PDA

View Full Version : I'm feeling really bad now...I think I must share :(

EssTer
11-27-2004, 04:41 PM
Well...That's about Buddy..
How you already know I was in Paris from 19thNov. I came home yesterday... I was asking my mom where was Buddy when I came home - she said he was outside (he goes outside quite often - my mom said we must let him go outside when he wants..) and today she said that he hasnt been home for all this week..and I'm totally worried - cause goverment in my town has new rule - theu catch all cats that are outside and put in kinda shelter - of course they must call owner if cat has tattoo or collar with address (Buddy has collar with address and phone number). But I've heard that sometimes they just dont call owners and just puts animal in sleep.
I'm just siting here and crying - and blaming my self how bad owner am I...My sister has been looking for him while I was in France - she also went to that shelter...But no results.. I'm feeling really bad - i'm a really bad cat mommy :( :( :(
Why..oh why when everything is so fine something goes wrong ??? :(
I can just hope Buddy will come back safetly home.. and that those guys from shelter havent caught him ...
I'm so sorry for this threade.. But I have no one to share with...:(

guineapiglover4life
11-27-2004, 04:48 PM
Aww, I am truely very sorry! :( Please don't go so hard on yourself. It's not your fault. I will be praying that Buddy comes home safely. I'm so sorry! :(

dukedogsmom
11-27-2004, 05:34 PM
I am so sorry! I didn't know you were in Paris. When you feel better, I would like to hear about it. I hope Buddy is ok. I hope he's found safe and sound. You need to tell your mom how important it is not to let cats outside. I pray he comes back to you. You're not a bad meowmie. You didn't even know so try not to be so hard on yourself.

NoahsMommy
11-27-2004, 05:35 PM
I'm so sorry about Buddy. :( I'll be praying you find him soon.

Karen
11-27-2004, 05:47 PM
I hope Buddy comes back safe and sound, fat and happy. Don't blame yourself, dear, it's not your fault.

Heeere Buddy Buddy Buddy!

popcornbird
11-27-2004, 05:50 PM
Oh my gosh. :( I'm so sorry to hear that Esster. You are NOT a bad meowmie. Things just happen sometimes. I'll be praying hard for Buddy's safe return. {{{hugs}}} to you. Hang in there. Hopefully Buddy boy will return safe and sound.

cookieluver7
11-27-2004, 08:56 PM
Oh my goodness. I really hope you find Buddy. Don't blame yourself. You are not a bad cat mom. You are wonderful and it isn't your falt that you lost your cat. Make sure you post what happens. Best of luck.

bluekat
11-27-2004, 09:02 PM
Omg, I'm so sorry to hear that:( {{{hugs}}} Like the others said, please do not blame this on yourself..

We will all be praying for Buddy's safe return home.:)

Cinder & Smoke
11-27-2004, 09:23 PM
:(

DON'T give up Hope!!

Put some Food out on the porch;
and a item of your clothing that you've WORN and NOT washed.

*LOOK* EVERYwhere - in and under everything in your yard.

Talk to ALL your neighbors - take along a good picture of Buddy.

Print a copy of the photo and Leave the photo with the shelter workers.

Spend some time outside *Calling* him in a friendly, happy voice.
Do that morning, noon, and night.

Buddy ~ Please come HOME - Meowmee misses you!

/s/ Phred

Holly's mom
11-27-2004, 09:24 PM
Oh, I am so sorry to hear about Buddy. I agree with what everybody has said, it is not your fault, you had no way of knowing that happened while you were gone. I hope you have good news about Buddy soon, and that he is soon home purring in your arms. :) (((Hugs)))

joanofark
11-27-2004, 09:33 PM
I'm sorry. I know just how you feel. Kally ran away about a month ago and never came back:( But cats do come back and never ever ever ever give up! There is a good chance Buddy will come back though because he has a collar on, with your phone number. Kally had torn his of before he ran away. You are not a bad cat mom.:)

manda_moo87
11-27-2004, 10:32 PM
Oh dear! :( I hope dear Buddy comes home soon. Please don't blame yourself. You and your sweet Buddy boy are in my thoughts and prayers!! Hang in there!

Lilith Cherry
11-28-2004, 10:57 AM
Oh poor Esster!! I do hope Buddy turns up soon! Hugs and best thoughts to you!

Tina
11-28-2004, 11:45 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Buddy:( I hope he comes home soon!

lynnestankard
11-28-2004, 12:01 PM
Liga so sorry to hear Buddy's gone missing. I hope he comes home soon.

Could you call anyone at that shelter to let them know he's missing? Describe him and leave your phone number so they can ring you if he turns up.

Tell everyone you know and ask people to check sheds and garages.

C'mon Buddy - time you got back home - Meowmie worrying.

{{{Hugs}}} Liga - hope he's home very soon.

Lynne

Rachel
11-28-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
:(

DON'T give up Hope!!

Put some Food out on the porch;
and a item of your clothing that you've WORN and NOT washed.

*LOOK* EVERYwhere - in and under everything in your yard.

Talk to ALL your neighbors - take along a good picture of Buddy.

Print a copy of the photo and Leave the photo with the shelter workers.

Spend some time outside *Calling* him in a friendly, happy voice.
Do that morning, noon, and night.

