PDA

View Full Version : "Its a Wonderful Life"

NoahsMommy
11-29-2004, 11:29 PM
Oh my gosh!! I just finished watching this movie, for my first time.

I LOVE IT!!! It truly is the best movie ever. Now I have to buy it and watch it once a week.

:D :D :D :D

Anyone else watch it yet this year?

manda_moo87
11-29-2004, 11:31 PM
Yup! Its a classic I love that movie and watch it at least a couple times during the holiday season. :)

krazyaboutkatz
11-30-2004, 12:02 AM
I haven't yet but I also own a copy of the movie.

Jamieejo85
11-30-2004, 12:13 AM
I love it. We always watch it over and over again during the holiday season. IT is my favorite holiday movie!! I am glad that you enjoyed it:D

AmberLee
11-30-2004, 12:24 AM
It's one of my favorite's, too. I try to hold myself down to seeing it just a couple times during the holiday season... Usually when I do my cards or wrap presents with this as 'background music' ... and White Christmas, The Preacher's Wife, the original 'Christmas in Connecticut' (although I want to SHAKE the Stanwyck character!) ... and a couple others! Oh, oh! Time to dig out movies!!

davidpizzica
11-30-2004, 04:04 AM
I have that movie on vhs and dvd. I may just pop the dvd in and watch it! A little trivia. My father knew Jimmy Stewart in school in Indiana, Pa!

Buddy Blaze Lover
11-30-2004, 07:59 AM
Yup, we've watched it this year, and I LOVE it!!!!! I especially like *quote* "You're not a failure if you have friends!!":D George Bailey relates so much to me!!:D;)

petslover
11-30-2004, 08:08 AM
You know what? I haven't ever seen that movie. I must see it this year. I hadn't watched a Christmas movie yet this year! I will though.

catnapper
11-30-2004, 08:11 AM
Kelly, have you been living in a bubble?! LOL.... I haven't watched it in YEARS, becuase for many years, I saw it on every day. It became too saturated and cliche for me. Though it is a lovely movie.

I'm becomning that way with a few other classics that they just show over and over again... its like they want to kill your enjoyment of a good movie by shoving it in your face three times a day!

trayi52
11-30-2004, 08:55 AM
I love that movie! I haven't got to see it in about 2 years though. I do want to see it this year!

Willie:)

micki76
11-30-2004, 09:03 AM
Kelly! I can't believe you had never seen it before. It's IMO one of the best movies ever made. I can recite most of the lines in the movie before the scene. It' drives Michael insane! :D Can you believe this movie was a box office flop when it came out in 1946?

Did you know that Bert & Ernie on Sesame Street are named after the Bert & Ernie in this movie? :D

Killearn Kitties
11-30-2004, 10:19 AM
I bought a special edition of the film as part of my father-in-law's Christmas present last year, thinking it would be all nice and nostalgic for him to watch over the holidays. I couldn't believe it when he told me a few weeks later that he had never seen it before! :eek:

NoahsMommy
11-30-2004, 10:50 AM
hee hee, yes Kim, I may have been living in a bubble. ;)

I called my mom about half way through it to tell her I loved it and she was shocked I hadn't seen it. I think because its always been on TV a million times each December, she thought I had seen it.

I don't know why I haven't seen it. I love the classics...books, movies, music.

Micki,
I was wondering about that when he kept calling them those names. How cute! :)

petslover,
You have to see it! Its such a wonderful movie. If you like to cry at happy endings, this is the best movie for that. :)

RubyMutt
11-30-2004, 11:03 AM
I love that movie :D Nope, haven't watched it *yet* this season, but I'm sure I will more than once eventually.

My mom is in love with that film. She has a miniature Bedford Falls village she puts up every Christmas... and countless other It's a Wonderful Life decorations :D

lizzielou742
11-30-2004, 11:44 AM
That is literally my favorite movie of all time. I own it on VHS and DVD. :D