PDA

View Full Version : From Catmandu...

slick
11-27-2004, 01:49 PM
I'm on the phone with him right now and he wants me to tell you about his new found friend.....

He was coming out of the farmer's market and a lady was selling a neutered male chocolate point meezer for $50 complete with cat dishes, cat food and a wonderful carrier so Gary couldn't resist. He took him to make sure he had a good home. Gary says that he is still scared and is in the bathroom and there's a bit of growling going on but once Gary starts to pat him the growling stops. Guess he knows a loving hand when he see it.
Gary says he's going to wait until this little meezer calms down then have his vet make a house call.

He doesn't have a name right now. I was thinking Hershey or Jersey but Gary's friend who was with him today thinks this little meezer should be called Bargain. Got any ideas?

I'm hearing little Precious purr as I write this.:) I've heard Joseph meow, I heard little Princess meow. What a wonderful call.

I'm sure Gary will follow up tomorrow morning when he gets to the library.

kimlovescats
11-27-2004, 01:53 PM
How exciting! Congrats Gary, and new meezer! You may not know it yet, but you are one LUCKY kitty!!!:D

NoahsMommy
11-27-2004, 02:04 PM
Oh, what a lucky meezer to get to be one of Gary's kitties! :)

Congrats to you both!! I can't wait to hear all about the new addition.

Names...hmmmm. It is close to Christmas, what about a festive name? Cinnamon, Spice, ooooh....a raindeer name? hee hee...what a dork! ;)

lynnestankard
11-27-2004, 02:16 PM
Oh Lucky Lucky Meezer - you're joining the best Clan of Meezers possible.

Congratulations dear Gary - and 'Thank You' for giving a needy furry a lovely home.

How about naming the newbie Galaxy (name of a choccy bar over here!)

Waiting to hear all about this newcomer.

Lynne

catfamily
11-27-2004, 02:28 PM
I'm so Glad Gary took him in case someone who didn't know a thing about caring for a cat.Great Bargain too.I think he should be called Bargain.:D

catfamily
11-27-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by catfamily
I'm so Glad Gary took him in case someone who didn't know a thing about caring for a cat.Great Bargain too.I think he should be called Bargain.:D
My husband says to name him cheapee.LOL

Edwina's Secretary
11-27-2004, 02:33 PM
Slick, are the ultimate multi-tasker! Talking on the phone with Gary, having a cyber-drink with Lynne and MOFF, and typing on Pettalk!

I like the idea of a chocolate name.....Snickers???? Mars????

slick
11-27-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Slick, you are the ultimate multi-tasker! Talking on the phone with Gary, having a cyber-drink with Lynne and MOFF, and typing on Pettalk!
I am woman
Hear me roar.....
:D :D
So you've been luking in the bar.....why don't you stop by for a drink. The wine is always chilled. ;) Would love to sit down and talk to you.

Corinna
11-27-2004, 03:25 PM
My daughter had a choc. point Balineese once named Pepsi.

rosethecopycat
11-27-2004, 03:42 PM
How about Moon Pie.

jenluckenbach
11-27-2004, 04:27 PM
Congratulations Gary on your new addition.

rg_girlca
11-27-2004, 04:36 PM
Oh Gary, you are such a softie.

Bless you for taking in this little guy.

Hope all turns out well for him.:)

catcrazylady
11-27-2004, 08:26 PM
CONGRATULATIONS GARY!!:D :D :D How wonderful! I can't wait to hear more stories from you.:D

Lilith Cherry
11-28-2004, 07:15 AM
Oh, thats great! what a lucky pusscat to be rescued by Catmandu! Hope we get pictures soon?

cloverfdx
11-28-2004, 07:31 AM
Ohh how exciting, congratulations Gary.

How about...
Duncan: Brown warrior
Noel: Christmas
Reagan: Little king
Rene: Reborn
Ryan: Little king
Zane: Gift of God

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-28-2004, 09:50 AM
What a lucky cat!! I cannot wait to see pics!!
ps. what is a "meeser"? Is that a special breed?:confused:

cloverfdx
11-28-2004, 10:16 AM
ps. what is a "meeser"? Is that a special breed?
A meezer is a Siamese ;).

Barbara
11-28-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by slick
The wine is always chilled. ;) Would love to sit down and talk to you.

Don't chill Sara's red wine:D

I feel a meezer needs a more poetic name -not like Bargain or Cheapee! I'm not good in names however - but I hope you find a good one:)

Randi
11-28-2004, 10:51 AM
Congrats on your new addition Gary - how wonderful that he/she? ended up with you. :D Can't wait to hear how he/she settles in!

catmandu
11-28-2004, 12:19 PM
Is a meezer Siamese,Chocolate Point,about 18 months ,old and neutered,and declawed.I would neber had him decl;awed myself.I took him,because the Lady,was selling him,on the street,and I wanted him,to have a good home,or if he is stolen,we can get him home.The Lady,atht was selling him,spoke no English,at all,so I couldnt find out any information.Photos,will come,when he calms down,and gets aquainted! The Resident Cats,all scraed him,and he is still,in a shell.And Slicks name,Hesrhey Bar,fits,so well,that it is Purrfect.

kimlovescats
11-28-2004, 12:20 PM
I am so thrilled for Hershey Bar, Gary! Whatever his story, he couldn't have ended up in a better home!;)

QueenScoopalot
11-28-2004, 04:19 PM
Congrats Gary! I think Chocolate Truffles...or just Truffles is cute. Hershey's is cute too...but I love the Lindt Chocolate Truffles...Mmmmm makes me want to come to Canada and eat up your new meezer! Probably closer to just drive to the store and get truffles LOL! Just what my butt needs. :rolleyes: :D

catnapper
11-28-2004, 04:50 PM
Yay! Hershey Bar is a fine name for a SWEET kitty. this is wonderful of you to take him and now I know he will have a great home.

koxka
11-28-2004, 05:22 PM
Congrats Gary! or I should say ,congrats Hershey! You are one lucky kitty.