PDA

View Full Version : Ken Jennings LOST!!

sammy101
11-30-2004, 09:10 PM
I was watching Jeopardy and he lost!!!:eek: :eek: i like yelled at my mom and told her..lol i was so excited to see him lose.lol:p but he still got $2.5 million!:eek: :rolleyes:

manda_moo87
11-30-2004, 09:11 PM
Yeah I watched it too.

LOL, I think he's set for life now. :p

christa
11-30-2004, 09:20 PM
It is about time . . . I mean, geez, 75 shows? Time to give someone else a try!

Logan
11-30-2004, 10:03 PM
I heard this on the ABC radio news before the show even aired tonight. I will give them credit for saying "if you don't want to know what happens, start humming or turn the radio down". But my goodness, of course he lost. Otherwise, why would they be reporting it???? :rolleyes:

GoldenRetrLuver
11-30-2004, 10:04 PM
I didn't even know who he was until I overheard my parents talking about it. :o

Sheesh, it's about time! ;) $2.5 million.. wow!

Twisterdog
12-01-2004, 12:49 AM
My mother is SO elated ... she HATED him for some reason. And my mom is the sweetest lady ever, she likes everyone. It was weird ... she was obsessed with this guy. She watched Jeopardy every night, just hoping he would lose. I think she needs a hobby or something.

K9karen
12-01-2004, 01:30 AM
He was on Letterman tonight and Nightline actually had a whole program about him. Merv Griffin makes a fortune every time the theme song is played. Actually, I hear that he has to pay a lot of Calif taxes, give a huge percent (gross) to the Mormom church, then pay federal taxes etc, so he doesn't wind up with that much in the long run, but it's sure would be enough for ME, regardless. He has a bizarre sense of humor. People that smart kinda scare me, it's almost unnatural to be so well versed in almost everything. Good for him, but I'm glad he lost to a beautiful, smart woman with no college degree, just good common sense and a quick buzzer finger! I hope she does well. I liked her a lot.

chrangharris
12-01-2004, 10:40 AM
I heard that the question he missed was a real easy but can't find what the exact question was. Any one know?

Logan
12-01-2004, 10:58 AM
It was something about naming the major corporation that has 70% of their workforce only working 4 months out of the year.

It was the final Jeopardy question. He answered Federal Express. The correct answer was H&R Block.

Logan

RICHARD
12-01-2004, 11:16 AM
Ken Jennings was given one year of tax services by H&R.

The secret to his success is simple,

Read and remember.

It's all about the retention of trivial facts.

He is probably a voracious reader and has a knack for remembering things-quickly!!

Amazing...

But the part that saddens me is--------

HE LOST TO A GIRL!!!!!! EWWWWWWW! COOTIES!
;)

mina'smomma
12-01-2004, 11:31 AM
Richard you are too much sometimes.

I didn't care for him after a while either. He started getting arrogant and cocky.

wolfsoul
12-01-2004, 11:42 AM
YES!! I was getting so tired of him.

chrangharris
12-01-2004, 12:24 PM
wolfsoul- I'm a huge Gilmore Girls fan but haven't been able to watch lately because I'm getting Misha to bed. :( :( :( What is going on it????

wolfsoul
12-01-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by chrangharris
wolfsoul- I'm a huge Gilmore Girls fan but haven't been able to watch lately because I'm getting Misha to bed. :( :( :( What is going on it????

Egad, you're missing everything!!! :eek: Lol. I'll PM you about it. :)