PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite Christmas Decoration?

NoahsMommy
11-28-2004, 07:25 PM
My favorite Christmas decoration is also my most prized possesion. Its my grandmother's white bisque porcelain nativity scene.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4cf09b3127cce9d3a0ad3b85300000016109BYt2Llq2I

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4cf09b3127cce9d3a0adbb85b00000016109BYt2Llq2I

There are 18 figures, she got one or two each year.

When I was younger, she's always put them up on her mantle. I remember she did that and my brother and I did the tree. Always the day after Thanksgiving, and always just us three. :) As I got a little older, she let me hand the figures to her, but she always put them up herself.

When she passed on, it was the only thing I truly wanted. Each year, I put them up, by myself, with holiday music playing in the background. Its a very special time and I can understand why my grandmother did the same. :)

What about you? Do you all have any special decorations like this?

catnapper
11-28-2004, 07:31 PM
My favorite is my Lenox Nativity. I have ALL the figurines (helps my brother works for Lenox! ;) ) but I haven't put it out last year or this year because Poucner was a kitten last year, and now I have Harry and Abby who are kittens this year. Perhaps next year, I can put it out again without fear of it becoming a thousand pieces.

My most prized piece is the Ox my grandmom gave me the year she died. She paid full retail pirce for it, which was a lot of money for her. So that means Extra to me.

guineapiglover4life
11-28-2004, 07:31 PM
Hmm. We have this adorable cookie jar shaped like Santa. Really cute! :p

Uabassoon
11-28-2004, 07:48 PM
I don't really have any nice decorations, mainly because I don't really have a lot of money and also because nothing in my apartment is safe. Corkscrew and Tibby somehow always find a way to break everything. So I guess my favorite decorations would be their stockings. They give my apartment a nice holiday feeling, plus it's fun to stick little presents in them.

Tonya
11-28-2004, 09:03 PM
I don't know yet. When I get my Christmas decorations out of the attic, I'll let you know. :) I've got so much stuff, I can't remember.

kimlovescats
11-28-2004, 09:11 PM
I have a new decoration that I just love! My hubby bought it for me last week at Cracker Barrel! It is a fiber optic snowman, and he is soooooooo cute! I felt just like a little girl when I picked it out and took it home! :D

Uabassoon
11-28-2004, 09:14 PM
Kim that snowman is so cute!

NoahsMommy
11-29-2004, 01:45 AM
Kim (catnapper)-
What a precious gift from your grandmother, to go with your already special Nativity. :)

Kim (kimlovescats)-
That is a really cute snowman! My mom bought a few fiber optic pieces last year and they are so neat!

Nomilynn
11-29-2004, 02:07 AM
I don't have one (yet ;)) but my favourite family ornament is the Praying Santa. It's a figurine of Santa praying over Baby Jesus' creche. It encapsulates everything that Christmas means to me :)

NoahsMommy
11-29-2004, 10:40 AM
That's so neat, Naomi! :)

wolflady
11-29-2004, 11:17 AM
That's so nice that you were able to get your grandmother's nativity set, Kelly. :) I just love them!

It's not mine, but my dad has a nativity set that I just love. My sister and I always set it up every year (at least every year when we are able to make it home). It's probably my favorite holiday decoration too.

All of my ornaments from my childhood mean a lot to me because I have had them so long and they bring back a lot of fun memories.

As far as new decorations, I do have a fun fiber optic Christmas tree for our little house here in California that we bought a couple of years ago.

NoahsMommy
11-29-2004, 11:40 AM
That sounds so cute, Karen! Will it still be out when we come up for the cat show??

RICHARD
11-29-2004, 04:23 PM
My favorite Xmas Decoration is a wreath I made from a hoop of foam and stretchy red and green fabric......I just tied the fabric over the hoop and added a bell to the inside.

I gave it to my mom for her house and she threatens to throw it out every year....;)

But it shows up on the front door anyway.:D

cookieluver7
11-29-2004, 04:47 PM
Well, there is no Christmas decoration that is as special as this. There is one thing that is kinda special to me. It is this little bell that hangs from a light switch. The only reason why it is special to me is because when I was really little, I made up a rule that whenever somebody had to go to the bathroom, you had to ring the bell.:rolleyes: (I was little!:p ) Any way, Every year, my family (including cousins, aunts uncles, and friends) would follow the rule. Every year, if you have to go to the bathroom you have to ring the bell. So, even the it is a weird rule, it is special to me that every body follows it and knows that I came up with this rule. Because of this, I am always given the oppertunity to put up the bell.:D

kimlovescats
11-29-2004, 08:08 PM
I do love my new fiber optic snowman ... but I really have to say my most cherished ornaments, are all the cute little things my girls made for me in school when they were growing up!!! Soooooo special!!!:D