PDA

View Full Version : My Luna passed away last night.

rosienesbitt78
11-29-2004, 09:59 PM
She was about 5 yrs old and she was the first cat my husband and I got together. She was run over by a car. I can't go into details. It's so hard b/c my husband is in the Navy and is not here right now, so I am left to grieve with my other cat Opie, and my 18 month old son, who does not understand what has happened. I had to bury her in our yard last night, and it was so difficult. Today, I thought I saw her laying on my bed, and I had to do a double-take, but it was only my comforter, which is also black and white. I can't believe she's gone. I was just at the store yesterday, looking at what gifts I could buy them for Christmas, and now this. It still hasn't completely set in. I have always loved cats. Not liked, but loved. And I have allergies, too, but I take Flonase so I can have them as pets. And I sometimes break out in the hives from petting them, but I love cats. And they are more like family rather than pets. Any of you who have cats know who runs the house! I am so grief-stricken. My little missy (her nickname) is gone. She was such a beautiful long-hair. Her fur was so soft. She would play hockey with my son's little people toys. It was hilarious. Sometimes, she would meow and walk into the room with one of our socks hanging out of her mouth, like a dog! She would make us laugh. And now she's gone. I was thinking about getting a headstone made for our yard to put by where she is buried. If anyone know where I could order it, that would be helpful. Thanks.

jazzcat
11-29-2004, 10:12 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Luna. She sounds like she was a very special cat. I'm sure you miss her very much and this is extremely hard.

Rest in Peace sweet Luna.

I'm not sure where to order headstones but hopefully some here can help you.

Welcome to PT. I only wish it was a happier time for you. Maybe when you feel like it you will introduce us to Opie and tell us more about Luna.

AmberLee
11-30-2004, 12:29 AM
She sounds so precious. The poem about the Rainbow Bridge is a concept I believe in and take comfort in ... are you familar with it? Luna is playing and happy and well at the Bridge.

So sorry your introduction to Pet Talk is so sad. I hope you continue to post here. Luna sounds like a marvelous girl.

ramanth
11-30-2004, 08:44 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. :( RIP Luna.

slick
11-30-2004, 10:48 AM
Gee, my heart jumped a beat because there is a "very much loved" Luna belonging to Kirsten on board here.

I'm so sorry about Luna; your heart must be breaking in two right now. Take comfort in knowing that she is at the RB playing happily with all the other kitty angels. I know that she's watching over you and purring with delight. She will never leave you.....

Logan
11-30-2004, 10:53 AM
Rosie, I am so sorry for your loss. :(

I will try and find a place online where you can order a memorial stone. I know that I have seen them before.

Logan

rosienesbitt78
11-30-2004, 11:05 AM
It's nice to know that there are other pet lovers out there who understand and care about what I am going through. I still can't believe she's not here. I keep thinking she is going to walk into the room right now. It all happened so sudden. Anyway, thanks everyone for the support.

jenluckenbach
11-30-2004, 02:50 PM
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your kitty, Luna. How sad when it was so sudden and tragic. And at such a young age. But soon you will remember only the good times and that will keep her alive in spirit.

carole
11-30-2004, 02:59 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Luna, I know exactly how you are feeling, I lost my darling Sooti,at just over a year old,the heartache feels unbearable at times, I can only send you my love and Hugs at this time, and tell you in time your heart will heal some, but you will never forget your Luna. rest in peace sweet Luna.

catlover4ever
11-30-2004, 03:09 PM
I am sorry to hear about your beloved Luna. I understand exactly how you feel. I have lost a few kitties in my life...it is never easy. I know in time you will find peace in your heart and you will remember all the good times you had with Luna.

There are a few places that have memorial stones..one being

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/

you can also do a search for pet memorials.

Queen of Poop
11-30-2004, 04:01 PM
So very, very sorry.

catmandu
12-01-2004, 08:16 AM
The Pet talker angels,are accepting Luna,in thier fold,and Luna,will have a Dinner,in her honor,in Alexandria Egypt,where The Angels,are vacationing! We are sorry,to hear,that yet another Cat,has lost out to a Car.

Cataholic
12-01-2004, 10:18 AM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. RIP, Luna.

GraciesMommy
12-01-2004, 10:35 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this about your luna...
When I lost Mercedes, I had a schnauzer statue that looked just like her and I have it on her gravesite..on the side of the house. Then I painted a nice flat rock and put pawprints and her name, bdate/dod on it...it is more special to me doing it myself. This might also help you thru the grieving process..~hugs

rosienesbitt78
12-01-2004, 11:03 AM
Thanks again to everyone who posted their support. It makes it a little easier to deal with all of this. To catlover4ever, thanks for the website. I found a few items I could get my cat Opie for Christmas; he is so lost right now. To GraciesMommy, thanks for the idea of making your own stone. A good friend of mine also suggested that, and some of the craft stores sell a ceramic stone-making kit, that comes with mosaic tiles, where you can create your own design. I think I am going to purchase one of those and make a little cat out of the tiles and put my own info about Luna, her nickname, etc. I still can't believe she's gone. I know I keep saying that but I still expect to see her come in the room. My other cat, Opie, mopes around the house, and he's usually a very active, vocal cat. :( I feel bad for him b/c now he's the only cat, and he is very social with other cats. I guess only time will help. Anyway, thanks to everyone.

rosienesbitt78
12-01-2004, 11:08 AM
What kind of cats do you have? My Luna looked similar to several of yours, especially Tennessee, except the black on her head came down to just below her nose. She had the cutest black nose. Anyway, I thought she was a Norwegian Forest Cat, especially since at the time we adopted her, we were in Poulsbo, WA, which has a large Swedish/Norwegian population. But then I read up on NFCs and it didn't seem so. Anyway, seeing your cats pics reminded me of Luna.

rosethecopycat
12-05-2004, 10:38 PM
So sorry to hear about Luna.

She is healthy and whole again and will wait for you at the Rainbow Bridge.

You will see her again.

Godspeed to the bridge, sweet Luna.

NKBurlington
12-13-2004, 03:23 PM
I'm sorry for your loss.