PDA

View Full Version : Sheda

tkdman
11-30-2004, 05:28 PM
Dear Sheda

Today I had to bury you and my heart is broken. It is amazing how much a part of my life you have become over the last 7 or so years. I still remember the day I got you. The lady from the Kennel brought over a bunch of baby German Shepherds and brought them all into the townhouse in Coquitlam. All the dogs were bouncing around and you came and sat by my feet and watched them bounce around, content to be with me. That was when I decided you were my dog.

The next day when I had to leave you at home while I went to visit clients, I rushed home to see my new puppy. When I got there the neighbor told me you had been crying all day and had wedged yourself in behind the shed and wouldn’t come out for anyone, including the SPCA. When you saw me, you came out and laid your head across my shoulder and let out a long sigh. I love you.

Over the years we have been through a lot together, our journey to Calgary, my discovery that you had Hip Displasia and that I either had to get you expensive surgery or else put you down, your seizures, my relationship with Dawn, the business, meeting Sonya, getting Nika, Marrying Sonya. You have been there through it all.

The one thing about this part of my life is that you have always been there and a part of it. Now you are gone, and I don’t know how to feel. I have your picture on my desk in front of me and I am looking at it as I type this. You were part of me and part of me has died with you.

I am so sorry that I could not be the one to hold you when you took your last breath. I wanted to be, I really did, I am sure that is a piece of regret that I will carry with me until I die. I did not think that anything would happen this weekend; I thought everything would be fine. I was shocked when I found out what had happened this morning and had to make the journey to say my last goodbye to you. I will never forget your floppy ear, or the way you looked at me. Your character was more of a friend than a pet. I am going to miss you so much!

I saved some of your hair that fell off your body today when I held you in my arms for the last time. I will keep it with this letter and your picture which I will keep somewhere special.

Sonya misses you and so does Cosmo ( Im not sure she realizes your gone yet). Nika is sorry she hurt you – she didn’t mean it, she does doesn’t understand.

You were my friend and my companion these past 7 years and I love you more than I can express in this letter. I will always hold a place in my heart which will be yours and yours alone. You were such a sweet dog and can never be replaced. We buried you under a tree at Gramma Treenies where I know you were happy and could run free, we put you in your favorite bed and I put your collar and your favorite leash ( the red one ) with you as well as some food incase you get hungry on your trip to heaven. I buried you nice and deep so nothing can get you and you can rest in peace and we put a stone over your new resting place with your name on it. Sonya put a heart on it too. I said good bye to you today at your grave and I will continue to visit when I am at Gramma Treenies, although I will always keep you here in my heart where I can remember you.

You were my pet, my friend, my companion, and I will never forget you.

I have to say goodbye now, all I have left of you is our memories and the some pictures, and a piece of your hair. I hope Sonya is right and we will see each other soon in Heaven, I hope you aren’t alone. I love you and will never forget you my darling Sheda.

Your loving Master and Friend Chris

Keep a spot warm for me in heaven so I can sit with you and hug you again when I get there. Ill never forget you and I cant wait to see you again.

I Love you Rest in Peace.

You died on November 27, a Saturday in the daytime. You had a very bad seizure and it was decided to put you down so you wouldn’t suffer anymore the seizure went on for an Hour and a Half which is longer than it has ever been. You were nom-responsive at the end, so Gramma Treeny had to put you to sleep when the vet said there was nothing he could do. You went to your final rest peacefully. You loked calm and were lying in your favorite position when I buried you yesterday. Gramma Treeny put flowers on your grave.
I came and buried you, my beloved companion, on November 29, 2004, a Monday because we didn’t get back until town until Sunday night. I wish I had never left you.

I took my morning walk without you today it was hard – I cried through most of it and I cried when I got home.

I love you I miss you.

Memories

- Laying in front of the fridge so we couldn’t open it
- Sticking your nose right in my face without touching me or licking me – just sniffing
- Throwing the toy at me so I would throw it again – Nika never does that
- Hugging you ( my favorite memory ) I would wrap my arms around you and you would just stand there – it felt like I was pushing all my love right inside you. This is how I am sure you knew I loved you. I will miss this the most
- Laying with your head on my lap when we drove around ( when you were smaller ) in the white pickup
- The way your fur would stand on end when you would get cranky
- Your obsession with other animals particularly small ones
- Your wonderful face
- Walking between my legs when you were happy to see me
- The way you used to lay with your paws crossed ( you were like that when I buried you )and when you would lay with your self all curled up so your nose was in your but.
- The way you would hide the soap all over the house in the closets and in the couches
- Towel walking you when you had your surgeries
- How I could hold your rear end up and you would walk the stairs
- How you would always come to me first when you were in trouble ( seizures and fights )
- Your pointy head
- The way you would look at me and I just knew how much you loved me

I will add to this list as I can as this will help me not to forget the little things we shared. I miss you so much it hurts.

