PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone here ever had lasik eye surgery done?

Palomino21
12-02-2004, 10:20 AM
Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone here have ever had lasik eye surgery done? Or anyone ever had PRK done or any other eye surgery? What were your experiences?

Annie

Buddy Blaze Lover
12-02-2004, 10:24 AM
Both of my parents had lasik eye surgery done, and they had great results!! Both see 20/20 (Dad actually sees 20/15!) and they said it was very worthwhile. Neither of them have regretted it at all! So yes, it's recommended from this household...is there anything in particular you want to know?

GraciesMommy
12-02-2004, 10:32 AM
MY Ex had it done when it first came out and he was happy with it. I have not had it done. But I wear tinted contacts and change up the colors all the time so just hadn't thought too much about having it done. If it is ever considered to where insurance will pay for it, then I might

Queen of Poop
12-02-2004, 10:41 AM
My husband had it almost 3 years ago. At first he was pleased with the results, but lately he says his vision is not as good as it was right after the surgery. He goes back for his 3 year check up in a couple of months so we will see what they say then.

Palomino21
12-02-2004, 10:56 AM
Buddy Blaze Lover,

Yeah there is another thing I am curious about. What kind of lasik surgery was it? My husband is leaning more towards intralasik or PRK. He is nearsighted.

Annie

Palomino21
12-02-2004, 10:57 AM
Queen of Poop,

What type of surgery was it?

Annie

Queen of Poop
12-02-2004, 12:18 PM
It was the PRK. I am curious to see if he needs to have it done again. That upcoming check up will be the tell all.

Buddy Blaze Lover
12-02-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Palomino21
Buddy Blaze Lover,

Yeah there is another thing I am curious about. What kind of lasik surgery was it? My husband is leaning more towards intralasik or PRK. He is nearsighted.

Annie

I'll get back to you on that after I ask my parents!;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-02-2004, 03:26 PM
My husband had eye surgery 4 years ago. A huge "swelling" on the lower eye-lid (sp??) got burned away.
One of my nephew had laser eye surgery 15 years ago. Before, he had a VERY bad eye-sight; it was almost impossible to make suitable lenses for him. After the surgery, he sight is spectacular! He just wears normal glasses. He is VERY happy he had this done!!

wolfsoul
12-02-2004, 03:31 PM
I'd really like to have this done one day. I'm so tired of the hassle of contacts and glasses.

For those who have had it or know someone who had it done, how much does the procedure cost? I'm assuming that Medical won't cover it, and I wouldn't be willing to spend that much.

cookieluver7
12-02-2004, 04:09 PM
Nope!:D

teenster3
12-02-2004, 11:18 PM
I just got new glasses a few days ago & the doctor I had, told me he had the procedure done as well, but still needs to wear glasses. What's the use in getting the surgery done if you still need glasses or contacts? He also told me that it's not only a 1 time deal. That in most cases you have to go back & get it done again.....is that right? Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to have it done. I've had glasses since 5th grade & am now 29, it stinks! I just don't know that I could afford to have it done, let alone another time if necessary!
TiNa:confused: