PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Trees

cookieluver7
11-27-2004, 09:07 PM
Do you get real or artificial Christmas trees? I used to have real trees, but then my parents decided that it was too much of a hassle to get a Christmas tree every year so we have an artificial tree. I just wondered what everybody else has.

flamepony12
11-27-2004, 09:08 PM
Real tree, every year. :)

Tollers-n-Dobes
11-27-2004, 09:09 PM
We have an artificial tree:) I actually prefer them over the real ones though.

guineapiglover4life
11-27-2004, 09:22 PM
Depends. :)

GraciesMommy
11-27-2004, 09:25 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/pamelagraves/graciepjhaphol.gif

Artificial with victorian ornaments..all gold and white

bluekat
11-27-2004, 09:31 PM
We always use artificial ones:p We just got a new one about two years ago, it looks pretty real.

Amber
11-27-2004, 09:36 PM
artificial. :)

rizzy
11-27-2004, 10:13 PM
We have an artificial tree, but I like the real ones. The real trees make a big mess though. lol

manda_moo87
11-27-2004, 10:23 PM
We use an Artificial tree.

I do love real trees though, the smell.. Mmmm! A couple of years back we finally convinced my Mom to get us a real tree (she's a neat freak so she doesn't like the pine needle messes etc! :p). Anyways... it turned out it had spider eggs on it... and they hatched! Ick! Need I say more, that was the last real tree we had!

christa
11-27-2004, 10:51 PM
I have an artificial tree. Don't think I'd be able to stand the mess of a real tree.

slick
11-27-2004, 10:54 PM
I prefer a real tree but I'm in an apartment therefore an artificial tree is mandatory.

Besides.....I can leave it up longer with no falling needles....:) :)

catnapper
11-27-2004, 11:33 PM
Artifical... I tend to REALLY light a tree. Hubby jokes that you could read by the light of my tree... it takes me hours to string the lights properly, and is a major headache to unlight it. We threw out the tree last year - lights and all because it had seen one too many Christmases, and I didn't want to be bothered removing 1,000+ lights. This year, we got a new tree (many thanks to you-know-who for the fabulous gift of the tree) and I have half as many lights than normal. My daughter was laughing at me... she swears that I'm going to undo the tree and add more lights before Christmas! :D Perhaps I will :rolleyes:

Besides, this year we have kittens who think the tree is a great new toy. :D

wolf_Q
11-28-2004, 12:17 AM
We have an artificial tree. It has the lights built in, we just bought it last year though. Before we had a really old artificial tree and we bought real trees some years as well.

NoahsMommy
11-28-2004, 12:18 AM
We get a live one, but I'm kind of leaning towards getting an artificial one soon.

I always hate seeing all those trees that I know end up getting thrown away because they cut too many down. This year, I've decided to "rescue" a tree that no one will want. You know those trees everyone passes up because half of it is bare? Or the crooked ones? I'm getting one of those this year.

:)

tomkatzid
11-28-2004, 03:10 AM
Artificial.
With only 'dog' and 'cat' ornaments that we collected over the years.!!;)
Katz

cloverfdx
11-28-2004, 06:50 AM
Artificial, we used to get real tree's when my Brothers and I were little. We only put the tree up for my Cousins and the Dogs these days though ;).

lovemyshiba
11-28-2004, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
We get a live one, but I'm kind of leaning towards getting an artificial one soon.

I always hate seeing all those trees that I know end up getting thrown away because they cut too many down. This year, I've decided to "rescue" a tree that no one will want. You know those trees everyone passes up because half of it is bare? Or the crooked ones? I'm getting one of those this year.

:)

My mom always does that--she calls it her Charlie Brown tree:D

Real, always real trees for me:)

BitsyNaceyDog
11-28-2004, 08:42 AM
We have an artificial tree. I can't bring myself to get a real tree, it makes me sad to think of all those trees getting cut down.

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-28-2004, 08:54 AM
We had an artificial tree for many years. But 2 years ago, we discovered a new type of real tree: it does NOT loose its needles!! The needles are a bit thicker, and they all they where they are : on the tree!!
So, from now on: a REAL tree for me :)

Tina
11-28-2004, 11:33 AM
We always get a 'real' tree. :) My husband doesnt' care for the artificial trees.

We do have two miniature artificial trees though.:)

Karen
11-28-2004, 11:42 AM
Real tree - also known as the great big bunny treat. I'd be afraid an articficial one would upset somebunny's tummy!

guineapiglover4life
11-28-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Karen
great big bunny treat.

Or great big piggie treat in my case. :rolleyes:

Corinna
11-28-2004, 11:55 AM
artifical cuz I like to leave it up a long time. And being married to an ex fireman well after the kids grew up its a boxed tree.

Tonya
11-28-2004, 12:01 PM
We've always gotten a real tree, but I have my eyes on an artificial one that Costco has. It's tall and beautiful and prelit. It's really expensive though, so I'm not sure I want to buy it or wait until the after Christmas sales for a tree.

Samantha Puppy
11-28-2004, 12:57 PM
Until I was a senior in high school, we always had a fake tree. That year, I talked my parents into a real one and they've gotten real ones ever since.

This is my first Christmas with my husband and his family's only ever done real trees so my real tree tradition continues!!

chocolatepuppy
11-28-2004, 01:04 PM
Always a real one. Thinking about going artifical but only so I can put it up a little earlier! :)

Buddy Blaze Lover
11-28-2004, 05:31 PM
Artificial...my parents think the real ones make a mess, so we always put up the artificial tree the Saturday after Thanksgiving.;)

lisalee
11-28-2004, 09:42 PM
I've always had artifical and prefer artifical. I used to have a large size tree and now it's just a small one that I like to decorate different each year. I also have a fiber optic decorated that I just bought last year. I like to leave mine up a few months so therefore I couldn't have a real tree anyway.

prechrswife
11-28-2004, 10:12 PM
Artificial--much neater with the kitty cats!

teenster3
11-30-2004, 02:51 AM
My husband likes the "real" trees but I don't like the needles dropping all over the floor & stepping on them with bare feet! OUCH
I just bought 2 new artificial ones this year for a really great price. ($40.00 for both) They must have been last years trees at a liquidator place. But hey, it was to my benefit & they look good enough to me. I still need to get the ornaments on though....there's just been too much going on this year to do any decorating!;)
TiNa

mina'smomma
11-30-2004, 07:32 AM
Artifical because I'm allergic to the real ones. I would love to have a real one, but it reeks havic with my sinusis.

Logan
11-30-2004, 10:08 AM
Always real! :) Half the fun is going to pick it out. This year, we went to a Christmas Tree farm and cut it. I don't really feel the way about Christmas trees that I do about other trees being needlessly cut. These trees are planted for that exact purpose. I just wish that they would all be sold. It is a waste to have more cut than are used. :(

I can honestly say that I have never had an artificial tree. I know that many of them look really good. But every time I think of the fake ones, I think of my ex mother in law (a really sweet lady) who didn't even undecorate hers. She just wrapped a sheet around it and put it in the attic, lights, ornaments and all! :eek: