PDA

View Full Version : Formal introductions...

CalliesMom
11-30-2004, 10:17 PM
Hey, all! I've actually frequented this web site daily since 2000 as Sia1. Changed the screenname because I got married and no longer have those initials ;) Anyway, I'm the meowmie to three kitties Whisper, Shadow, and Callie. I don't have a digital camera, but if I post here more frequently will probably have to go buy one.

Shadow and Whisper are litter mates, though you wouldn't know it by watching them--they hate each other :( . They are both six years old, as of June 1998 and are the kittens of my sister-in-law's cat. I was able to watch their birth and help take care of them as little little babies so am very attached. Shadow is a 14 lb. medium haired black female and Whisper is 11 lbs of grey tabby love (he reminds me of a gray version of Dylan, one of the Harris cats--the eyes have that "lover boy" appeal).

Callie, my baby, was found when we were living in Tucson, AZ on a side of the road. Someone had tossed her out of their truck and my boyfriend (husband, now) at the time pulled over and picked her up. Lucky me! She's approximately 4 years old and is a 13 lb female orange tabby. She's by far the NAUGHTIEST of the group, which probably explains her utter appeal to me.

We also have a 5 year old red-eared slider, Kahn. I've had him since he was five days old, a pet store sold him to me as a "free gift" with a little tank I purchased. That pretty much sums up my fur and shelled?? babies.

As for me, I'm a 25 year old graduate student living in Alabama with my husband and both will be graduating this summer. I hope to go to get my PhD up in North Carolina or at UC Riverside next fall. I've been married for a little over a year and a half but have been with my husband for seven years on Jan 1st; we are high school sweethearts.

I'm not sure why it has taken me so long to finally introduce myself. I just really enjoy reading about other people's animals and feel as if I have nothing else to say. I think this is a truly wonderful website, with wonderful people who care as much about their animals as I do. Sorry this is way too long but I just wanted to formally say hi!
:D :D :D ;)

RedHedd
11-30-2004, 10:38 PM
Well howdy! Your cats sound lovely .... and becoming more active on PT does lead to buying a digital camera - it happened to me! Resistance is futile! You have now been assimilated and will get a digicam very soon! Xmas is coming ... :D

How do the cats get along with the slider? I've seen their pics on POTD and they look SO cute!

jenluckenbach
12-01-2004, 04:49 AM
WELCOME

Glad you finally joined :D.

dukedogsmom
12-01-2004, 07:16 AM
Welcome! We'd love to see some pics of your cats. I can attest to the fact that you'll be getting a digital camera soon. That's when I started being active. I regret not posting the whole time, though. I'm on my second digital camera and this one has video. I'm truly addicted to this place. You will be, too.

mina'smomma
12-01-2004, 07:19 AM
Welcome to PT. You'll find yourself among friends here.

ChrisH
12-01-2004, 07:56 AM
Welcome!! :)

catmandu
12-01-2004, 08:41 AM
And The Found Catsm,and I are so pleased to meet you,as Phil Silvers used to day.He was such a friendly man,that his production company,was called Gladtoseeya!!

Randi
12-01-2004, 11:38 AM
CalliesMom, thank you for introducing yourself. A big Welcome to you! :) Looking forward to hear more about your kitties - and possibly see some pitures of them too. ;)

sirrahbed
12-01-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by CalliesMom
Whisper is 11 lbs of grey tabby love (he reminds me of a gray version of Dylan, one of the Harris cats--the eyes have that "lover boy" appeal).

:D GOTTA see Whisper now, you have me SOOOO curious!!
Welcome to PT - sounds like you are already more than addicted anyway.
Would you mind posting the COTD urls so that I can go take a peek??
Again, WELCOME!!:D

CalliesMom
12-01-2004, 03:56 PM
Thank you all for your kind words. I absolutely love it here and am beyond obsessed. My husband actually makes fun of me because I could spend hours on here..anyway, I don't have pics of the kitties but guess I could go get some scanned and have them up this weekend?? Do any of you know of some fairly cheap digital cameras? I don't need anything fancy, just to take pics of the kids. Thanks!

catnapper
12-01-2004, 04:07 PM
Welcome! We love to hear about your kitties, and pictures are not mandatory! But if you are in the market for a digital camera, we got my daughter a nice 3.2 megapixel digi-cam for Christmas that was under $100 for Chritsmas from Overstock.com. I couldn't believe the pricing differences, with free shipping. Give it a try and ask Santa for one! :D

prechrswife
12-01-2004, 04:08 PM
Welcome! It is so good to have you here.:)

Jods
12-01-2004, 05:19 PM
WELCOME!! Hope you enjoy it here there are many helpful people here... :D

RedHedd
12-01-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by CalliesMom
Thank you all for your kind words. I absolutely love it here and am beyond obsessed. ... Do any of you know of some fairly cheap digital cameras? I don't need anything fancy, just to take pics of the kids. Thanks! I found mine at http://www.tigerdirect.com.

CalliesMom
12-01-2004, 05:49 PM
I think it will definetely have to be an after Christmas present to ourselves! Until then, I'll get some regular pics scanned and post them in a few days.

Lillycat
12-02-2004, 04:14 AM
Welcome! cant wait to see your pictures.....