meet two robots named R2-D2 and C3PO. They go to an island where a mad scientist has grown dinosaurs and find out that Batman lives there too!!!

:rolleyes:

Samantha Puppy
12-02-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Ugh.

First,
LOL I just realized that this past weekend. I was singing "Vertigo" in the shower and started with the counting in the beginning and stopped and thought, "is that right?" So I recited the numbers in spanish... uno, dos, tres, cuatro, cinco, seis, siete, ocho, nueve, diez, once, doce, trece, CATORCE, quince... Then I started laughing because he says "One, two, three, FOURTEEN!" LOL

Glad someone else caught that. hehe

GraciesMommy
12-02-2004, 03:22 PM
Well here is one for ya........Nicole Kidman is going to be Samantha from Bewitched ! And Will Ferrell is going to be Darrin....it comes out in July...I bet that thrills ya, huh!?

momoffuzzyfaces
12-02-2004, 03:31 PM
And here I was, sad because they colorized the BLOB!:D

boscibo
12-02-2004, 03:32 PM
Ugh.

Then I start to sing, "You Just Keep Me Hanging On" by the Supremes....

:eek: :eek: I thought I was the only one who noticed that! I mentioned it to my BF one night after hearing it on the iPod commercial and he looked at me funny...I agree, Hollywood is running out of ideas.

RICHARD
12-02-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by GraciesMommy
Well here is one for ya........Nicole Kidman is going to be Samantha from Bewitched ! And Will Ferrell is going to be Darrin....it comes out in July...I bet that thrills ya, huh!?

Betcha a dollar that Mrs. Kravitz is going to be either Elizabeth Taylor, Robin Williams or Rosanne Barr..:rolleyes:
----------------------
Hey boscibo,

Are we THAT old????

-----------------------

MOFF,

The Blob was so much scarier when you didn't know what color he was......

I was afraid of Jello for the longest time....

cookieluver7
12-02-2004, 04:03 PM
I hate the U2 song vertigo too.

Cincy'sMom
12-02-2004, 08:13 PM
Ugh.

First,

I did the same thing!! I even asked Ralph if I was crazy or if they skipped all the numbers in between!

davidpizzica
12-03-2004, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
And here I was, sad because they colorized the BLOB!:D Connie, I hate to tell you this, but the Bob never was colorized it was always in color!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-03-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by david p
Connie, I hate to tell you this, but the Bob never was colorized it was always in color! I beg to differ.:D The original with Steve McQueen was in black and white. We saw it at the drive in for the first time. It was one of the first "monster" movies my parents let me see.

Maybe it was only in b&w in Kansas?:D
Like the wizard of oz - it started b&w and changed to color in oz!

smokey the elder
12-03-2004, 03:19 PM
I remember when I first saw the iPod commercial with U2 singing "uno, dos, tres, catorce" and wondering what language had a word for 4 which was the same as the Spanish word for 14?!:D ;) :p

RICHARD
12-03-2004, 03:50 PM
LOLOLOL.

Remember that when you go to a Mexican restaurant and try to order the "combination plate, numero cuatro"...;)