PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #83- By the Sea!!!

RICHARD
12-01-2004, 12:04 PM
Since we have had such a "pun" time with the fish thread, I thought a little trip to the beach might be in order.....

Bring a towel, sun screen and an umbrella.....

The DOTD's are

Beach Blanket Bingo

Equal parts of Cranberry & Grapefruit juice, Splash of Soda

Stir juices over ice in a Collins glass, top with soda, Garnish with a Lime wedge

-------------

Beachcomber

1 1/2 oz. Rum, 1/2 oz. each; Triple Sec & Lime juice

Shake with ice & Pour into a chilled cocktail glass

---------------

The Beach Warmer

3/4 oz. Chambord, 3/4 oz. Kahlua, Hot Chocolate

Stir in an Irish Coffee Mug.

:D

momoffuzzyfaces
12-01-2004, 12:24 PM
Are you going to be our life guard?

I will probably need one! I stepped on my own foot and fell Monday. Then when I turned the computer on today, it didn't load.
So, I tried again. Then I noticed the little green light on the monitor wasn't on. I turned the monitor on and it worked fine!

I've been playing a surfing video game this morning!
I got ate by a shark!!! :rolleyes:

I need a big cherry root beer!
Oh, and 4 catnip teas please!
I think I need training wheels too!:D

Corinna
12-01-2004, 12:27 PM
Will Annette and Frankie be joining us? I sure could use the warmth. Its 29 and snowing here.

davidpizzica
12-01-2004, 12:50 PM
Connie, did you ever have one of those days where NOTHING goes right? Especially getting eaten by a shark? I might warm myself with a beach warmer and a couple of catnip teas for the girls.

robinh
12-01-2004, 12:51 PM
I could sure use SEVERAL Beachcombers - tall ones! Having a really crappy day.

Why is it my fault when someone else forgets to do something?
:confused:

momoffuzzyfaces
12-01-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by david p
Connie, did you ever have one of those days where NOTHING goes right? Especially getting eaten by a shark? I might warm myself with a beach warmer and a couple of catnip teas for the girls. David, I seem to be having a WEEK like that!

Gosh, I hope Mario doesn't wear a bikini!
It would look awful with his diaper!:eek:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-01-2004, 01:01 PM
I'm with Robin, a couple of good tall strong Beach Combers here please.

MOFF, I don't think Mario would wear a bikini. A Speedo maybe, which is just as bad. ;) :D

It snowed here again last night. Not much, but enough for me to really appreciate the one grain of sand that somehow grows to buckets when it's time to clean out the car. Not to mention the sun and the ocean breeze that's blowing through my hair and making the palm trees rustle. Aaahhhh....what a life.....

Mario, can I please have the sun screen? No....wait....noooo...not in my hair Mario!!!

davidpizzica
12-01-2004, 01:01 PM
Connie, a one piece suit would look better on him. At least it will hide the diaper!! LOL!

RICHARD
12-01-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces

I need a big cherry root beer!
Oh, and 4 catnip teas please!
I think I need training wheels too!:D [/B]

Isn't it funny how much we depend on that little green light?

Cherry root beer and 4 CNTs.....Training wheels on a surfboard???

DONE!

Corrina,
Annette and Frankie!!! And a balmy 85 degrees...DONE!

David,

Beachwarmer and two CNTs...

DONE!

Robin,

Because you work in the same area????
Two beachcombers!! DONE!

MOFF,

Congrats on your milestone and no, Mario won't be wearing a bikini....I have some big baggy shorts for him....:p

Done!!!

wolflady
12-01-2004, 01:06 PM
Yum, I'll take a couple of those Beach Warmer's myself as I'm quite chilly. It will be just perfect before a trip to the beach!

Ahhhhh.....that's a Moray....:p

RICHARD
12-01-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by wolflady
Yum, I'll take a couple of those Beach Warmer's myself as I'm quite chilly. It will be just perfect before a trip to the beach!

Ahhhhh.....that's a Moray....:p

Oh, what an EELing.........

Two beachwarmers.....DONE!

T&P,
Two beachcombers!!! DONE!!

DONE

David,

I'm sorry but no one is dressing Mario up in a girl's swimsuit!!!!
:p

robinh
12-01-2004, 01:35 PM
Nope, the boss tells me to do one thing, then the supervisor tells me to do another and then they are upset at me. Or they'll tell me one thing today and tomorrow argue that's not what they said.

YIKES - make up your mind people!! Wish I could find another job that pays as well as this one - I'd be out of here like a shot!

lbaker
12-01-2004, 02:07 PM
I think we had enough pun-ishment with the fishy thing, I've been humming "Salmon chanted evening" for days now and I'm ready to wring someone whose name I won't mentions neck. just kidding dear heart! That beach warmer thingy sounds wooooonderful. An extra large if you please kind sir :cool:

catland
12-01-2004, 02:18 PM
I'll take a beachwarmer, barkeep. :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-01-2004, 02:27 PM
Another Beach Comber please. And I suggest everyone else stock up because after this post, you're going to need it. ;)

Just got an email that brought me back a few weeks to the Switzerland trip we took, and all the yodeling Gini was doing. I just had to share, so here you go. Oh, and if you're too young to be in a bar, please kindly skip to the next post without reading further in this one. ;)

It's said this is how yodeling began:

Many years ago a man was traveling through the
mountains of Switzerland.

Nightfall was rapidly approaching and he had
nowhere to sleep. He went up to a farmhouse
and asked the farmer if he could spend the night.

The farmer told him that he could sleep in the
barn.

As the story goes, the farmer's daughter came
down from upstairs and asked her father,
"Who's that man going into the barn?"

"That's some fellow traveling through," said the
farmer. "He needs a place to stay for the night,
so I said he could sleep in the barn."

The daughter said, "Perhaps he's hungry." So she
prepared him a plate of food and took it out to the barn.

About an hour later, the daughter returned, her
clothing disheveled and straw in her hair.
Straight up to bed she went.

The farmer's wife was very observant. She then
suggested that perhaps the man was thirsty.
So she fetched a bottle of wine, took it out to the
barn, and she too did not return for an hour.
Her clothing was askew, her blouse buttoned
incorrectly and her hair all messed up. She also
headed straight to bed.

The next morning at sunrise the man in the barn
got up and continued on his journey, waving to
the farmer as he left.

When the daughter awoke and learned that the
visitor was gone, she broke into tears.
"How could he leave without even saying goodbye,
" she cried. "We made such passionate love last night!"

"What?" shouted the father as he angrily ran out
of the house looking for the man who, by now,
was halfway up the mountain.

The farmer screamed up at him, "I'm going to get
you! You had sex with my daughter!"

The man looked back down from the mountainside,
cupped his hand next to his mouth, and yelled out:

"LAIDTHEOLELADEETOO."

slick
12-01-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
I've been humming "Salmon chanted evening" for days now and I'm ready to wring someone whose name I won't mentions neck. just kidding dear heart!
;) :D
Who wants to help me build a sandcastle??? I've got 5 pales and shovels up for crabs....oops I mean grabs.:D
All I want is a tall glass if iced tea please. Why do they keep those malls at 100 degrees??? By 11am there were baby buggies pushing me from side to side and kids running all over H's half acres, and what did I accomplish this morning?? Nothing. Nada. Diddly squat. So I need some beverage therapy please.

lbaker
12-01-2004, 02:40 PM
OH T&P'S MOM :D :D If I had a groan-out-loud icon I would use it here. That is wickedly pathetic. Slick, why do you punish yourself by going to malls? YUCK. I thought for sure you had been hand crafting exquisite individual gifts for each of us for months now. In all your spare time of course :rolleyes: ;) :p How about some boardwalk fries for an afternoon snack?

slick
12-01-2004, 02:45 PM
I thought for sure you had been hand crafting exquisite individual gifts for each of us for months now.
Like I said before...the Bailey's is unshippable......:D :p

RICHARD
12-01-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by robinh

YIKES - make up your mind people!! Wish I could find another job that pays as well as this one - I'd be out of here like a shot!

Notre Dame is looking for a football coach....:confused:

Laurie,

XL Beachwarmer...DONE!

Boardwalk fries.......With season salt and some ketchup!!

Catland,

Beachwarmer...DONE!

T&P...

Darn hadn't laughed that hard for a while! THANKS

Slick,

Iced Tea.....I'll help you.....DONE!

robinh
12-01-2004, 03:32 PM
Darn, wish I liked football. I know I'm pretty bossy, but that may just be a little over my head. :D

mina'smomma
12-01-2004, 03:41 PM
I could sure use SEVERAL Beachcombers - tall ones! Having a really crappy day.

Why is it my fault when someone else forgets to do something?
:confused:

Your day sounds like mine Robin. Get blamed for other people's stupidity.

Corinna
12-01-2004, 03:52 PM
Hey any one want to get some fresh fish and chips from the cart vender? I'll take an Ice tea, any one seen my beach hat . this skin hasn't seen this much sun in years. the ocean smell oh how I have missed that oh look guys some orcas playing out in the bay. Thats Gods beauty.

davidpizzica
12-01-2004, 04:01 PM
Corinna, I'll take you up on those fish & chips! Are you sure those are orcas??

Corinna
12-01-2004, 04:23 PM
I'm sure hoping cuz I haven't see live ones for about ten years not many in Montana . They are what I miss most from the coast. I used to go out to my brothers on Orcas Island and watch from his porch. Not like my 1st encounter I was 8 months pregnant and hubby was building a house on the island I spent the weekend . We went out in the bosses canoe and one came up to the canoe and with out thinking I just reached out and touched it. It was so cool she was so freindly let me stroke her for about 5 mintues then she just sunk down and away. It wasn't til I got on shore that I relised what I had done and I started frecking out. Didn't tell my mom for a couple years later. It was just so cool.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-01-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Slick,
Iced Tea.....I'll help you.....DONE!

Oh, oh, how many PT'ers does it take to make iced tea? ;) :D

I'll pass on the fish and chips, Corinna, but a good old hot dog will do - make it "Chicago style." :D

Oh, and another Beach Comber - to go. I'm almost otta here! :D

Killearn Kitties
12-01-2004, 04:33 PM
Oh, can I have one of those beachcomer's please? I'm so glad I came to the beach, away from that horrible foggy night at home! Too many more of those fishy puns though, and I'm going home! :D :D

zippy-kat
12-01-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Oh, oh, how many PT'ers does it take to make iced tea? ;) :D

Probably about the same amount it takes to make lemonaide!
(Anyone remember that post?)

Ok, guys... load me up...
In 15 minutes, I have a presentation over a final I have yet to write! :eek:

Here's to winging it! :o :D

(But really... does it make sense to have a presentation before the paper's even due?! geez... let me teach the class! lol)

RICHARD
12-01-2004, 05:49 PM
Darn, wish I liked football. I know I'm pretty bossy, but that may just be a little over my head. :D

Ya never know until you try!:D

Minasmomma,

Welcome to our little slice of insanity....If you have any questions please ask - but there is one requirement for membership....one clean joke!!!!

This is a cyberbar, you can order anything you want, or watch us make fools of ourselves!!!

Corinna,

I am sooo jealous of you!

And I'll have some fish and chips with you!!

T&P,

a beachcomber?

DONE!

KK,

A beachcomber!!! DONE!

Hey Zipster,

Team Lemonade should start practicing around March..
Consider yourself loaded!!!:eek:

Good Luck on your presentation....

DONE!

slick
12-01-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
Probably about the same amount it takes to make lemonaide!
(Anyone remember that post?)
Or...about the same amount it takes to make Richard breakfast ;) :D

Good luck Zippy....let us know know it goes. When making a presentation, it's best to visualize the audience nikked....at least that's what I was told. :eek: ;)

gini
12-01-2004, 06:53 PM
So we are into lemonade and yodeling and Laurie is still humming something about a Salmon.

Yup, that was me - yodeling to that guy who stopped by the farm house. Guess I didn't yodel good enough for him!:D :D

I think we need to start a general Pet Talk manual. It could include how to make lemonade (get four Pet Talkers)............

and how to yodel

and how to start an extremely successful bar...............

and how to keep a monkey happy at all times (and dry)

It is colder than a witches broom out here (yeah, sorry, when it hits the 40's we all curl up and die in California).

Did we make Richard breakfast? Oh, yeah, guess we did.

Richard a tall, big, huge, excellent, BEACHCOMBER for me too.
(about 6' - tanned - muscular - some money - good looking).

KYS
12-01-2004, 07:15 PM
It's pretty cold my way.
I think I will bring my electric blanket along
and my binocullars. ;)

I'll take anything warm right now. hehehe

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-01-2004, 07:34 PM
Kys, you might want to leave the binoculars at home. I'm not sure there's anything in this bar that you would want to see that close up - especially in the lost and found. :p ;)

Oops, forgot we were at the beach. Terry has these really cool flip flops that have a palm tree in the sole, so when he walks in the damp sand he leaves a trail of palm trees behind. ;)

I'm home now, so rack up the beachcombers please.

Good luck Zippy.

Gini, funny that you should mention writing a Thursdays manual. Isn't that exactly what Zippy is going to school for? She'd have to do a lot of research....

Can you imagine having to do your thesis on Thursdays?:eek: :D

slick
12-01-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Can you imagine having to do your thesis on Thursdays?:eek: :D
"Thesis" how we do Thursdays. You arrive, order a drink, sit down and share the company of good friends. :D :D

Corinna
12-01-2004, 11:49 PM
Hahahahaha:) Slick Glad your back being yourself. Did I ever tell you how much fun I had with you in Washington . I sure ment to but with my car problem I wasn't quite my self.
I did have a wonderful time.

luckies4me
12-01-2004, 11:54 PM
I'll take a DOTD, and maybe some of those fish and chips too! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-02-2004, 09:36 AM
Where is everybody? It's a beautiful morning on the beach. Sunrise was beautiful and the gentle ocean breezes are blowing already. Just got back for a walk in the sand and I'm heading for a shower to get this sunscreen out of my hair, and to try and get some of the sand off. How is it that one teeny tiny grain of sand can multiply so quickly and spread like wildfire? :confused:

I'm putting the coffee on so it's ready when I'm done in the shower, so if anybody wants some, feel free to help yourselves. I think then I'll get out some fresh fruit and toast for breakfast. Amazing how being on a beach makes you want to eat healthier. ;)

slick
12-02-2004, 09:50 AM
Good morning Debbie....**yawn** Just hauled myself outta bed...I love being on vacation. None of this 6:30am stuff.
I'll just take an orange juice for now thanks. Yeah, don't you hate getting all the sand up your...well....have a good shower. :)

Did I ever tell you how much fun I had with you in Washington
Thanks Corinna. It was a good time wasn't it? Next time...hot tubbin'.:D
Cass: sorry I missed you last night. I was busy and didn't check in until really late.
Gini: 40's?? Yesterday I sure got some looks. It was sunny and cold, around 37 and here I was wandering around shopping wearing shorts and a sweatshirt. Hey unless there is snow on the ground, you can always find me in shorts. :D :D

lbaker
12-02-2004, 10:11 AM
Eating healthier, yes.. unless you start to smell the boardwalk junk food! Salt water taffy, caramel popcorn, hotdogs, boardwalk fries with vinager. Boy oh boy. That's why I try to go to more deserted beaches so I can just walk quietly along the shore. Then I want to fill up on steamed clams with butter (not terrible healthy with all the butter I guess) and MORE SEAFOOD :cool:

RICHARD
12-02-2004, 11:27 AM
Richard a tall, big, huge, excellent, BEACHCOMBER for me too.
(about 6' - tanned - muscular - some money - good looking). [/B]

What do I know about good looking men??:confused:

KYS,
How's about hot chocolate??

DONE?

T&P,

Beachcomber for you! Thanks for the breakfast!
DONE!

Slick,
you are punny!!!

L4M
Fish and chips and a DOTD...DONE!

Laurie....
Did you say steamed clams????:D

Did everyone notice KYS' designer avatar?:cool:

lbaker
12-02-2004, 11:37 AM
OH WOW, KYS... that's terrific! Thanks for pointing that out Richard, I didn't even notice at first :o Could I have another drink please while I gather up some driftwood for a bonfire. We can roast marshmallows later on. Speaking of marshmallows, where's the little fuzzy charmer? Not you Davidp, Mario! Can't he find his water-wings??

Corinna
12-02-2004, 11:42 AM
Hey good morning I brought the CD player thought we could show these youngsters around here a few moves and GOOD music . I'll start with beach boys . post what you want played next we'll get a play list going. "Good vibrations""

davidpizzica
12-02-2004, 11:51 AM
OH WOW, KYS... that's terrific! Thanks for pointing that out Richard, I didn't even notice at first :o Could I have another drink please while I gather up some driftwood for a bonfire. We can roast marshmallows later on. Speaking of marshmallows, where's the little fuzzy charmer? Not you Davidp, Mario! Can't he find his water-wings?? Aw, shucks, Laurie! (turns five shades of red!) Anyhow, let me give ou a hand with the driftwood.

momoffuzzyfaces
12-02-2004, 12:40 PM
Hi, everyone!

Could I get a big cherry limeade and 4 iced catnip teas?

We'll split an order of fish and chips: the cats can have the fish, I'll take the chips.

I saw Mario surfing a bit ago! He can really hang ten!:D

lbaker
12-02-2004, 12:45 PM
I bet he cheats by using his tail :eek:

RICHARD
12-02-2004, 12:49 PM
Hi, everyone!

Could I get a big cherry limeade and 4 iced catnip teas?

We'll split an order of fish and chips: the cats can have the fish, I'll take the chips.

I saw Mario surfing a bit ago! He can really hang ten!:D

LOL,

Mario's been practicing..on the tray in the jacuzzi and when we were using the wheelbarrow last week!

Gnarly, dude!!!

Cherry limeade and 4 CNTs, fish and chips.....DONE!
---------------------------

Good, good good good vibrations........:D

Dang, I really can frug!!!!

--------------------------

Refill for Laurie......DONE!

lynnestankard
12-02-2004, 12:58 PM
~~Hi All~~

Can I smell Fish n' Chips??? Oh lovely think I'll try some and a Beachcomber. Eating healthy???? Noooooo I'll pass I think!! :D

Hey Connie can I get you that order of drinks - just read you've clocked up the big 6,000 - whats up sweethearft - not talking too much lately!!!!:D :D :D :D

Oh if it's the Beach Boys how about 'God only Knows'?

Mario - your a bit on the wet side love - and where on earth are your shorts? Ahhh right you lost them when the big one struck - I'll go and have a look in L & F for spare pair - feeling brave tonight!!

Lynne

momoffuzzyfaces
12-02-2004, 01:25 PM
Hi, Lynne!
I ran errands this morning, so am tired. I be gabbing non-stop again soon!

Good luck in the L&F! We will send a search party if you are not back in an hour! Take Mario with you, he can always find the door!

slick
12-02-2004, 02:44 PM
Hey everyone...just logging on for a bit before I head out again. I'm not "malling" today thank goodness.

Nice to see you here Lynne. I guess hubby got home OK and you are enjoying some time together.

MOFF, thanks for the PM. I'll respond in a minute. I'm trying to upload a picture of some onion rings I took down in Seattle when I met Corinna but Imagestation isn't cooperating with me, so trying to attach the file for you. Hope it works.

Will someone please take a load of Gini and tell her not to work so hard. I'm sure she could use a slushy or three by now.

Richard, a DOTD please and are you going to be Santa again this year?? If so, better line that lap with plastic before Mario jumps up...:eek: :D

momoffuzzyfaces
12-02-2004, 03:13 PM
Slick, thanks for th PM and the onion rings.

They look yummy! Pass the ketchup, please?

Oh, I need another Cherry limeade too, please?

I bet Mario's Christmas list is a mile long. I hope other's don't mind the wait. He will occupy Santa for quite a while!
:)

davidpizzica
12-02-2004, 03:25 PM
Connie, I'll take an order of those onin rings, too! And a beachwarmer. I wonder if Lynne needs some protection in the L & F!!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-02-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by david p
Connie, I'll take an order of those onin rings, too! And a beachwarmer. I wonder if Lynne needs some protection in the L & F!! Onion rings on the way!

You might want to poke your head in the L&F and give a holler!

Lynne is in there with Mario, after all! Help is probably needed!:D

RICHARD
12-02-2004, 03:48 PM
Onion rings on the way!

You might want to poke your head in the L&F and give a holler!

Lynne is in there with Mario, after all! Help is probably needed!:D

LOLOLOL,

She propped the door open and I saw Mario kick the stopper out of the way and start to make 'monster noises'!

I think they'll be o.k.......

Lynne,
God only knows, fish and chips and a DOTD!!

DONE!

MOFF,

You know that Cherry Limeade, Onion Rings and Cat Nip Tea are triggers that immediately make us think of you!
DONE!

Ask Gini....Last July I whined until we stopped for some!!!
I think she's deaf out of her right ear!:eek:

David,

Here's your drink and should you walk in look above your head....Mario has the habit of swishing his tail on your head to make you think something landed on you.....:)

DONE!

zippy-kat
12-02-2004, 06:06 PM
Ask Gini....Last July I whined until we stopped for some!!!

Yeah... he whined AFTER we stopped for them, too... actually, I can't remember when he wasn't whining. :p

And, yep Debbie - that's what I'm goin' to school for!

slick
12-02-2004, 06:47 PM
Zip....how did the presentation go??

Richard, whine????? Never....:D :p

I'll never look at another onion ring again without thinking of MOFF and Thursdays. ;)

Corinna
12-02-2004, 06:55 PM
Hey I remember those onion rings. That was such a fun day with Jenifer, ruby mutt, and veegan. I'm not so sure about the waitress thinking some of us were related!!:D
Come on folks lets choose some beach music here. Any group or song. Please pass the fish and chips. This warm is great . Hubby and I went to the park and took our annual x-mas pics. it was snowing. I'll post a couple later so you can help me decide which one goes on the card.

RICHARD
12-02-2004, 07:23 PM
Hotel offers £5,000 cocktail

A New York hotel is offering a £5,000 martini cocktail - containing a real diamond.

The Algonquin Hotel admits the vodka, vermouth and olives are much the same as in any martini.

But the twist lies in the 'ice' - a diamond from the hotel's in-house jeweler, the Daily News reported.

The hotel has not yet sold a single 'Martini on the Rock' but general manager Anthony Melchiorri is still hopeful.

He told the newspaper that he was hoping to catch some wealthy suitors looking for a unique way to propose marriage.

The cocktail, with the diamond nestling in the bottom of the glass, must be ordered three days in advance and the final price varies according to the size and quality of the diamond.

:eek:

Well you wont see one of those at Thursday's!!

gini
12-02-2004, 07:37 PM
I know, I am no fun.............and I am sorry.

The last couple of days have been like this - is the moon still full?
Full of what is what I would like to know!:D

Didya notice - I swiped some of MOFF's onion rings - grabbed somebody elses brand new drink - and off I go..............

Some people are going to be really mad at me:eek: :eek:

RICHARD was the one that wanted onion rings in July???
Seems to me I recall a chorus coming from the back seat that said

TURN RIGHT HERE.............into JACK IN THE BOX!

Deaf? I just tried - didn't work:cool:

zippy-kat
12-02-2004, 08:32 PM
Hi, Slick -
My presentation went well... I won the (proverbial) award but they're not sure which one. lol (They're debating between most unique, most grotesque, most _?_. lol) All in good fun, of course.

Wow... next week is finals for me. Busy, busy, busy!
Hey T&P's Mom, how ya holdin' up? When are you gonna be through with the semester? Good luck!

Here's a toast:
May K'Cee *NOT* earn a wildkat sticker at the vet tomorrow!
(Last year after they um... withdrew ... the thermometer, she turned around and hit 'em! :eek: :D )

slick
12-02-2004, 08:53 PM
Gini, I sure hope it's just work that's keeping you away. :( You know where I am if you need to blow off some steam.
Back seat??? What back seat?? Who??? :eek: :D

Zip, how about telling us what the presentation was about? You're an award winner in my book. Good luck K'Cee, or should I say good luck whitecoats.

Richard, typical man....attracted to shiney things even in stories....:D :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-02-2004, 09:01 PM
Wow... next week is finals for me. Busy, busy, busy!
Hey T&P's Mom, how ya holdin' up? When are you gonna be through with the semester? Good luck!

Finals for me are the week after yours, the week of the 13th. Then a whole 2 weeks off of school - and work! Woo hoo! I don't think I'll know how to act! :D But for now my code is not working and I'm about ready to throw this durn computer out the window! Thanks to Pet Talk and Thursdays my computer may just live another day (not to mention my wallet not needing to buy a new one right now). :D Good luck to you too! :D

You guys, I'm worried, Lynne and Mario went into the lost and found HOURS ago, and we haven't seen or heard hide nor hair since. :eek: Wonder if she found one of those haz-mat guys still hanging out in there? Oh wait, that was Slick that was looking for the haz-mat guys.....;)

I'll take one of those green smoothies...oh wait, is the bartender still on or are we helping ourselves?

slick
12-02-2004, 09:20 PM
Hi Debbie....not sure if the barkeep is working or now so sit down and I'll do my best to fix you one or three.:) Sorry, can't help you on the code. The only code I know is a "code in the noze". :D

Haven't seen Mario or Lynne anywhere and I checked the L & F and there's no one there. Of course, Lynne has an excuse not to hang around here....;)

zippy-kat
12-02-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by slick
Zip, how about telling us what the presentation was about? You're an award winner in my book. Good luck K'Cee, or should I say good luck whitecoats.

Aww, thanks slick.
For my final, I'm investigating “self-inflicted”/voluntary disabilities, particularly apotemnophilia (an attraction to the idea of being an amputee) and whether this attraction/practice is a “created illness,” much like a body dysmorphic disorder (BDD), or a product of contemporary body art/modification.

T&P
Two wks off from work too? You lucky duck! :)

luckies4me
12-02-2004, 09:39 PM
Someone PLEASE get me drunk! I need alcohol stat! :(

slick
12-02-2004, 09:45 PM
Zip....Wow....that's all I can say is.......Wow....

L4M: One double slushy, DONE! Drink slowly otherwise you'll get a brain freeze.:D

luckies4me
12-02-2004, 09:59 PM
Thanks slick, you are the best!

Corinna
12-02-2004, 11:26 PM
Hey I want to purpose a toast to Donna she got the job. Davidp just posted a thread about it. Way to go girl . We knew you would get it worked out. To (raises glass) Donna enjoy your new job!

luckies4me
12-03-2004, 12:12 AM
YAY, things are looking better! :D

gini
12-03-2004, 01:12 AM
There is always light at the end of the tunnel!

Night all, I will snag another drink from somebody --- oh thanks, Slick, I didn't have to steal one this time.....................

Hugs to you all.

Gini

lynnestankard
12-03-2004, 04:42 AM
What the ^%$&£!!!

I'm not going into L & F again - ever!! I was still there Slick when you poked your head in - I was the strange noise whimpering in the corner!
Mario decided he wanted to wear a dress!! HOW on earth did a dress end up in L & F - oh I don't want to know!!
Has anyone every tried to remove a monkey from a dress??? Don't!:eek: :eek:
I'd rather not go through an explanation - I'm just traumatised!!
Anyway I did find some shorts and a nice t-shirt - things were improving I thought - until Mario put the shorts on his head and tried to step into the t-shirt!! You know what he's like when he decides he looks sweet - took ages to get his clothing re-arranged into something like decent.
Then of course he'd kicked the stopper out of the way and the door was shut - WHY is that door so heavy??

So........................................please, please, please could I have a double please Richard?

Zippy -"For my final, I'm investigating “self-inflicted”/voluntary disabilities, particularly apotemnophilia (an attraction to the idea of being an amputee) and whether this attraction/practice is a “created illness,” much like a body dysmorphic disorder (BDD), or a product of contemporary body art/modification."

Right............of course you are.........................are you???????????? Totally impressed and gobsmacked here!!
He he he he!!

Oooooh I spy onion rings - can I help myself MOFF? Thanks **slurp** **slurp**

Lynne

lbaker
12-03-2004, 07:12 AM
Zipster...re: your thesis.. HUH? :confused: ;) I remember the backseat in LA.. I remember hearing "are we there yet? are we there yet? I have to go potty" I also remember a certain "BIG DADDY" telling us kids * kids? * to behave :rolleyes: And stopping in an alley in view of some "House of Porn" to take pictures. Why you ask? Why not? With THAT being said, another DOTD please (those are GOOD!) I found some very ripe bananas in the kitchen (they've been hidden from Mario) so I'm about to start some banana bread. Very good with coffee and Kahlua, or Bailey's, or a nice cold glass of milk. YES children, we do have milk at Thursdays ;) Lynne, you win the bravery award of the week, but.. um, maybe you would like to wash up a bit? Nothing personal mind you ;)

zippy-kat
12-03-2004, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by gini
There is always light at the end of the tunnel!

I'm having a Disney moment here... anyone remember "It's a Bug's Life" ...

"Harry! Don't go towards the light!"
"I can't help it. It's... just... soooooo... beautiful..."
~*ZAP*~

(bug zapper got 'em)

Laurie! lol
It was the Erotic Museum. Remember the mattresses out back? :o

Gini, Lynne - Glad to see you both back. :)

lbaker
12-03-2004, 08:11 AM
House of Porn, Erotic Museum... yes sir those LA party-givers really know how to hold a BBQ don't they. HEY, don't everyone get their shorts in a knot... you just had to be there. We really were a bunch of innocents in the big city :rolleyes: * yeah, right *

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-03-2004, 09:32 AM
Zipster...re: your thesis.. HUH? :confused: ;)

Ditto! Way to make me feel like a dumb blonde - and I'm not the blonde one here! ;) :D And here I'm complaining because I can't get the program to validate the form before submitting it. Geeze, sometimes you have to remember to count your blessings. ;) :D

Lynne! You made it out! We were worried, but I have to agree with Laurie....nothing personal....but the shower is that way ---> Oh, and take Mario with you too. ;)

As for the erotic museum and onion rings....all I've got to say to that is I am SO there next year!

Thanks for the slushie last night, Slick, computer wasn't cooperating so I punished it and shut it down. :p This morning I'm just going to start with a good old 32 oz coke in a cup with ice - just like McDonalds. Which reminds me, I heard that women who drink more than 1 soda a week are more likely to develop diabetes than women who drink 1 or less a week. That, along with diabetes being in my family, isn't a good thing. WHY can't I quit drinking this stuff!? :confused: :mad: :rolleyes:

slick
12-03-2004, 10:16 AM
Good Friday morning everyone. Didn't sleep too well last night and just rolled out of the sack. Not quite awake enough to keep up with the conversation....but if someone is poring, I'll take a stiff one please, before I hit the shopping mall again. :D

Zip..should I "dig" out the Dizzy pics again....there's a great one of Laurie's mattress.

gini
12-03-2004, 11:07 AM
Oh, I was just "dying" to get in here this morning. I was in such a grumpy mood yesterday - I swiped drinks and onion rings. Will you all forgive me? Slick? I know you made that drink for Zip or Laurie and I just swiped it. It was not nice of me to do that.

Mattresses.........lurkers won't have a clue what we are talking about.........but there are many laughs behind all of the mattresses we saw on the streets of L.A. I still see a lot of them and I cannot spot them without breaking into laughter and then thinking about Laurie. (I am collecting all of them for you, Laurie, so next year you can take your pick). Gini's BBQ - we can sleep 24 - guaranteed fresh air - (the lawn) and never a dull moment.

The only requirement is that you must know how to make lemonade!

How could we leave Lynne in the L&F that long? Maybe we should install some kind of alarm in there so people can set it off to let us know they are in trouble. Don't show Mario how it works though!

I think I need to call Slick in person and apologize for my bad behavior!;) :p

lbaker
12-03-2004, 11:36 AM
Could that have been Mario and his wife? Nah, I guess you would have remembered if you had ever met Mario before he showed up here last January :rolleyes: Imagine that... Mario's anniversary is coming up next month! :D :D :D

(To those of you who don't know, Mario is a widower. His wife used to be in the circus and was a charmer, like Mario)

RICHARD
12-03-2004, 11:39 AM
Look at this...I leave you with diamonds and return to empty glasses and abandon mattresses!:D

Lynne,

A double and the Legion of the L&F award...

DONE!

T&P
I understood everything Zip said.....THAT'S SCARY!!

Yes Virginia,
There IS and EROTIC MUSEUM!!

Corrina,

Yes a toast is in order!!

To work, Paychecks and April 15th (TAX DAY IN THE USA!)

Slick, Thank you for tending bar!

L4M,

The world always looks better thru the bottom of a slushy glass!

Lynne,
Now where's David???? Didn't you see him?

Don't worry Gini. Everyone has days like that....Mine all all year round!

Zip, what's it like to be young???

I'll have to post one more thread and get back to work...:(

lynnestankard
12-03-2004, 12:26 PM
Right that's me and the MarioMeister cleaned up - oh Richard don't tell me David's in there - can we prop the door open and SHOUT LOUDLY!!!!

D'you know Laurie I nevr knew that our Mario was a widower - poor lad xxx

Oh Corinna - such good news regarding Donna's job - is she still having computer trouble? I'll owe her a drink then.

'House of Porn'.........................'Erotic Museum'...............what have I missed?????

Lynne

davidpizzica
12-03-2004, 12:37 PM
H E L P!!! PROP THE DOOR OPEN! When was the last we cleaned the L &F?? Gotta get to the showers!!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-03-2004, 01:01 PM
Gosh, Lynne, good to see you out of the L&F.

You can help yourself to my onion rings anytime. All of you can.
Mom taught me to share! :D

Well, Mario, you are all squeaky clean. Just out of the shower, eh?
Try to stay clean for at least 10 minutes, ok?

