PDA

View Full Version : Introducing my new special needs baby boy!

QueenScoopalot
11-30-2004, 08:55 PM
I held my breath until I had him (in case it fell through somehow), but I have a new little five month old 'keeper' kitten I named Georgie! The White Coat visit went horrible as Georgie did NOT want needles stuck in him! :eek: :eek: He scratched up doc. pretty good for just a little tyke, so he wasn't combo tested. When he goes in for the big snip...or in his case little I'll have him tested. His mama was tested however, so I'm not worried about FeLV/FIV....here's GEORGIE (formerly known as Scooter)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/GeorgiePorgiePuddingPie.jpg

Don't I look like Lorraine's Poppy? :eek: :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/Georgietwo.jpg

Checking out those large barking creatures on the floor

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/Georgieone.jpg

Hmmm...can I jump down there?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/Georgieslittlecrippledhindlegs.jpg

Here's a semi-decent shot of his crisscrossed little back legs. He gets around incredibly quick on them though! And luck has it that his paw pad does touch the floor on the leg tucked furthest under, so I don't have to worry too much about abrasions when he joins the gang.
;)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/GeorgiesaysWAYYYtoobright.jpg

Bright lights, cute face!
:) :)

christa
11-30-2004, 09:02 PM
What an adorable tuxie!!! And I love the name! He is so lucky to have found his way to you!!!

Welcome Georgie!!!

kimlovescats
11-30-2004, 09:05 PM
Oh JAN!!! He brings tears to my eyes! My brother (RIP) was born physically handicapped, and for some reason that picture of Georgie sitting on his little back legs, reminds me so much of baby pictures I have seen of my brother. :( I pray some day that the Lord will send a little handicapped kitty to my door, so I can care for him in honor of my brother.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-30-2004, 09:06 PM
He is so adorable!!! And yes, he does look like Poppy. Looks like any other curious, inquisitive kitten and I know he'll thrive under your care, Jan. :D

Craftlady
11-30-2004, 09:18 PM
What a cutie :)

QueenScoopalot
11-30-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
Oh JAN!!! He brings tears to my eyes! My brother (RIP) was born physically handicapped, and for some reason that picture of Georgie sitting on his little back legs, reminds me so much of baby pictures I have seen of my brother. :( I pray some day that the Lord will send a little handicapped kitty to my door, so I can care for him in honor of my brother. I hope also Kim, that you can experience the love, and specialness of a handicapped kitty. This little guy is such a sweetie, but he's bewildered being in a cage for now. In a few days I'll be able to spend more time with him, and see how he reacts to the others, and vice-versa, and most importantly, how he'll do on stairs. :( RIP Kim's special brother. :(

doolittleky
11-30-2004, 09:24 PM
AWWW he is so cute! I am in love! LOL I am a sucker for the special needs babies. He reminds me of my Willow.
Doo=^..^=

jazzcat
11-30-2004, 11:27 PM
He's adorable and he does look a little like Poppy. I just love those gray and white kitties. I hope his transition into your household goes well. Keep us posted and please keep the pictures coming.

catfamily
12-01-2004, 02:50 AM
What a beautiful boy you have there Jan.Where did you find this poor baby that needed you so much.Lucky boy?So darn pretty.

jenluckenbach
12-01-2004, 04:44 AM
OH! What a sweetheart!

dukedogsmom
12-01-2004, 07:08 AM
He's such a sweetie. I'm tearing up at work over him. Bless you for giving him a good home. I love his face.

catlover4ever
12-01-2004, 07:19 AM
Oh Georgie you are adorable!!!! He reminds me of my mom's momma kitty that she named Cucumber.

Please give Georgie a great big kiss from me. :)

K & L
12-01-2004, 07:41 AM
Isn't he precious! Glad he's in good hands.

ChrisH
12-01-2004, 07:51 AM
Oh, Jan! He is so adorable. :)

catmandu
12-01-2004, 08:43 AM
Hi Georgie,this is The Found Cats,and we hope,that you get,to play,with the Toys,that wehave sent,and that you are loving your new home,as you are very lucky,to have a Meowmie,like that!

Randi
12-01-2004, 11:47 AM
Georgie is adorable .... just look at that sweet trusting face! :p I'm so glad he ended up with you, Jan, he couldn't wish for a better home. :) I so hope he'll get along well with the rest of your gang!