My Peanuts
11-30-2004, 05:37 PM
Your letter made me cry. I'm so sorry for your loss. Sheda is beautiful :( .

Tollers-n-Dobes
11-30-2004, 05:41 PM
That was such a beautiful letter:( I am crying and I don't even know you, I am sooooo sorry you are having to go through this right now:( Words cannot express how awful I am feeling fo you:( I am so sorry...

Sheda was a very gorgeous girl:(

Karen
11-30-2004, 06:13 PM
What a wonderful tribute to a wonderful dog, she is suerly your "heart dog." Your Sheda joins my beloved Sheba, a Shepherd mix herself, at the Rainbow Bridge, where Sheda is again happy and whole.

Marie410
11-30-2004, 06:14 PM
I'm so sorry for you loss. Sheda is most definitely watching over you. She's young and whole again and pain free at Rainbow Bridge. She'll be waiting for you when it's your turn to cross over, and you will never be apart again. You are both in my prayers tonight.

tkdman
11-30-2004, 06:34 PM
Thank you everyone for your kind words,

it has been a very difficult few days, it is very nice to come to a place where the heartbreak is understood. Your comments about Sheda's Beauty warmed my heart.

Im sure my girl is thanking you too, on the rainbow bridge, where there are no Hip Replacements and no Seizures.

Chris

robinh
11-30-2004, 07:08 PM
Such a heartfelt, beautiful letter. I am so sorry for your loss. Your Sheda was indeed a beautiful girl. I am sure she'll watch over you until you meet again.

Believe me when I say that the people you meet here definitely do understand both your intense love for her and your pain in losing her.
:(

LorraineO
12-01-2004, 05:59 AM
oh dear,,, I am so sorry,,,, typing thru tears aint easy!! your letter was moving and a loving tribute to your baby....

Lilith Cherry
12-01-2004, 06:20 AM
Oh Chris, I can't begin to say how sorry I am that you lost your beloved companion; rest assured she will be waiting to do all those endearing things with you when you meet her in heaven!

Jamieejo85
12-01-2004, 09:24 AM
Your letter made me cry:( I am so sorry for your loss and I know how you feel. I can't even think of words to say how very sorry I am. She was a stunning dog. I would also like to welcome you to Pet Talk, sorry it had to be under such sad circumstances. You will find this a good place for support during good times as well as bad.

pitc9
12-01-2004, 10:20 AM
Chris, I am sitting at work bawling my eyes out!!
That was such a wonderful touching letter to your Sheda.

I wish I could take your pain away.... just know that she is watching over you every day... and waiting till the day you two meet again!

stephanielcruz
12-01-2004, 12:46 PM
Your letter was beautiful and brought tears to my eyes. Having lost my Yorkie Tashi only a few weeks ago I can understand your pain... she was only 6. My heart reaches out to you and I hope time will ease your pain. I know Sheda has made lots of friends ~ maybe she and Tashi are playing right now! :) I sure hope so. God bless you.

slick
12-01-2004, 02:21 PM
Chris,
Welcome to Pet Talk and I'm sorry your first posting has to be so sad. What a wonderful life Sheda must have had and your tribute to her is very touching. I'm sure she's wagging her tail in delight at the RB and is waiting on your arrival someday.

BTW, Coquitlam??? I'm in New Westminster. :)

tkdman
12-01-2004, 02:43 PM
Thank you everyone for your kind words.

The thought of the Rainbow Bridge has helped to relieve some of the pain of loss. I had never heard of that place before finding this forum and it sounds wonderful.

It makes me feel good to know that Sheda is waiting somewhere special for me with lots of friends.

The grief of loss is quite overwhelming, but it is a small price to pay for the joy that she brought me over the last 7 years.

Sheda was a one of a kind Doggers and I miss her terribly, but if there is a place like the rainbow bridge, then I can stand to wait a little while to see her again, knowing she is happy and whole again and not suffering anymore.

Thank you everyone.

Chris

Denyce
12-01-2004, 02:50 PM
Your incredible love for Sheda is a tribute to what a special dog she was. I am sure she is at the RB playing and romping without pain except for her missing you.

welcome to PT.

Denyce

Cazi
12-01-2004, 04:12 PM
I'm sat here crying like a baby. Such a wonderful moving tribute.

I'm really sorry; I know the pain that you are going through. It wrenches at you, but Sheda will always be with you as she's embedded in your heart.

AlleyCat
12-01-2004, 05:03 PM
What a really sweet tribute. Anyone here who has lost furbabies to the Rainbow Bridge understand how you feel. I have lost two myself and I still cry, especially when I read heart-warming tributes such as yours.
Andrea

KYS
12-01-2004, 05:28 PM
What a beautiful tribute!
RIP sweet Sheda you were very loved.

anna_66
12-02-2004, 05:51 PM
I, like all the others couldn't help cry as I read your beautiful letter. I can tell by your loving and caring words how much you loved your Sheda, she was a gorgeous dog.

