PDA

View Full Version : Bono is looking SO good!!

ChrisH
11-27-2004, 11:54 AM
Just had to say that I saw him perform on tv today and I think he looks even better than ever! Age becomes him. :D

As for the new album, oh, boy! I think it is the best one they have made for a long time. I love it!! My favourite track, for now anyway, is "Sometimes you can't make it on your own", it's, it's ... wonderful!

Fan or not please take a listen, it is great!!

Chris

Kfamr
11-27-2004, 11:58 AM
Amy says she agrees.......

I don't mind them but it's not something I HAVE to listen to.
Surprisingly, right now is the first time Amy has listened to something other than U2 while i've been here.:p

slick
11-27-2004, 11:59 AM
:confused: Who is he? Think I'll have to do some searching...

The only Bono I've ever known is Sonny Bono...and I'm just know you aren't walking about him....LOL

Kfamr
11-27-2004, 12:00 PM
Bono is the lead singer of the band "U2"
http://www.harrywalker.com/photos/Bono.jpg

wolf_Q
11-27-2004, 12:11 PM
I had to log on so I could post myself. I LOVE the new album, I'm obsessed with it. :D I really like Sometimes you can't make it on your own as well, it's the song that I've been singing in my head constantly.

slick
11-27-2004, 12:12 PM
Ahhhhh, I see. I'm sooo out of the loop sometimes...Must be my age........:o :o
Of course I know the band "U2". Guess I'll have to see if I can find a snippet to listen to.

Vermontcat
11-27-2004, 12:15 PM
I have to say that even after 25 years of performing, Bono of U2 has still got Charisma!:D

Chris, here is a link to another thread where we were talking about U2.
Vertigo (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64510&highlight=Vertigo)

I got the Vertigo CD, DVD and Book set on Wednesday. I was up late that night listening to every song.:)
I also like the song "Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own".
I think I heard that it's about his father who died a few years ago.

wolf_Q
11-27-2004, 12:17 PM
I'm still waiting for my cd/dvd/book set to be mailed (ordered it online) but I have the regular version as well.

Yes, Sometimes you can't make it on your own was written about his father.

Vermontcat
11-27-2004, 12:23 PM
Amy, I got mine on sale at Best Buy, you will love it when you get it.:)
Also on Monday, they did a concert by the Brooklyn Bridge in NYC and part of it will be on MTV on Dec 10.

dappledoxie
11-27-2004, 12:51 PM
He is looking really good! :) I do like their music, I need to get the new CD bad.

ChrisH
11-27-2004, 12:58 PM
At the moment I can't afford to get up in the morning so I haven't bought the album. :) I borrowed it off my son ... might be for an indefinite period. :D

One thing of interest that was announced by the presenter after their performance this morning was that Bono had said they are going to allow their 2005 shows to be downloaded onto mp3 for no charge!

As to the tours, at the end of a radio show last Monday (talking about the new album) he was asked about when and where and he said they would be going to the US in the spring and Europe in the summer.

Chris

wolf_Q
11-27-2004, 01:26 PM
Also on Monday, they did a concert by the Brooklyn Bridge in NYC and part of it will be on MTV on Dec 10.

This is why I need cable tv.....arg I don't have MTV :(

One thing of interest that was announced by the presenter after their performance this morning was that Bono had said they are going to allow their 2005 shows to be downloaded onto mp3 for no charge!

As to the tours, at the end of a radio show last Monday (talking about the new album) he was asked about when and where and he said they would be going to the US in the spring and Europe in the summer.

Can't trust everything Bono says as he says a lot of things lol but I do hope that will be true. It would be nice if you could order a CD of each concert too (BNL did that for their last tour).

I've heard that the tour will start in Florida. I may end up flying out there, since I want to go to Florida anyway. I hope they come to Utah again, but if they don't I'll find a way to see them. :)

Vermontcat
11-27-2004, 01:49 PM
Amy, you need cable TV!
At least you can go to MTV.com and read the latest news on them there.
Click on news and there is a story and photos of them in NYC.

I also heard that they would start their US tour in Florida in March.
I'm waiting to hear when they will be in Boston or someplace else closer to me than Florida.:)

Cincy'sMom
11-27-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
This is why I need cable tv.....arg I don't have MTV :(

If you find out when it is on, I can record it and send it to you!

tatsxxx11
11-27-2004, 04:37 PM
Love U2 and especially Bono, who like a good wine, gets finer with age!;) I love the new CD!!!

Vio&Juni
11-27-2004, 04:43 PM
I love Bono and I love U2. I love Bono not only as a singer, but also for what he's trying to do for others.

I saw him younger in a documentary recently and I also thought that he looks better now :)