PDA

View Full Version : my first hairball.

christa
11-30-2004, 06:51 PM
Just found my first hairball. :o

I went to let the cats out of their room and found them cuddling on the top of the cat tree (I don't know how Brodie gets up and down from there!)

Anyway, as I approached, I noticed that Josie had thrown up her food . . . from the top of the tree . . . all the way to the floor . . . and it had hit every "cat tree limb" in-between.

Yay.

While cleaning it up, I noticed that the pile on the upper level was grayish . . . I tried to break it apart and then realized that it was a hairball.

Gross!

I'd never come across a hairball before . . .

But it's true, it really is a ball of hair!

LOL

Sorry, just had to share ;)

RICHARD
11-30-2004, 07:21 PM
You expect us to feel sorry for you???

Write back when you find the cold one, with your bare feet at three a.m.....;) :rolleyes: :eek: :D

slick
11-30-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD

Write back when you find the cold one, with your bare feet at three a.m.....;) :rolleyes: :eek: :D
Or when you roll over and there's one on your pillow.....:eek:

christa
11-30-2004, 07:27 PM
LOLOLOL . . . GROSS!

Sorry . . . I realize my story is insignificant to many of you, but this was a first experience for me . . . :p

I HAD to share!

Craftlady
11-30-2004, 07:32 PM
OR at 2 a.m in morning at the foot of the bed you awake to the familiar "gagging sounds". You have to stumble out into the kitchen to get a wet paper towel. Cant turn lights on in bedroom or it will wake up hubby so you grab the flash light and take it back with you to clean up the mess in the bedroom.
Half awake administor hair ball medicine to a feline who is not thrilled by this stuff. :eek

sirrahbed
11-30-2004, 10:05 PM
Congratulations on your first hairball:p

I have to agree with Richard though, they are much more memorable when they are icy cold, in the dark, wee hours of morning, and you find them with your bare toes:eek:

RedHedd
11-30-2004, 10:15 PM
I can't add to what's already been said .... but now that you've had your first, more will follow. Keep a supply of Hairball remedy on hand (Petromalt or the like). I'm not sure if it helps, but it does seem to extend the time between finding the darned thangs .... :rolleyes:

CalliesMom
11-30-2004, 10:21 PM
LOL I live in hairball heaven. Last Christmas I flew home to visit family in CA and found out one of my kitties is an "angry vomiter." A span of all of two/three days had elapsed between the time my pet sitter had visited until I came home and there were probably 10/15 spots all throughout the living room. To top it off, Shadow usually vomits or poops either on the couch or bed if we leave for too long. :rolleyes:

catmandu
12-01-2004, 09:02 AM
I too live,in Hairball Heaven,as the Siamese Squad,are always grooming themselves,and the Other Cats,and then HACCCCK!

RICHARD
12-01-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by christa
LOLOLOL . . . GROSS!

Sorry . . . I realize my story is insignificant to many of you, but this was a first experience for me . . . :p

I HAD to share!

Follow this script and you'll do fine!

1. Oh My Gosh, A HAIRBALL!!

2. Oh My Gosh, A!!

3. Oh My Gosh!!

4. Oh My !!

5. Oh!!

6. Ah!

By the seventh HB you won't even flinch....;)

------------------------------------------------

Hairballs are like a woman's first boyfriend..

No matter how gross they are, you always remember them.

dukedogsmom
12-01-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by RICHARD

You said it, Richard! Nothing more pleasant than that.

NoahsMommy
12-01-2004, 11:40 AM
:) Congrats on your first hairball! See all the fun stuff that comes with being a cat person? ;)

I awoke to a pile of vomit in the doorway of our bedroom. Still warm and squishy when I walked through it on the way to shower, still squinty eyed and yawning.

ICK!!!