Buddy ~ Please come HOME - Meowmee misses you!

/s/ Phred

Phred had some very good advice so it bears repeating. I agree that you shouldn't give up hope just yet. Our former neighbors cat was missing for weeks and weeks during a very cold and snow filled time several years ago. I had thought there was no way Peanut could have survived, but she did and appeared on their back porch one day. I'm hoping the same will happen with Buddy.

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-28-2004, 12:10 PM
OMG Esster, That is terrible... . Please don't give up on Buddy; he may be hiding somewhere, or not being able to get out of where he is. Keep asking your neighbours. And no, you are NOT a bad meowmie!!!
BUDDY COME HOME, PLEASE!!!

gini
11-28-2004, 12:37 PM
Oh, of course, you are feeling terrible, but please, please don't blame yourself.

Phred is right........food on the porch.........an item of your clothing........and talking to all of your neighbors.

Esster, years ago I went on a vacation and when I returned, my neighbor who was taking care of my kitty said she hadn't seen him in well over a week. I didn't even unpack my suitcase. I started going all over the neighborhood and called and called him.

I found him, strolling around someone's back yard. He came to me and I was so relieved.

I know that Buddy will show up and you will be rejoicing soon.

You will have my prayers that he shows up soon!

Randi
11-28-2004, 12:45 PM
Esster, don't blame yourself. Follow Phreds advice and keep looking for him - also in places you don't think he'll fit! :eek: When all is quiet around, there's a better chance he'll come forward. Late evenings is sometimes the best time!

He went missing for several days a while back, didn't he? He may have gone for some more adventure. Hopefully, you'll find him in good health very soon! :)

Good luck!

Toby's my baby
11-28-2004, 01:39 PM
Esster, please, please don't blam yourself!!

Look everywhere for Buddy and keep your hopes up. My cat Cassie has been lost 2 times before, once she was gone for about a week and she found her way home(she was sleeping in the back of my dad's pick-up and when my dad turned about 5 miles away she jumped out of the pickup and ran into a field, we searched for her and people on snowmobiles even looked for her:eek: and we still couldn't find her but one day before school she came walking down the road:rolleyes: ) another time a lady that used to work at a pound about 200 miles away called our house and said that our cat was there:eek: we didnt believe it, she had been missing for about 3 months and someone had found her and called the number on her tag. We drove the 200 miles and sure enough my cat was in her living room. She said she was going to keep her, (cassie is a siamese) because she was soo beautiful but then she thought about how she would feel if she lost her cats and someone kept them, so she gave us a call...

Thank god for all the wonder full people out there, lets hope Buddy is safe and will find his way home!

slick
11-28-2004, 02:08 PM
EssTer, I'm so sorry about Buddy but please don't give up hope. I just pray that some kind soul has taken him in and he's been well looked after.

You are NOT a bad Meowmie. These things just happen sometimes and you've gotten some really good advice here. Please keep us updated.

{{{HUGS}}}

ramanth
11-29-2004, 08:53 AM
I'm so sorry. :( But don't give up hope! And please don't blame yourself. It's not your fault. *hugs*

mina'smomma
11-29-2004, 08:55 AM
I'll keep a prayer that Buddy will return safely. Please keep us updated on his return.

moosmom
11-29-2004, 10:14 AM
Please don't give up hope! My LilEli was missing for 5 days after falling out of my front window. I looked all over the neighborhood with no luck. One night I came home and he was sitting in our back yard!!! He'd been staying in the basement doorway the whole time!

Good luck honey!

EssTer
11-29-2004, 02:21 PM
thank you a lot for those nice words...
I've been looking for Buddy when ever I have free time.. I always go outside especially in evening and call for him... I've been said about Buddy my neighbours, so they know he's missing...Omg.. I really miss him :(

Cinder & Smoke
11-29-2004, 03:21 PM
{{{HUGS}}}

Don't give up!

Keep *calling* for him;
and when you can, *GO* to the neighbours' and *call* for him
at their houses, too. He might not come to them calling him -
but may respond to YOUR voice.

Please come HOME, Buddy!

/s/ Phred

Kfamr
11-29-2004, 03:31 PM
Oh no Liga!

I somehow missed this thread.
I really have no clue what to say. I hope your sweet Buddy comes home to his mommy. In no way are you a bad one either!

{{HUGS}}

lynnestankard
11-29-2004, 04:43 PM
Liga - keeping Buddy in my prayers and thoughts - c'mon home Buddy - Meowmie waiting.

Lynne

Rachel
12-06-2004, 01:46 PM
Just checking in to see if there was any news on Buddy.

joanofark
12-06-2004, 07:37 PM
This is a story that rg_girlca told me when Kally ran away~

I don't know if you heard the story about the time our Mittens went missing, so i'll tell you a short version of it.
We figured he had gotten out when someone was putting the garbage out. It's not the first time he has done that, but within an hour he would be back home. Well not this time. After a month, I figured we would never see him again. But on the 48th day that he had been missing, at 2 in the morning, we heard this cat meowing outside our bedroom window. I thought, no it can't be and low and behold, it was our Mittens. Skinny, full of fleas and some minor injuries that were all taken care of.

Just Keep the Faith...
:( :)