PDA

View Full Version : Update on Raustyk

lv4dogs
11-30-2004, 08:22 AM
I was going to post this in health but since her first post was here & not too many people resond over there I decided to put it here just for now. All the other updates will be in health.

Got a hold of the vet last night, after playing phone tag all day. Turns out her bloodwork is not so good, she didn't even really want to talk over the phone but due to the time she kind of had to.

The 2 levels that she is most concerned about is her BUN which is 49 & Creatinine is 1.9.

A few others were slightly off, but she said she would explain more in detail when we go back tomorrow.

The next step is to do a urine sample and possibly another cbc when she is properly fasted.
Since Raustyk is not improving (and the fact she went through a 4 year period where she had UTI's literally one after another & her BUN level has never been normal in 4.5 years) if those come out good, or the cbc is the same and the sample is good then we are going in for an ultra sound.

Poor girl is just not improving, I feel so bad for her.
Has anyone had anything like this happen before?

I doubt it is a UTI as she no symptoms that she had w/ all the other UTI's & the vets have been saying for years that her kidneys are not that good.

tatsxxx11
11-30-2004, 04:24 PM
Just read your latest update in Health and posted there. Remember, I'll be thinking of you guys tomorrow, and all paws and fingers crossed! {{{HUGS}}}

dukedogsmom
11-30-2004, 05:11 PM
I am so sorry that Raustyk is not doing any better. I wish you some good luck tomorrow and hopefully you won't have more bad news.