PDA

View Full Version : What SUV do you like?

Tonya
11-28-2004, 10:55 PM
After our trip to Tahoe, I've decided that we need an SUV. (I don't do minivans or station wagons.) Our Honda is to small and our truck isn't practical. I don't want a huge SUV like a Suburban or Escalade. I want a medium size that'll fit a family and baggage or whatever.

I'm looking at the Toyota Sequoia's, but I don't know. They're pretty pricey. It'd be nice to get something cheaper but I also want something to meet my needs, so if I have to pay it I will.

I really don't know what's all out there. I have to do the shopping first and find something I like before I bring the idea up to my husband.

Who has SUV's? What kind? What do you like about yours?

Kfamr
11-28-2004, 10:57 PM
I love SUV's.
I plan on getting one whenever I drive/buy a vehicle.

My favorites are Blazer/Blazer X-tremes.
My sister has a Blazer and my brother had a Blazer X-treme.

I also like Suburbans and would eventually like to get one.

shais_mom
11-28-2004, 11:13 PM
I like the Hyundai Santa Fe's and the new Tuscons.
I LOVE the GMC Envoy or the Chevy Blazer.
For something smaller I really like the Kia Sportage, Honda Element, and the Jeep Liberty.
I have test drove the Element and it was very nice. The little book they give you actually says it has more room in it then some college dorms! I liked it b/c you could hose out the back end. Which would be excellant with Keegan.

good luck!! :)

Mandy1
11-28-2004, 11:13 PM
The Buick Rendevous isn't bad

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/Ding_dong/rendezvous-165.jpg

I like the Buick Rainier

Here's a picture of one
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/Ding_dong/Rainier.jpg

swimma253
11-29-2004, 05:27 AM
Toyota's make awesome SUV's.

My Mom owns a Honda Pilot which is great too. It is very room and drives very well. :)

Logan
11-29-2004, 05:31 AM
Tonya, I drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee and it is perfect for me. It is a great "dog hauling" car, which is exactly why I bought it! It is not the car of choice when all 5 of us (humans) are driving somewhere. My husband has a Ford Expedition, which fits the whole family much better because it has 3 seats and the gas mileage is no worse than in my Jeep. But, it has NO storage space or room for the dogs when all 3 seats are up, so if the dogs are riding along, we always take the Jeep. :)

Karen
11-29-2004, 06:03 AM
We have, and love, a Honda CRV. It's a "small" SUV, but has carried 5 adults without any problem, gets decent gas mileage, and the back seats fold don for lots of storage if needed. And I think they make it in a hybrid now, too. Ford also makes the Escape as a hybrid, another one worth considering!

neko1
11-29-2004, 06:09 AM
I have a small SUV, my Jeep Liberty Sport and I love it! For me, it's the perfect size and does great in the snow and ice.:)

slick
11-29-2004, 06:19 AM
I love SUV's and will never go back to a sedan again. Currently I drive a Chevy Blazer but I used to have a Jeep Cherokee. Both are awesome but the Blazer has bigger side mirrors which I like.

pitc9
11-29-2004, 07:27 AM
I love my Chevy Blazer, (perfect size for two big pups)
But I would love to have a GMC Envoy XL.

But I would keep the blazer for a "dog wagon"

Samantha Puppy
11-29-2004, 07:51 AM
Sequoias are HUGE! They're nice looking but I'd put them on the same level as an Escalade.

I really like the Nissan Murano. It looks like one of the pricer Lexus or Mercedes type SUVs but doesn't cost anywhere near what they do. I also really like the Dodge Durango and the Chevy TrailBlazer. I hope to have an SUV for when my family begins to expand as well...

Christiansmommy
11-29-2004, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by neko1
I have a small SUV, my Jeep Liberty Sport and I love it! For me, it's the perfect size and does great in the snow and ice.:)

I also have a Jeep Liberty Limited. I love it...it is a small SUV, but it fits Dale in the trunk and Christian in the back seat...you may need something a little bigger for 2 kids, and if you wanted to bring any of the dogs too...

Tonya
11-29-2004, 09:04 AM
Thank you, everyone. You've given me some ideas. I hadn't even heard of some of those models. I'm going to look at the Jeep Cherokee, the Mercury Mountaineer, Ford Explorer and Envoy, the Buick, and the Toyota 4-runner. I'd looked up some SUV comparison websites, but they only named the ones that I'd already heard of. Let me know if you think of anymore.

