PDA

View Full Version : PT prayers needed please

lv4dogs
11-29-2004, 09:07 AM
Raustyk has been very sick since Fri evening.
Friday early morning I was cleaning up the turkey carcass for left overs & dropped a whole large wing, between the 2 dogs & cat at my feet I managed to grab about 80% of it back but had no clue who ate the piece(s) I was missing.

Around 4:30 pm she started to act lethargic, whining whenever she moved. It seemed as if the pain was abdominal, which made me believe it was Raustyk who got the bone. Called my vet, since they would be closed by the time I got there & it didn't seem life threatening we went over some precautions & the such & decided to wait till the morning.

About 11:45pm she got worse, I called the emergency vet. Went through the same thing again & decided to wait till morning.

So after waking up at least every half hour to check on her we headed off to the vet about 7:30 am.

She got a FULL exam, the vet thought it seemed as if it was skelatal or muscular, which was odd and although Raustyk does have 3 very bad legs she has NEVER EVER been or shown this much pain & believe me she has been in LOTS of pain LOTS of times & NEVER acted this way. She was having normal bowel movements & the vet thought if it was a bone there would blood or enlarged or irritated intestinal track.
Raustyk will show pain when *she* moves, but when you palpate her she shuts up & never even flinches. So this is a toughie for us.

Since she will not show anyone where the pain is coming from we had to start from scratch, the vet & I are stumped.
We took blood, fecals, she got shots & meds, palpated & palpated again, we had to sit, walk, lay down over & over again.

Although she took a turn fot the better last night around 6, she is still not doing great.

I will get the results from the blood work later this morning & may have to go in for x-rays if she does not improve any soon. She is here at work with me waiting.

I can go into more detail about what the vet & I did & talked about but this is long enough & I have a super busy day & have no time now. I will post more later.

If you can send her even a small pt get better thought I am sure it will help, we all know how pt praters work wonders.
Thanks a lot!

robinh
11-29-2004, 11:28 AM
Prayers coming your way. Gosh, I hope she continues to get better and no further action is needed. It's so hard when the furkids are ill and you don't know what to do to help them.

Albea
11-29-2004, 11:32 AM
Prayers and get well wishes going your way for your sweet girl.

BCBlondie
11-29-2004, 11:45 AM
Aww poor girl! :( I hope she gets better really soon!

pitc9
11-29-2004, 12:46 PM
~*Hugs*~ and a prayer have been sent!

Get well soon sweetie pie!!

ChrisH
11-29-2004, 12:46 PM
Prayers on the way.

ramanth
11-29-2004, 01:34 PM
Awwww poor girl. :( Prayers and healing thoughts sent.

LorraineO
11-29-2004, 01:43 PM
Paws are pressed together and prayers are being said!!!

Queen of Poop
11-29-2004, 02:01 PM
I've said a prayer for your girl. Do hope she's feeling better soon.

lovemyshiba
11-29-2004, 04:32 PM
Poor girl.
It's so frustrating that they can't speak sometimes, especially when they're ill.

Prayers on the way!!

tatsxxx11
11-29-2004, 04:37 PM
Poor Raustyk:( How perplexing! My Star ate an entire chicken carcass this summer:( The vet said that most dogs do a great job of grinding up the bones, so a puncture of the GI tract is far less likely than an obstruction. It doesn't sound as though that's the issue with your sweetie, as she's having normal bowel movements. Is she eating well? Just wondering if they did any xrays? It is SO hard to figure out these things when they can't talk:( We'll surely be keeping your precious Raustyk in our thoughts and prayers! Please, keep us updated! Sending lots of postive thoughts your way. {{{HUGS}}}} to you Raustyk from Sandra, Cody and Star.

chocolatepuppy
11-29-2004, 05:29 PM
More prayers headed your way.

Karen
11-29-2004, 05:39 PM
Dear me, Raustyk, now is NOT the time to be stoic! Let 'em know where and when it hurts, so they can help you, okay? And, next time remember that turkey bones *hurt* so don't be quite as quick to gobble!

dukedogsmom
11-29-2004, 05:46 PM
I hope she gets better soon! It is so scary to see our dear loved furry ones in pain. You're so fortunate to be able to have her at work with you.

KYS
11-29-2004, 07:11 PM
Sending many good thoughts that Raustyk will be fine.

bckrazy
11-29-2004, 09:26 PM
aw, Raustyk, get better soon sweetie :(