PDA

View Full Version : RIP sweet pup

Uabassoon
12-01-2004, 12:45 PM
The night before last someone left a dog in a cardboard box in front of the humane society. The temperature dropped below freezing and the poor pup didn't make it through the night. He was a 3 year old Corgi.

RIP sweet pup, I know that now you are in a better place. You'll no longer have to live through the freezing winter nights and the summer heat of the desert. You're going to know more love than you ever thought possible. I know up at the rainbow bridge you will meet a wonderful family who needs you as much as you need them. I'm sure you'll find a child to chase as I've never met a Corgi that didn't love playing with kids. I hope your old owner saw the news and I hope he is terrified that the police are looking for him. I hope the police find him and give him what he deserves. At least you now have a life better than you have ever known. No one will ever leave you in a cardboard box to freeze. Even though I never met you, you were loved. Have fun at the rainbow bridge!

GraciesMommy
12-01-2004, 12:47 PM
How sad..I dont understand people abandoning furkids/skinkids like garbage..but it happens all the time..unbelieveable!

stephanielcruz
12-01-2004, 12:59 PM
I'll never understand how people can be so cruel! There are so many organizations that would have taken the little guy in~ how sad:(

Uabassoon
12-01-2004, 12:59 PM
I've been updated on the story. The poor baby didn't freeze to death like the humane society had thought. I wonder if the owners saw the news report and confessed the actual story.

December 1, 2004 at 11:43AM MST
Corgi death not a result of freezing
We have new information on that dog left outside the Humane Society overnight.

The Southern Arizona Humane Society tells us it is not a case of animal cruelty.

The seven and a half year old corgi apparently suffered neurological problems and died Monday night at home with its family.

A family friend offered to take care of the dog's body. That's how it ended up on the Humane Society's doorstep.

The Humane Society does offer cremation services, so its believed that's why the friend took it there.

The family didn't know that's where the dog had been taken until the story appeared on the news.

http://www.kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=2635640&nav=HMO5TiY7

aly
12-01-2004, 01:23 PM
That is so sad :(

At least though he didn't die frozen in a box :( :( :(

It is bringing some awful memories back to me. My humane society does not offer cremation services, but a lot of people dump dead animals at our door. I was walking dogs early one morning in the field next to the shelter. On my way in with one of the dogs, I saw that someone had JUST come by and put the body of a dog at the doorstep :( Not even in a box :( It makes me so sad, mad, depressed, horrfied, etc etc etc.

pitc9
12-01-2004, 01:26 PM
How could people just leave animals around, like trash....:eek:
Even if the Corgi was going to be cremated... why on Earth would you leave him in a box on a door step??? Come on already ... have some class!!!

jazzcat
12-01-2004, 01:38 PM
I'm glad he didn't freeze to death but it's still sad. I'm sure the family wasn't happy with what happened.

robinh
12-01-2004, 01:42 PM
Last weekend, the shelter where I volunteer got a call at 6:30 in the morning that there were two boxes at the end of the driveway. When the staff got out there they found two of the sweetest cats - no names, no medical records, nothing else - just these two poor cats.

Evidently the cats had been under some stress since one had been so upset, he had licked the fur off his back legs. So their home life was not perfect, but jeez to put them in boxes and leave them out when the temp was scheduled to be down below freezing. It's a good thing the shelter has a staff person living on site or they might not have been found.

People never cease to amaze me with their cruelty to these loving animals.
:(

teenster3
12-02-2004, 11:33 PM
Oh no.....another story to make me cry over!:(
I hope Matthew doesn't come upstairs & see me like this. He always asks me; why on earth I read these things (about animal cruelty & such). Unfortunately, it is part of our lives people. I just wish we didn't need to witness those acts by such cold, inhumane, cruel, individuals! I REALLY wish this world could be a more "humane" place to live in!:confused:
TiNA

flamepony12
12-02-2004, 11:42 PM
thats so sad. :(:( I cant believe someone would do that. :( At least we know he's in a better place, and not freezing in a box. :( -weeps- :(