PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Tree Ideas...

DogLover9501
11-28-2004, 10:59 AM
We need an idea for our Christmas Tree.

I want to do an all white tree, with all white lights and white garland(sp)..etc.

My mom isn't sure if she likes the all white thing, but when she does our tree, it looks funny(shh :p) and it looks too crowded with ornaments, I told her that and she agreed that we'd only use half this time ;)

Does anyone have any different ideas?

Last year we had red and white lights :)

cookieluver7
11-28-2004, 11:25 AM
Hmmm... White trees are pretty and I like your idea. I don't have many suggestions for you. What we do for our tree every year is a green tree, white lights, all different ornaments, and a star on top! Make sure you post what you decided on.

Aspen and Misty
11-28-2004, 11:53 AM
Our house is done in snowmen, so we do our tree with clear lights and snow men ornaments. It always looks lovely :)

I like the idea of white, I think it would look pretty!

Ashley

Tonya
11-28-2004, 11:58 AM
I think we are going to have two trees this year. I'm planning on doing the living room tree in a seashell theme. I'm going to use a starfish for the top and sea shell ornaments. I'm going to use rafia as tinsel. In the game room, I'm going to try and do a gambling theme. I am not quite sure how, but I'm thinking dice and cards.

Last year, I did a safari tree. I used rafia as tinsel in that one and had big butterflies and flowers throughout that. I had wild animal ornaments. The year before, I did an all orange tree. (My favorite color.) All the ornaments and lights were of different shades of orange and peach. I did a cowboy tree for my grandmother last year. That turned out pretty cute too. That's all the ideas I can think of.

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-28-2004, 12:13 PM
We had our decorations all in white too last year!! This year however, we also want a new colour, and we chose...... RED:) :)

Last saturday we went to a X-mas-show, and we bought several red thingies: a birdie, red glass balls, few red garlands.. .
All we need now is a tree!!!!;)

Samantha Puppy
11-28-2004, 12:55 PM
I think white lights with white/ivory and gold toned ornaments is very pretty. I wish we were going to have white lights on our tree this year, but my husband requested color. D'oh.

chocolatepuppy
11-28-2004, 12:57 PM
I think white trees with pink lights are gorgeous!

DogLover9501
11-28-2004, 01:50 PM
Thanks all :)

I think white looks gorgeous on a green tree, maybe my mom will try it :p

christa
11-28-2004, 02:20 PM
I've done a patriotic tree the past two years. (My house is decorated in country/americana) . . . put white lights on the whole tree & then put a strand of red lights all the way around & down and then a strand of blue lights in between the red . . . I bought red/white/blue plaid ribbon after July 4th . . . then I have all sorts of americana themed ornaments on it . . . seriously, it's packed! I'll probably post some pics later with the kitties under it ;)

Tonya
11-28-2004, 02:31 PM
Just thought of another inexpensive touch. I buy ribbon in whatever color I'm doing and tie little bows on the branches. It looks cute.

DogLover9501
11-28-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
Just thought of another inexpensive touch. I buy ribbon in whatever color I'm doing and tie little bows on the branches. It looks cute.

That does sound like a nice touch, I'll keep that in mind ;)