Please give him more kisses from me - Fister sends headbumpies.

sirrahbed
12-01-2004, 11:53 AM
ahh!!! That is a cute kitty-pot-pie:D Georgie has the sweetest face. Hope he is soon out of that cage that has him bewildered and gets along well with his new siblings!!:)

mina'smomma
12-01-2004, 11:54 AM
Oh Jan he is such a cutie patootie

QueenScoopalot
12-01-2004, 01:51 PM
He's already out of "Kamp Kennel" and doing supervised exploring. He seems to love the dogs, but is a bit spitty with some of the kitties. Audrey (a rescued foster) is leaving on Thursday, and she's his worst problem right now. She's a little bully girl! Georgie's exploring the bedroom this afternoon and meeting Kirby and Eli. :) Georgie has quite a set of lungs on him, and gee can he scream that he wants OUT and NOW! :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes: I'm going to snuggle up with him and the others and take a much needed nap soon. ;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-01-2004, 03:00 PM
Oh Jan, how generous and sweet of you to give this handicapped cat a loving furever home:) !! What a lucky boy he is!
My Inka girl (disabled too) sends him lots of love http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20973%20Huge_hug.gif

prechrswife
12-01-2004, 04:26 PM
He is such an adorable little angel! The expression on his face reminds me so much of my Chloe. Lucky kitty boy!

QueenScoopalot
12-01-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Maya & Inka's mommy
Oh Jan, how generous and sweet of you to give this handicapped cat a loving furever home:) !! What a lucky boy he is!
My Inka girl (disabled too) sends him lots of love http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20973%20Huge_hug.gif What is lovely Inka's disability? :confused: A new person to PT (I haven't seen any posts from her yet) PMd me inquiring about my siggy. I thought it was cute when she said "they look fine to me"! ;) If only I had a video camera so all could see Eli swaggering and crashing around the rooms, and Misty swirling in circles. Pictures don't always say a thousand words. ;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-02-2004, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
What is lovely Inka's disability? :confused:

Inka has Cerebral Hypoplasia. There is NO coordination between her front and hind legs. They all follow their own way :eek: !So ske keeps falling every 4 steps; and when she tries to run , she looks like a circus-artist, making one salto after the other. Looks so funny sometimes. We always say then that Inka had to much whiskey again ;) ;) ! She is also shaking her head (like an (Alzheimer), and her lower jaw opens and closes sometimes without any reason. Oh yes, she also cannot guess a distance; so when she tries to jump up a chair, she jumps either to high or to law... .We all fear she won't live very long. BUT, we love her to pieces, our silly Inka!!!

smokey the elder
12-02-2004, 07:32 AM
I know a CH kitty that lived to be 21, so I wouldn't be so sure about Inka not living too long. My CH kitty Diva is 8.5 years old and shows no sign of slowing down. Gotta love those drunken kitties!:D

QueenScoopalot
12-02-2004, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Maya & Inka's mommy
Inka has Cerebral Hypoplasia. There is NO coordination between her front and hind legs. They all follow their own way :eek: !So ske keeps falling every 4 steps; and when she tries to run , she looks like a circus-artist, making one salto after the other. Looks so funny sometimes. We always say then that Inka had to much whiskey again ;) ;) ! She is also shaking her head (like an (Alzheimer), and her lower jaw opens and closes sometimes without any reason. Oh yes, she also cannot guess a distance; so when she tries to jump up a chair, she jumps either to high or to law... .We all fear she won't live very long. BUT, we love her to pieces, our silly Inka!!! Ah ha! The deception on photos once again LOL! Eli, Misty, and Noel (in my siggy) all have various degrees of cerebellar hypoplasia as well. Eli & Misty's stories and pictures are here...http://www.catfamily.com/chkittyclub/pages/members.html
As you can see, the world is full of these special kitties *sigh* Unfortunately doing a lot of trapping, I tend to find these special needs kittens which is a blessing for them. Their survival rate outside is very low. :( Give lovely Inka a kiss for me. :) And there's no reason for her not to live a long and healthy life. Yahoo Groups has an active message board, and the chkittyclub is one that's chock full of info from the members, and is a great place to exchange info. ;)