Great news about Donna's job! I know she must be so relieved!

I'll spring for the next round!:D

trayi52
12-03-2004, 01:25 PM
Hi everyone *waves*

Thought I would drop in and see what everybody was up to! Mario sure is dressed up today. Heard he gave Lynne quite a scare in the lost and found! That boy will try anything, believe me it is hard to dress that boy in real clothes. Especially when you gotta make room for that tail!

I have been crocheting some Ponchos for Chantel, my Grand-daughter, so I have been sooo busy!

So Mario has a anniversary coming up? That should be fun!

I think I'll take a beer, and let Mario have one too.

Hope everyone is doing okay today.

Willie :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-03-2004, 01:49 PM
Hi Willie. Does Mario really drink beer? Just curious 'cause I know he's always getting them here at Thursdays, but I just wondered about in real life.

I'm dying here guys. Every year we send out calendars to our customers. In the past, my boss's daughters always did the stuffing and stamping. Well, this year I guess now that they're getting older, they're just too busy, and the $.25 a calendar he paid them isn't as appealing as it used to be, so I'm stuck doing it - ugh! Almost 600 calendars I have to stuff a smaller calendar into, put the label on it, stamp it, stamp our return address on, then seal it. I've been at it all morning and I'm only half done.

Calgon - please take me away!

Oh, and I guess the only good news is I don't have to lick the stamps or the envelopes. If I did, well, I guess I'd just have to quit. :rolleyes:

How about one of those green slushies to help me through this?

David, I think it's been awhile since the L & F was cleaned. Remember the haz-mat guys were here for that?

trayi52
12-03-2004, 02:05 PM
Hehehe, he has had a drink of beer before! But he really likes Mellow Yellows best! Those he will steal before you can blink your eyes! You would be surprised at the things he likes to eat!

I don't know what he would do if he drank a whole beer! He probably would swing from the rafters for certain!! You really should see him climb a pole, and uses his tail like a fourth arm. Very strong tail! Been kind of cold here of a night and he has been spending his nights in his nice little warm house, but he stays out all day, when the sun is shining.

Maybe we could mix a mellow yellow with something for him?

Willie:D

luckies4me
12-03-2004, 02:13 PM
Happy Birthday to me! :D

Heh, today better be better than last night. I don't have anything to do today so I am going to go buy myself a cake! And maybe even make some brownies, hehe.

Hrm, anyone making breakfast?

lbaker
12-03-2004, 02:28 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Only watch out for the balloons..sometimes Mario fills them with water for a surprise :eek: Little late for breakfast here on the East Coast but there's banana bread left and always fruit. Why I bet I could whip up some potato pancakes with sour cream and applesauce too! Pull up a barstool and rest a spell. What would you like to drink birthday babe ;)

RICHARD
12-03-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
'House of Porn'.........................'Erotic Museum'...............what have I missed?????

Lynne

;)

David...

Sorry about that!:eek:

MOFF,

Thank you for cleaning up Mario.....

Hi tray,

Two beers coming up!!!
I like your siggy.... An idea for next year????

"I wish you a Mari-o Christmas"???:D

Mello Yellow....Will he go as fast as Tom Cruise???

DONE!

L4M
Happy Birthday....

Let's see.......sausage, eggs, bacon, toast, juice and fruit....

I've got a cake in the oven for later....

DONE!

T&P
Slushy...DONE!

zippy-kat
12-03-2004, 04:10 PM
Hey guys...

Popping on for a bit before I take the beloved Kissiekat for her V-E-T appointment.

I forgot to tell ya'll...
Last Sunday afternoon, something happened to our work satellite (I've heard 3 different tales... 1. an asteroid hit it, 2. an electrical malfunction, 3. it was lost in orbit).
The end result? 10,000 offices in the US and Canada were without communication to headquarters (St. Louis) and the Stock Exchange. Crazy, huh?

We're still not up and running yet. Makes for a slow (read: boring) week!

Think I'll save my drink for after the vet appointment.... I may really need it... never can tell what Miz Attitude is going to do. :D

Happy Burstday, Cass -- slip me a cupcake! ;)

RICHARD
12-03-2004, 04:24 PM
Hey guys...

I forgot to tell ya'll...
Last Sunday afternoon, something happened to our work satellite (I've heard 3 different tales... 1. an asteroid hit it, 2. an electrical malfunction, 3. it was lost in orbit).
The end result? 10,000 offices in the US and Canada were without communication to headquarters (St. Louis) and the Stock Exchange. Crazy, huh?

We're still not up and running yet. Makes for a slow (read: boring) week!

That would make a great movie....

Aliens come to earth in HUGE spaceships that circle the globe....

Zippy figures out the they are using OUR satellites against us!!

She calls the president, let's see......Bill Pullman could play that part!

And convinces him to leave the White House before the invaders smash it to bits, they all go to Area 51.....naw, that won't work.....

Will Smith can play the Marine pilot that helps blowup the aliens with the program that Zippy writes during her down time at work!

In the end the alien's ships blow up and the Earth is saved!
;)
---------------------------

Hey Miz Attitiude,

I know that thermometer thing feels like.....I'd snap too!!!

lynnestankard
12-03-2004, 05:12 PM
Richard - keep working on that script - it would make a so-so film!! But don't give up the day job!!:D

Cass -Happy Birthday to You!!!! - ooohh brownies!!

Zippy - Hope all went well with 'Miz Attitude' and the vet. Fingers crossed.

Time for bed on this side of the ocean - goodnight everyone xx

Lynne

davidpizzica
12-03-2004, 05:51 PM
I really hate to disagree with you, but I looked up the Blob on the Internet Movie Database and it said that The Blob was filmed in color by Deluxe!