They definately become more than just a dog, they are family. And no, the pain never goes away. It just gets easier to deal with over time...a long time.

I feel that Sheda is at the RB free from any pain and having a wonderful time with all the others who are up there with her including my Keisha and Angus.

I hope you decide to stick around and share some more pictures and maybe even a story or two.

Anna

Sudilar
12-02-2004, 10:37 PM
What a moving tribute to a beautiful dog. It brought tears to my eyes. Hugs to you.

tkdman
12-02-2004, 11:14 PM
Yes, I will be sticking around, as I have found this board and its members very kind and very therapeutic, I also am happy to find a group of people who have a common love of animals.

A friend of mine made Sheda a memorial candle for me to light at her grave when I visit, she gave it to us today, it made me happy and sad all at the same time.

You people have really helped me alot, I'm just a little sad right now, so its hard to draw on the happier times without falling back to the sadness.

I have alot of stories about Sheda and my other girls I would be happy to share, soon.

I do miss my girl.

Chris

Cazi
12-03-2004, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by tkdman
Yes, I will be sticking around, as I have found this board and its members very kind and very therapeutic, I also am happy to find a group of people who have a common love of animals.

A friend of mine made Sheda a memorial candle for me to light at her grave when I visit, she gave it to us today, it made me happy and sad all at the same time.

You people have really helped me alot, I'm just a little sad right now, so its hard to draw on the happier times without falling back to the sadness.

I have alot of stories about Sheda and my other girls I would be happy to share, soon.

I do miss my girl.

Chris

I'm glad you have decided to stick around. This board is a wonderful thing. You can share your frustrations, worries, delights and dilemmas, gain massive amounts of education and experience no ridicule for the devotion you give your pets.

You are bound to miss Sheda and you will do so for a long time to come. The pain will get easier, but it will never go away; simply because you loved and cherished her.

I lost Peps nearly two years ago and I still miss him, still shed a tear about him and still wonder whether some of the choices that I made about his health were the right things to do.

No matter how many other pets you get, they will never ever replace Sheda, just like my Amber can not replace Peps.

Peps is buried in my mother in laws garden and ironically Amber lays on the eact spot whenever we visit.

My thoughts are with you.

Dot
12-03-2004, 02:14 PM
What a lovely, lovely story! The tears gushed!

You may wish to visit http://www.petpics.net/memory/ where you can light a virtual candle for Sheda. It gives me comfort to go there now and then to light a candle for my beloved Tweetie Pie who I lost in 2001.

God bless!

Dot

Thandi
12-03-2004, 04:30 PM
Chris, I'm also sitting at my office weeping! Your post was so beautiful and made me think so much of my Thandi who I had to say goodbye to in September.

heinz57_79
12-03-2004, 10:58 PM
I lost one of my furkids just yesterday, but I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for your loss and for your pain. I have faith that Sheda is happy and whole at the RB with my Arthur and she will be there to meet you whenever that time comes. You have a very special guardian angel now. She will be watching over you always. Rest easy and play hard beautiful Sheda! You are missed and still very much loved.

AlleyCat
12-03-2004, 11:45 PM
I am sorry to hear you lost one of your furkids yesterday. I hope you are doing okay. You now have a special guardian angel watching over you too.

RottiMommy49
12-05-2004, 02:05 PM
(((((Chris)))))) I just read about you're loss and my heart breaks for you. I understand the pain of losing a best friend and companion,. Like so many of us here at PT who have lost our beloved babies it's just gut wrenching and nothing but a lot of time helps to ease the pain and feeling of loss and lonleyness. it's a year on Jan.16th we lost our beloved rotti Nikita. We still shed tears when we see her picture. It was only within the past month or so we could even look at her pictures. We still say goodnight to her every night. I can tell you that you're baby is still at your side and always will be. Your tribute was so touching that my tears fell as i read it. How lucky you both were to have shared so much love. The memories you have are forever and nobody can take them away, ever. You have my deepest sympathy and prayers. I'm sorry we had to meet under such sad circumstances. Thankyou so much for sharing such personal sadness with us. The rainbow bridge is full of our beloved babies that will greet your baby with lots of love until you meet again. God Bless and heal your sadness. Deb

Bailey's Mommy
12-15-2004, 10:01 PM
I am so sorry that you lost your best friend. Sheda is beautiful. I had to bury my best friend just yesterday. These times are really hard to deal with. I hope you are doing well.

Bailey's Mommy

Puppy_Love4
12-16-2004, 11:36 AM
I am sooo sry for your loss

She was a beauitful furbaby
I am sure that she is looking down on you n making sure that you are ok :)