PDA

View Full Version : Beans is back home!

Uniqueviking
12-02-2004, 12:14 AM
Lookit her little urn. Isn't it sweet?! No bigger than my hand.

http://www.uniqueviking.com/Beans_urn.jpg

(I hope, I don't offend anybody by posting the picture - I know not everybody has the same view on death, and what is appropriate and what isn't in that regard).

We are all slowly adjusting to the Princess not being here anymore, but she is very much missed.

It's been 3 weeks now, and the other 4 furbabies are finally showing some signs of getting over the loss. Bownie was mourning big time. For 2 days she stayed in the exact same spot where Beans was laying before she was PTS.
Boomer was running aimlessly around and crrying and whining all the time.
Beddy Bear hid under the duvet and didn't want to interact with me or the others (she showed severe stress signs and I'm now using the Feliway diffuser) and Brynja turned up the brattiness a notch.

Like I said, things are better now... AND I've already been offered a new furbaby. Well, 2 to be exact. They're 8-10 week old kittens that desperately need a home..

I haven't decided yet. It's only been 3 weeks, and I think the other 4 need more time.

jenluckenbach
12-02-2004, 04:49 AM
What a very cute final resting place for Beans.

catmandu
12-02-2004, 08:42 AM
That is a fitting memorial,for a Dear Cat Beans,and we are just sorry,that the last batch,of Toys,got there too late,for her,to enjoy them.But she,is having Fun,in Egypt,with The Pet Angel Army.

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-02-2004, 10:10 AM
What a beautiful urn for Beans!! It is a great idea to give this urn a special place in your house!! Just be careful that the other cats (or kids) can not accidentally run over it and drop it...:eek:
R.I.P. Beans!!!

GraciesMommy
12-02-2004, 10:12 AM
Glad you are getting better. It takes a lot of time..only been one year for me since Mercedes was PTS and I am still adjusting..

catnapper
12-02-2004, 11:16 AM
Its a lovely urn. It definately needs a place of honor. Glad to hear that everyone is returning to normal and adjusting to her loss. She will never be replaced. {{{HUGS}}}

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-02-2004, 11:21 AM
I'm glad to hear everyone is slowly getting better. It's so sweet that you have her back home in her little urn. :)

I also think that two needy kittens would definitely get your mind off your grief. Kittens are good for that, and having two of them around, plus knowing that Brynja is still quite young and naw-tee.... But you know what is best for you, and I know you'll do what you are ready for.

{{{hugs}}}

mina'smomma
12-02-2004, 12:36 PM
It is a beautiful urn and a beautiful way to keep her with the family.

lynnestankard
12-02-2004, 01:04 PM
Aww Beans is home - RIP Little one xxxx

Lynne

catlady1945
12-02-2004, 03:11 PM
We have the same urn for our Patty, only in blue. I was going to bury it next to her friend, Ella, but we still have it in the house.