Corinna
12-04-2004, 01:09 AM
I hate to correct you david but the 1st blob was a b&w . a remake was done later. and then again in the 70-80's I don't remember when as I love old b&w movies the cheesier the better. I love B grade movies too. So every one knows I'm strange.

lynnestankard
12-04-2004, 12:25 PM
Yep Corinna - the version I saw was Black and White. Scared me to death too!!!! I was much too young!

Lynne

momoffuzzyfaces
12-04-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
I hate to correct you david but the 1st blob was a b&w . a remake was done later. and then again in the 70-80's I don't remember when as I love old b&w movies the cheesier the better. I love B grade movies too. So every one knows I'm strange. The original that I saw was released in 1958. I'm sure it was b&w. There was also the "Son of Blob". That one was in color. The original was remade in 1988, I think.

There were an entire series of b&w movies that I love from that time: The Blob, The Thing, Them, The Day the Earth Stood Still and more I can't remember the names of.

I was 7 when I first saw The Blob. We were at the drive in. I kept looking at the sky afraid a UFO was going to land next to our 1955 Chevy!:D

davidpizzica
12-04-2004, 03:31 PM
Connie, I watched the tape again today, and I think it's colorized! I was going by what it said on the box "color by deluxe" And I still love the opening theme music! You forgot to mention "The Attack of the 50ft. Woman"!

lbaker
12-04-2004, 03:53 PM
"The Thing" wasn't that one about this "Thing" in Alaska or someplace where there was an Arctic post with huskies. "THE THING" was ... get this, James Arness in his first big film. They wanted John Wayne but he turned it down but suggested his friend, James Arness. When John Wayne won his first award it was James Arness that gave it to him. John said "thanks to the only man in Hollywood bigger than me". James Arness replied "..in size maybe, not in heart". I was watching that night and will never forget it. I cried

davidpizzica
12-04-2004, 04:37 PM
Laurie, you're right about "The Thing" It was James Arness's first role. I believe it came out in 1951. And it was set at a research station at the north pole. I have that one on vhs, too!

RICHARD
12-04-2004, 06:48 PM
Attack of the 50 foot Woman
-the tubes

It was a normal date with my girlfriend Sue
Blond hair, blue eyes, and five-foot-two
The night was cold, the stars were bright
From over her shoulder came a strange light

We parked the car down at Three-Mile Point
The top was down, we were really going
I heard her cry, the reactor flared
She grew and grew, I freaked and stared

Attack of the fifty-foot woman
Our love was at an end
All she did to get her kicks
Was step on all the men

I had to run just to save my skin
She scooped me up, I could not win
“My God,” I screamed, to my distress
Got a fifty foot woman in a five-foot dress

Our love was at an end
Was step on all the men

Our love was at an end
Was step on all the men

Look out here she comes
the biggest pair on earth
So scared I gotta go with her

The National Guard couldn’t shoot her down
Before she left she really trashed our town
She left me there, though I tried and tried
A fifty foot woman’s never satisfied

Our love was at an end
Was step on all the men

One of my favorite songs...
;)

slick
12-04-2004, 07:27 PM
Richard, I'm parched. Been playing Santa all day. How can you guys stand having hair on your face.....doesn't it itch??

I'll take a nikked beer please.

Corinna
12-04-2004, 08:34 PM
You missed the best one Donavans Brain. And of course all the dracula movies I think between my daughter and I we anve them all. Nothing like bad movies on ayucky Saturday and a big pizza. Not to day I hung all of my icecle lights on house and yard fence. put up tree and decorated . As I was tring to get to the shed out back , I was reminded if why we hadn't had 2 big dogs before. I need to doze a few mountain ranges. I forgot no one bothers out there. Merlin is the front yard dog and I clean up once a week. It's the men and the cat box thing only worse . maybe it will snow heavy tonight
How about a HBR time to start the season .

momoffuzzyfaces
12-05-2004, 01:31 PM
All the movies with Vicent Price and Bella Lagousi were favorites too!

Attack of the 50 woman? Don't seem to remember that one. But then again, a 50 foot woman wouldn't impress me much. Now if it was a 50 foot man ..................................... ;)

RICHARD
12-05-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by slick
Richard, I'm parched. Been playing Santa all day. How can you guys stand having hair on your face.....doesn't it itch??

I'll take a nikked beer please.

As the owner of possibly one of the filthiest minds on the planet......

here's your beer.....

DONE!

Corrina....

HBR DONE!

MOFF..

As owner of the fifthiest mind on the planet....

You are on your own on THAT one!!!!!;)

DONE!

lbaker
12-06-2004, 07:05 AM
Richard, I wouldn't touch that line with a 50 foot woman :eek:

momoffuzzyfaces
12-06-2004, 12:31 PM

MOFF..

As owner of the fifthiest mind on the planet....

You are on your own on THAT one!!!!!;)

DONE!
:eek: MY mind's not filthy! I took it out and washed it just yesterday!!! :D

RICHARD
12-06-2004, 12:40 PM
:eek: MY mind's not filthy! I took it out and washed it just yesterday!!! :D

I meant that I was the owner of the world's filthiest mind......:D

gini
12-06-2004, 12:57 PM
I meant that I was the owner of the world's filthiest mind......:D

What an ego................:D :D

You can't hold a candle to......................(guess)

RICHARD
12-06-2004, 01:06 PM

You can't hold a candle to......................(guess)

Does their name start with a 'sl' and end with an 'ick'?:confused:

momoffuzzyfaces
12-06-2004, 01:17 PM
Letgo my ego!
(sorry I couldn't help myself)
(a waffle made me say it!):D

slick
12-06-2004, 02:06 PM
Does their name start with a 'sl' and end with an 'ick'?:confused:
:eek: :eek: :D :D You know me too well.....