Samanthpuppy-

I think you are right about the Sequoia's. I'm wanting an optional 3rd seat and dog space in the back, but I don't want the turning radius of my truck. My truck is the same frame as a Suburban. I can't park anywhere or flip a U-Turn for the life of me. Not to mention if I get the Sequoia the way I want it, it's going to cost me 45k. I'd much rather have some extra spending money then be tied to a huge payment.

Miranda_Rae
11-29-2004, 09:10 AM
I don't know if a Suburban is an SUV, but we have it and I like it a lot! When i get older and have money I want to get an Cheverolet Suburban, don't know what color. I think hot guys in Suburbans are SO hot! :p Don't ask me why. :o I think them in Suburbans better than those little "hip" cars.

Tina
11-29-2004, 10:08 AM
I think anything but Chevy Blazer's. They are really not that great. I know of 4 different people that has had a Blazer and had tons of problems out of them. I can't tell you what problems they had, I have to ask my husband.

He has a friend that has been a Chevy person since he was really young. That is all he has ever had were Chevy's! Anyways his wife had a Chevy Blazer they finally traded it off couple weeks ago. They got a Ford Explorer! He was so glad to see it gone!

My mom and dad have a Suzuki XL-7 I think they are great SUV's. We borrowed their Suzuki on Thursday so we could go my huband's sister's house for Thanksgiving. I really loved driving it! I hope to get one in a few years.:)

Corinna
11-29-2004, 10:14 AM
I have a montero from Mitubisti (sp) I get 2 newfys and 1 springer. Plus 1 adult child. If no dogs I can seat 6 plus driver and lugage. I love it mine needs a tune up but I still get 20-25 mph . I'm not crazy about the new look but mine is a 1995.

BitsyNaceyDog
11-29-2004, 01:57 PM
My dad has a chevy trail blazer and I love it. My sister-in-law has a Jeep Liberty and it's nice but it's very small. I like Big SUVs, I want a Suburban.
Unlike you though I do want a mini van. :)

Jamieejo85
11-29-2004, 02:57 PM
We have a Hummer and they are awesome! I love their look! Of course, I am only allowed to drive it if my mom is with me because it is very expensive, otherwise I bought a Mercury cougar:rolleyes: but I want an SUV...

Katiesmom
11-29-2004, 02:58 PM
I have a Ford Escape and its perfect for me its a smaller version of a Ford Explorer and gets good gas mileage and its not as pricy as the Ford Explorer. I love my SUV, hope you find one that fits you :D

catland
11-29-2004, 03:12 PM
I have a Subaru Forrester. Its comparable to the CRV and Escape. It sits a little lower than some SUV's but is also rated safest in its class. Like all Subarus it has all wheel drive so it does great in all kind of weather.

My husband likes it because its the safest one around.
I like it because it does 0-60 in under six seconds.;)

Miranda_Rae
11-29-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Jamieejo85
We have a Hummer and they are awesome! I love their look! Of course, I am only allowed to drive it if my mom is with me because it is very expensive, otherwise I bought a Mercury cougar:rolleyes: but I want an SUV...

You have a Hummer?!?! :eek: Wow! Those things are cool.

Jamieejo85
11-29-2004, 03:21 PM
yeah..well i guess i should say that my mom has it because she paid for it.:)

lovemyshiba
11-29-2004, 04:43 PM
We have a Honda Pilot and (don't let my husband know) I do love it. He begged and begged and begged until I gave in to get it, and I always tell him how much I dislike it. Problem was, he got rid of my convertible and bought the Pilot:p

Anyway, it's great on gas, and it's roomy--it has 3 rows of seats, but I don't feel like I'm driving a bus when I'm driving it. I don't do u-turns anywhere, but I can maneuver it well--I can parellel park in it, which is actually saying a lot.

I also love Nissan Pathfinders (the new ones look a little icky though), Acura MDX, and the Lexus one (I can't remember what it's called--RX-7 maybe?).

Good luck with your search-- a friend of mine just had a baby and they decided to upgrade their Honda Civic to a pilot--her husband just loves it, and they have plenty of room for 2 carseats and all of the kids' stuff.

manda_moo87
11-29-2004, 08:58 PM
Hyundai Santa Fe! :D

At the moment we own a Hyundai Santa Fe and we are so pleased with it. It's such a great vehicle I can't say one bad thing about it! I HIGHLY recommend them!