PDA

View Full Version : I have a heartbreaking announcement to make.

guineapiglover4life
11-27-2004, 02:25 PM
I am terribly upset, for my beloved thirteen year old golden retriever is sick. He is old, and can no longer control his feces. :( I cannot believe it, my precious doggy who stood by my side all these years, is now going to be put to sleep. I can barely keep myself from crying as I type this. :( I don't know what to do.

Lexie

sabies
11-27-2004, 02:31 PM
So sorry to hear. What is causing the problem? Is there no way to control it?

I understand how you feel - my Sadie is 12 and I can't imagine her not with me after being thru so much together. My thoughts are with you.

guineapiglover4life
11-27-2004, 02:34 PM
He has cancer. A large tumor is in his abdomen, and he is too old too operate on.

chocolatepuppy
11-27-2004, 02:45 PM
So sorry. :( There comes a time sometimes when we have to let our dear friend go. It's not easy. You have all of us to help you through this. You will be in my thoughts and prayers at this difficult time. {hugs}

tatsxxx11
11-27-2004, 02:55 PM
Oh Lexie:( I'm so, so sorry sweetheart:( I wish I were there to give you a big hug and wipe away your tears. I remember the first time you posted a pic of your beautiful Golden boy; you were so proud and I know how much you love him. The hardest thing we furmoms have to face is the loss of a beloved best friend:( But there is one thing I am sure of Lexie, and that is that no dog was ever more loved than your precious boy. I wish there were words that could help ease the pain, but there are none. Please know we are here for you, Lexie. Oh, what a sad day:( HUGS to you friend. You and your boy will be in my thoughts and prayers. Love, Sandra

KYS
11-27-2004, 03:10 PM
Lexie, sending oodles of hugs your way.
I know how heart breaking this decision must
be for you.
He will always be your friend and guardien forever.
(((HUGS)))
Karen

CountryWolf07
11-27-2004, 03:16 PM
I am so sorry to hear about the difficult decision.. please do know that you are doing the right thing, end his suffering, and he will be thankful. He will always be with you, no matter what. I'll be thinkin' of you -- big hugs!!

Karen
11-27-2004, 03:38 PM
We are sorry to hear this. But he had a wonderful life full of love, and he knows you love him still. Think of it as putting an end to his suffering, not as end end to his life, for he live on forever in your heart, right?

guineapiglover4life
11-27-2004, 03:48 PM
Oh thank you guys, you are all so comforting. Karen, that is a good way to think of it, I am ending his suffering, not his his life. :) It makes me feel better that you guys are so caring! Goldie sends slobbery kisses, and will continue from heaven.

Love always,

Lexie

Glacier
11-27-2004, 04:02 PM
I'm so sorry. It's the last gift you can give your treasured dog--to release him from his suffering. He knows you love him and will always love him.

When Hoodoo died someone told me that "he not gone, he's just gone ahead". I repeat that to myself alot when I missing Hoodoo.

Cazi
11-27-2004, 04:04 PM
My last dog was 13 when I had him put to sleep.

As someone has pointed out, you are not ending the life, but the suffering.

You are giving him a new lease of life where he can run around, pain free, happily play with all the other dogs in Rainbow Bridge and be with you at all times.

I'm sure that Peps, my last dog, will keep him in good company.

xx

robinh
11-27-2004, 07:06 PM
Oh, I am so sorry. Such a tough decision, the hardest you'll ever make. But Goldie knows you love him and trusts you to do the right thing.
:(

flamepony12
11-27-2004, 07:08 PM
I'm so sorry. I couldnt imagine ever losing my golden. Lots of prayers coming your way. :(

((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))

Tollers-n-Dobes
11-27-2004, 07:09 PM
I am so sorry:( I know it's hard but you're doing what's best for him:(

Chica
11-27-2004, 08:00 PM
I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR BELOVED PET. :(

GoldenRetrLuver
11-27-2004, 08:14 PM
Oh gosh, I'm so sorry. :(:( I don't know what to say. I bet he lived a very long, happy life with you.

I'll be keeping you in my thoughts. I'm truely very, very sorry. You can PM me if you need anything, okay?

{{hugs}}

LorraineO
11-27-2004, 08:28 PM
oh I am so sorry to hear this,,, I am sending you a big cyber hug..........:( :(

fritz03
11-27-2004, 08:41 PM
Sorry to hear about your dog.We know how you feel.We had to put our miniature poodle Ruffles to sleep on April3,2002.He was blind,deaf,couldn't walk straight and was tripping over himself,so my dad made the decision to have it donw.It was hard those last few days to look at him,knowing he would be gone soonMy dad made a coofin for him,put carpet in it and covered him with a towel as if he was sleeping.We were so sad about it,we couldn't tell anybody about it for a few days.It's still kind of hard now,but it does get better over time.So 4 months later we bought a Bichon Frise by the name of Fritz whose birthday is June 3 same as my mother.We buried Ruffles close by and I try and talk to him every day and I'm sure he's listens to me.Now I'll send a picture of Ruffles and Fritz.Hope you feel better soon.

fritz03
11-27-2004, 08:45 PM
Here's a picture ome and our late dog Ruffles.

sammy101
11-27-2004, 08:50 PM
im so sorry Lexie:( how heartbreaking,i lost one of my dogs that i grew up with this past spring,but i didnt go to the vet to put her to sleep and i regret it.:(
You can PM me whenever you'd like

{{hugs}} and prayers

dappledoxie
11-27-2004, 10:41 PM
I am so very sorry! ((Hugs))

RottiMommy49
11-28-2004, 01:22 AM
I'm so very sorry about the loss you are going to have, I can relate to what you are going through, having been through the same thing less than a year ago. I can tell you it will become easier with time, lots of time. It's the kindest, most unselfish thing we can do for our sick beloved babies but so hard to do. I know in my heart that your baby will be there with you and watcing out for you until you are once again reunited. My thought's and prayers are with you at this very sad time.:(
God Bless you and your baby. You are a very good, brave Mom.:)

Lots and lots od hugs being sent to you.

(((((((((Lexie)))))))))
Deb, Monty and Kiki

Lilith Cherry
11-28-2004, 01:59 AM
Oh I am so sorry to hear about goldie.. lots of love and hugs to you.:(

anna_66
11-28-2004, 09:33 AM
Lexie I'm so sorry to hear it's time for your golden boy to take his leave from this earth. But please be comforted knowing that
he will no longer be in pain and will be free to roam and run
at the bridge with all the other that have gone before him.

I know what it's like to loose a member of the family after so
many years, but I know your doing what is the best for him as
did we. All the kind words can't take away the pain, but please know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers as you go through this hard time

{{{HUGS}}}
Anna

Albea
11-28-2004, 09:36 AM
Lexie, I'm so sorry for you. I know exactly how you feel, I had to make the same decision when my first Golden had cancer many years ago. Goldie had a wonderful life with you and he will be looking down from the Rainbow Bridge, when he's not playing with his new friends, and thanking you for your endless love. He will be in your heart forever.
You are in my thoughts.