PDA

View Full Version : Oscar

Pam
02-03-2001, 06:58 AM
How nice to see Oscar today. We have had tropical fish for about 20 years now (currently have a 75 gallon tank and a 60 gallon tank set up) and started out with a pair of oscars. I read somewhere that they have the intelligence of dogs. Don't know if this is really true or not, but they sure knew when it was feeding time. They would come over to the side of the tank and splashed so much that water would fly out the back! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif Every now and then my husband would give them a treat of dry dog food! They loved it! Also when he would wipe down the inside of the tank they would come over to be petted! Honest! They lived to ripe old ages, and I join your "person" in wishing you at least another 13 years. Congratulations on your special honor as Today's Pet of the Day!

tatsxxx11
02-03-2001, 01:23 PM
I just love you Oscar! You are so beautiful. My fishes have always been such wonderful pets. So gentle and lovely and relaxing to watch. Would love to see you full grown!! Wow! 8 inches...Now that's a big boy! I wish you many happy years with your human and congratulate you on being honored as our Pet of the Day! Maybe you'll get a little dog food to celebrate your happy day!! Yeah, Oscar!!