PDA

View Full Version : Hubby lost health insurance...

teenster3
11-30-2004, 07:55 PM
Geez,
Just when things started looking up for us, Matthew loses his health benefits come Jan 1st.
I have my own benefits but was going to transfer over to his because it was cheaper....not anymore! Now, I have to start looking online or ask around.....I don't even know where to start or how to compare prices!
His company just decided that it wasn't worth the 23% increase & dropped insurance altogether!
Has this happened to anyone else recently? Ack, it's such a hassle having to look around for a new provider.:rolleyes:
TiNa

christa
11-30-2004, 09:42 PM
So sorry to hear this! I know where you're coming from. My hubby works for the state and they decided that at the beginning of the year, we'd have to pay like twice as much in premiums . . . we were both actually starting to look for second jobs! Things worked out though . . . the teachers threatened to strike & they lowered the premium back down to where it is now.

My point is, YES, Health Insurance Sucks!!! But you've got to have it . . . that's the sad thing about it . . . everyone need it, but who can afford it?

Geesh . . . you've got me all worked up, LOL . . . ;)

Karen
11-30-2004, 09:48 PM
NASE - the national association for the self-employed - offers insurance for people who do not have the option of getting it at work. Their rates were reasonable years ago, when I used that for a while. They're worth checking into at any rate.

K9karen
12-01-2004, 02:10 AM
Yes, there are sites on the internet that offer health insurance for individuals. I think I used Google and asked for personal health insurance or something. Don't get me started but I can't believe that in this country, there are so many uninsured people. I was extended on Cobra since I'm temporarily on disability but before that, was unable to get any health insurance because of a preexisting condition. like it was my fault I got sick. After my Cobra runs out, i think I get Medicare but still need supplemental insurance until I have my 2 surgeries and go back to work. More than 1/2 my meager check goes too health insurance and even then there's a wicked deductable and co-pays. It stinks. I know you can find something on the internet. The rates were reasonsble, depending on what you want. Good luck., you have my sympathy.,

chocolatepuppy
12-01-2004, 05:00 AM
Next week we have a meeting where I work about our health insurance. We've already heard it's going up and the benefits are going down! :( I haven't had a raise in two years because the company is struggling to survive and my insurance keeps going up. While I'm glad I have my insurance, it's like a cut in pay each time the price goes up! :eek: